3 hours of hard americanoise, some pretty significant names in there

>factotumtapes.bandcamp.com/album/cut-up-america-pre-order

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/b1jr1era
zltz.bandcamp.com
factotumtapes.bandcamp.com/album/cut-up-america-pre-order
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

clyp.it/b1jr1era
What do you guys think of this noise track I've made?

I like the variety of sounds, but they should really be elongated into a track that spans 10 minutes or so, or just multiple tracks.

The quick transitioning is fluid, but is still jarring, and you'll run out of material faster and be left with a minuscule EP

Yeah, thanks. I'd a feeling it was too impatient-sounding.

>tfw my sissy spacek shipment is on the mail truck for today's delivery

I dig the sound a lot. I would have loved to hear a more intense build up around the half minute mark.

pretty generic and unremarkable simplistic grey crackling, not much there as far as depth or individual flavor goes

Did you get to the drop

i heard the whole thing. it's utterly dull and disposable, i imagine you can find hundreds of noise tracks that sound exactly like this scattered throughout bandcamp and soundcloud

Bump

Btfo

you don't have to go

goddamn that was good

I had a good session today, a 18mn improv with tapelooping. Dunno if I am going to release it myself or look for a split.

Are you guys working on anything ?

Been working on finishing up a debut release for a year now to establish the project I've been working on since 2014. I'm almost done, but I hesitate to post it here, so I might just post it in the BC/SC thread on Special Interests or something. Anyone know how the noise discussion is over there?

SI is good
they know their shit and don't suffer fools much
i'm not sure how much of a response you should expect from them though, they tend to be pretty indifferent and unresponsive to self-promotion unless it's something really cool

>Been working on finishing up a debut release for a year now to establish the project I've been working on since 2014.

are you that "our exit bag" dude?

>are you that "our exit bag" dude?

No, not sure who that is. I've never posted any of my stuff anywhere.

>they tend to be pretty indifferent and unresponsive to self-promotion

Oh well then. All I know is there's a thread for sharing your stuff there. Of course I'm not just doing generic HNW or uninspired samey noise, but if the response still largely tends to be indifferent, I'm probably not going to get any discussion generated about it. Looking at the latest page of that thread now it does just seem to be people sharing links and not a lot of anything else. I just don't want to be associated with this board.

>I just don't want to be associated with this board.

that is more than understandable
the best thing i can recommend as far as getting feedback from others goes is involving yourself in your local noise crowd if there is one, and then going from there
between the increasing expenses of tape trading and the way that the internet/downloading almost seems to have made tape trading obsolete in itself(while unfortunately not really providing any superior alternative to young aspiring noise artists who just want to be heard and be given some advice), things are in a weird place regarding meaningful communication between people involved in this culture or whatever you'd want to call it

>I just don't want to be associated with this board.
Yeah I understand that too, still I like to hear what other people do.

Here's mine, if that can encourage other people to post their stuff : zltz.bandcamp.com

anyone gonna be going to this?

>factotumtapes.bandcamp.com/album/cut-up-america-pre-order

Worth it for TLASILA alone.

Still no rips of those Skin Crime pre-order tapes... Man, I might start messaging people on discogs.

i gotta admit to being really surprised by how long it's been taking for rips of those tapes to surface, i guess people are feeling pretty protective of their personal ownership of them.
i'd have expected at least the alberich/lussuria and RSE tapes to get ripped by now.

Yeah, me too, it's pretty crazy. Although a dude a while back pointed out that no one has ripped that one Bed Of Nails tape comp from years ago.

But holy fuck I'm dying to hear both of the releases you mentioned. I know Dom loves obscurity and "not having all the answers" or whatever, which is fair enough, but I hope he'll consider a digital re-release. An Alberich/Lussuria split is too important to keep hidden away

>no one has ripped that one Bed Of Nails tape comp

i was under the impression that tape was made specifically for some live showcase of a bunch of hospital artists, and it's more understandable to me for those show-only tapes to never surface online than it is for the stuff that anyone could get through mailorder

>but I hope he'll consider a digital re-release

yeah, i'd get digital releases of these tapes the second they were made available if he did it