Why is Denmark considered Nordic when their language is completely unintelligible to other Nordics?

Why is Denmark considered Nordic when their language is completely unintelligible to other Nordics?

Other urls found in this thread:

ee.oulu.fi/~bennis/
youtube.com/watch?v=wX45Td-HEcI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>this coming from you
Back to the steppes, gook.

>unintelligible
but they look the same.
actually all of you except finland.
yu look like us.

But your language is unintelligible to us as well. That said, yes Danish is indeed unintelligible to us, when spoken.

>completely unintelligible to other Nordics?
It's not. We understand bits and pieces.

True. Norwegian and Swedish are the only modern nordic languages. Traditional nordic languages can be found in Iceland and Faroe. Denmark can go choke on that dumb potato stuck in their throat.

Swedes have really weird yellow colored hair.

That's what real blonde hair looks like. Those dyed girls in America aren't really blonde you know?

but i heard that norge bokmal is danish 2.0

Swedish is the official language of Finland

Whenver I see fingolian with huge cheeks and slanted eyes, it reminds me of my unco kim's ex girlfriend before plastic surgery.

Who knows. They are honestly closer to Germans than us.

You heard wrong english teacher-san.

Similar written, but no form of spoken Norwegian compares to the clusterfuck that is Danish

spoken norwegian is pretty close to danish, and it's only getting more similar when danish is the most used form of writing norwegian.
when a newsreader speaks in norwegian, nothing would have to change to make it danish other than a change of pronunciation.

I want to agree, but the irony won't let me

plus they aren't even connected to the scandinavian peninsula

If a scanian tried to speak norwegian would he actually be speaking danish?

Benisula :DD

T. ee.oulu.fi/~bennis/

>Be danish
>Constantly get shit for talking unclear on Sup Forums
Okay guis I understand please stop making threads every day about this.

well if you fixed your language we wouldn't be making them

you could start by getting rid of your utterly retarded counting system

make Norwegian our second language instead and I'm satisfied

they are niggers

Why do you have your own flag? You're puny af.

>swallow the potatoes then talk

Problem solved.

Sure dude I will just call the language guy and we will fix it right up.
Why didn't I think of that?

Because they're an autonomous region, just like Åland

My point is norwegian bokmål is danish, there are only a few differences between the written languages. And since norwegian have convinced themselves, that the written danish is standard norwegian, they are only getting more danish, while old dialects die out.

If they had accepted a written language based on spoken norwegian in the 1700s or 1800s, modern norwegian would be much more like icelandic and faroese.

post vocaroo

vocaroo please

We managed to pull of a big spelling reform in 1906, why wouldn't you be able to something similar?

keep asking, one day when im drunk i will do it

that does not change the spoken language

Is Danish the equivalent of an entire nation mumbling, if I understand correctly? It would be like if an entire country spoke English like this: "'Suh' 'm 'ill um 'ilkshuh, huh dy? Guh? 'l'rih' 'en la, l' ge sar'ed, n 'ag 'e shee'"

>Replicating anything Sweden does

Perhaps it is Swedes that speak strangely and Danes that do not

I could only understand the first and last word of that.

While it is a bit bad for foreginers it is mostly exagerated tbqh.

Don't kid yourself, modern Norwegian is pretty much just a Danish dialect at this point. Yeah you don't use gutteral r's or soft d's, but that's pretty much it.

Because Swedes and Norwegians used to call themselves Danes until the 13th century and the endonym for Old Norse was the Danish language?

But Åland is much bigger and probably better otherwise too

We understand Norwegians perfectly fine though. It's your language that's a clusterfuck. Not theirs.

Did you change hufvud to huvud back then?

Yes! spot on! This is the best way i have seen it described for everyone not nordic

This is very factually incorrect.

Except Danish notes used to say "Femti Kroner" not "Halvtreds Kroner". They would get used to it sooner or later.

If it's beneficial, why not?

This is wrong. Danes are completely unintelligible.

Mhm. Tell me more about my language please.

Yeah. Words ending with dt turned to t/tt. F, fv och hv became v in cases where they ended with a v-sound. So hufvud - huvud and godt - gott.

We're already using "Fimti krónur", so I doubt they would return to that

That's because you also don't use gutteral r's or soft d's. It doesn't change the fact that there's barely any difference between Danish and Norwegian. Modern Norwegian is pretty much just götudanskt.

I don't know why you actually think that. I can't understand anything when Danish people speak. I can however understand Swedish, even a bit Icelandic.

Well if language is an indication the Dutch are Nordic too (we aren't), as I can mostly understand Swedish, they even use the same words sometimes.

"What's up, I'm Bill from Wilkshire, how do you? Good? Alright then lad, let's get started, and shag the sheep" but slurred together and mumbled like someone possibly drunk or who just doesn't care anymore

>be me wants to learn danish
>Buy a book in danish and start reading it
>OLD DANISH

fuck me lads ;(

>fix your language
>is replacing his own with arabic and turkish

Just Duolingo it bro.
I'm sure there are plenty of danish material on the internet to read tbqh.

What made you interested in danish anyway famalan?

If I accidentally said a Danish world I would have to seppukku

I = You
To = Two
Seppukku now please.

Yes. 'hv', 'fv' and 'f', where it made a v-sound, became 'v' (hvad -> vad, äfventyr -> äventyr) and 'dt', where it had a long t-sound, became 'tt' (godt -> gott) and those with a short t-sound became 't' (wildt -> vilt).

About a decade earlier 'q', where it made a k-sound, became 'k' (qvinna -> kvinna) and a lot of words had 'e' that used the ä-sound replaced with 'ä' (jern -> järn, stjerna -> stjärna).

It's true.
It takes longer for Danish children to learn to speak than other children.

More like English, but whatever makes you feel better about your potato language.

I don't pronounce those the retarded way you would

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.

>The 12th-century Icelandic Gray Goose Laws state that Swedes, Norwegians, Icelanders and Danes spoke the same language, dǫnsk tunga ("Danish tongue"; speakers of Old East Norse would have said dansk tunga).
>mfw "Swede" and "Norwegian" is as much an ethnicity as "American" or "Croat"

No wonder you Swedes are so multikulti when you're just rebellious Danish colonists who had their own little Boston Tea Party in the 1520s

I got other books :3 But I was enjoying Dr.Nikolas tb2h.

I can swedish and know some norwegian.
Is it possible to pronounce a rather 'fine' danish?

Have you ever read Sven Hassel? I want to buy his books.

We consciously changed our language to be less like D*nish though.

Iceland was founded by Norwegian settlers in the 9th century right after Norway had unified. Denmark was not founded until the 10th. Sweden 11th. If anything we're speaking Norwegian, but that'd be a silly assumption as our language has radically changed independently from one another through the years.

>OLD DANISH
That doesn't tell much. Post example of this "old Danish".

>In a 1948 reform, the Danish language abandoned the capitalization of common nouns (originally a German-inspired rule) to align with the other Scandinavian languages. At the same time, the digraph Aa/aa was abandoned in favor of the Swedish letter Å/å

>Denmark was not founded until the 10th
What the fuck are you talking about? Denmark existed as a unified entity in the 8th century if Saxo Grammaticus is to be believed, and archeological evidence suggests unification probably dates even further back. Is this Swedish education?

>being this obsessed

'Jeg var gaaet et temmelig langte Stykke og havde saa taget en Jinrickshaw , mere af Forfængelighed , end fordi jeg havde Raad til det. For at sige Sandheden , og den kommer jo dog en Gang frem , hvor meget jeg saa prover på at hindre det , jeg holdt Skinnet ved lige , og skont jeg laa tilbagelænet i mit Koretoj og rog min Cherut med fyrstelig Mine , var jeg mig dog pinlig bevidst ,at når jeg skulde betale den Koretur , saa vilde min Kasse overleve Slaget'

>tfw I understand this

They only called it donsk tunga at the time because denmark had the most well known empire at the time, when nordic people all spoke a very similar language.

This is a heavy read, looks like it's about a hundred years old.

Change the grammar and spelling a tiny bit and replace "aa" with "å", and it's basically modern Danish

Danish is the best nordic language

nedermark when?

when your pork scientists make pigs fly

I'm so ashamed of our language. You are so right, modern Norwegian is literally just götudanskt.

Soon, brother

Might as well annex Malmö and name Copenhagen Al-Kubinhaghina while we are at it.

Why is Danish considered a language when it's completely unintelligible even to Danes?

Sounds like something from the 20's, so not too bad.

>This is a heavy read
I see you haven't read H.C. Andersen or Holberg in original form.

I've read very little Danish literature.

I enjoyed tb2h , so nice ;(

T.Ahmed

I agree with you

What about the grammar?

Do you read old books in its original form?

You should be ashamed desu

ignore them

youtube.com/watch?v=wX45Td-HEcI

danish is a beautiful language

>You should be ashamed
Why? I'm not Danish :^)

Nvm

t. Per-Göran

>be swede
>hear dane talking
>it's like VLÄ BLÖ BLÄ VVLRGVRÄsdgkgolrjgmo
It's true

can this proxy swede stop making threads?

He's not a proxy Swede, just Cai-Göran posting from his inbred Ostrobothnian village.

I feel nauseous

>Implying Otteoghalvtreds doesn't make perfect sense