ITT: musicians who can literally release the same record over and over again and get away with it

ITT: musicians who can literally release the same record over and over again and get away with it

Beach House

Kendrick
Beyonce
Kanye
Animal Collective
U2
Coldplay
Radiohead
Death Grips

I could go on but Sup Forums might bust a gut

i listened to that red album and besides the first track it's terrible
lol, name two animal collective albums that sound remotely similar

Radiohead.

Ramones
Motorhead
AC/DC
Most Blues/Rock 'n' Roll musicians

Doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

>Thank Me Later

Disgustingly sugary and commercial pop-rap. Basically what people who never heard of Drake think Drake still sounds like.

>Take Care

Still Pop-rap but with a lot more emphasis put on atmospheric and moody production. Heavier emphasis on alternative RnB.

>NWTS

Even weirder and moodier production. The songs seem to dissolve and melt into one another. Definitely not as upbeat as Take Care was.

>If you're reading this...

Hard hitting bangers with a nocturnal and hypnotic production. Came out of nowhere and surprised a lot of people who previously disliked Drake. Still his best for me.

>Views

Thank me Later 2.0 mixed with some Take Care. Basically songs "for the girls". Sounds uninspired and tiring.

Beach House would be so good if they ever bothered to take a fucking risk and record a song that doesn't sound like Norway

A band that both can and have

I think this guy's on his way out, his last album was boring as shit and now everyone's doing the slacker-stoner rock thing

>Radiohead
How?

>everyone's doing the slacker-stoner rock thing

Wouldn't that make him as popular as ever?

>Kanye
I know this is a meme post, but... There are a lot of negative things you can say about Kanye, but "release the same record over and over" isn't one of them. The difference between each album is like the one positive thing he has going for him.

I figure either people are bored of the genre in general, or maybe other people do it better than him? I just think it's overdone and boring at this point.

fully agree with this

NWTS was 40's shot at cloud rap, and I thought it was awesome. it also showcased drake trying to be more tough (worst behavior).

God, views sucked. There were way better songs "for the girls" on take care and NWTS

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

>Kendrick

Christ you have no clue what you're talking about

>Death Grips
>Beyonce post self-titled
>Kanye
>Kendrick
>Radiohead

Are you just listing bands that Sup Forums likes just to get people angry? Have you actually listened to these peoples' music?

>Beyonce
>bands that Sup Forums likes
wat

Wrong word used there.

Like, this isn't even an opinion. Regardless of if you like Radiohead or not, if you think The Bends and Kid A sound the same, youre just factually wrong.

GKMC is completely different to TPAB. The guy is just a idiot

the fucking Red Hot Chili Peppers

Not him but they've functionally been the same since Amnesiac. They've tightened up their craft for sure but a lot of their music since sounds like cousins of Pyramid Song, You And Whose Army, or Dollars and Cents. Even TKOL, with its loops and polyrhythms, still sounds like Amnesiac with more trees.

Sung Tongs and Feels, but whatever, the guy is wrong

Y'all are so salty about the generic bullshit you listen to damn

Taylor Swift
Lil Wayne
Portugal the man
Black Keys

Well yeah, all the albums of a band sound similar, because theyre all made by the same 5 people. But there are much better answers than them for this thread. In Rainbows sounds very different from Amnesiac. Much more acoustic, much lighter, more peaceful mood. TKOL sounds fairly similar to In Rainbows but with, as you said, loops and polyrhyhtms. Is this not enough to disqualify them from this thread?

But user, how can you say that if you havent heard at least 3 albums from them?

They are right about Kanye, though. Man has sincerely never released the same album twice.

are you retarded? just because they're generic doesn't mean they fit the thread.

It's called "post artists where every album sounds the same"... whether the artist is generic bullshit or not is meaningless

>Being this dense

Radiohead since Kid A

I didn't mean that you used the word 'band'. Beyonce isn't popular here.

Yes and no. Their first 5 were very restless and transformative, but they settled into an established style with Amnesiac, their own eclectic blend of alt rock, jazz, krautrock, and classical. Very diverse blend and a lot to play with, but they have just about confined themselves to that mix in the albums since. That's not a bad thing and again they've given themselves plenty of tools to play with but they have been doing more refining than expanding for several albums now.

The Ramones
Though it is a good album they released over and over again

This

>U2
Have you actually listened to their discography?

>Kid A anything like In Rainbows
>Hail to the Thief anything like The King of Limbs
foh stupid bitch ass

That's fair. I would still say TKOL is a big step forward for them, very interesting rhythmically. I mean they've never made songs like Bloom or Feral before.

These last three albums, aside from TKOL, are not so different sonically from some of the songs on Amnesiac; however I think they are extremely different in terms of mood. Like I said, they are happier and more peaceful than the happiest points in Amnesiac

One cam make an argument for College Dropout and Late Registration...even though they're both pretty good

>AnCo
couldn't possibly be more wrong. It's like you listened to MPP and just assumed everything was the same

>taking the bate
No thnx m8