Rolling Stones created some of the most iconic music

>Rolling Stones created some of the most iconic music
>no one ever put their albums in their grids, no one ever said they're their favourite band
Why? Are they simply too popular to be loved by people?

Sup Forums is so afraid of being caught liking dadrock that they won't even acknowledge the good kind.

The Rolling Stones made some of the greatest rock albums ever. Exile and Beggars being the highlights of their career in my opinion.
But nowadays they're washed out and old and people who don't even like or care about music pretend to like them.
They're not "cool" and have not been for a long time. Keep in my mind that Sup Forums uses music as an accesory

The Stones don't really have any bad songs all the way through Start Me Up. Even the filler tracks usually manage to be interesting. Everything after that..pffffffffffffff...it doesn't even feel like the same band anymore.

Cause everything been's said about them already

>why aren't there any new long-form articles about django reinhardt?

>/my favourite band/ created some of the most iconic music
>no one ever put their albums in their grids, no one ever said they're their favourite band
Why? Are they simply too popular to be loved by people?

They would be regarded as the GOAT ever rock band if they didn't go on a never-ending tour and become a bunch of old skeletons who need to go away.

Same reason people don't say 'Citizen Kane is my favorite movie.'

They're lame

Stones are my most played on last.fm famanon, i love em

I love Fingerprint File.

>They're not "cool" and have not been for a long time

Realistically, not since the 80s.

Voodoo Lounge is good imo, but I agree that the rest after Start Me Up is meh, excluding few -rare- songs

Considering that any number of their contemporaries like Paul McCartney, Rush, and Black Sabbath have never stopped being cool, the Stones clearly did something wrong.

Paul McCartney was never cool, and Ozzy is fucking pathetic

I tell you this. He's sure not cool for his solo career. :^)

Go to bed, Christgau.

Maximum kek

I agree OP. Rolling stones is one of my favorite bands but everyone here is too obsessed with Brian Wilson and meme rap to care. Besides, folks around here don't take kindly to the blues. Fuck em, who cares if a bunch of 17 year old edgelords don't like good music

All of those guys still put some level of energy and passion into their performances while the Stones quit caring about anything but a paycheck 25 years ago.

I don't think they do it for the paycheck. I mean they must be fucking millionares by now. I guess they just can't give up on it, maybe it's that unique feeling one must feel when you have a full stadium cheering you

Mick is the greediest honorary Jew alive. Trust me, there's no such thing as enough money for him.

Also Paul, Rush, and Sabbath have put out relevant material more recently than the 1980s.

If you count one shitty collab with Kanye "relevancy".

Paul's last album really was pretty decent, probably the strongest he's written in years.

This

Maybe working with a young, current guy like Kanye rejuvenated him. Who knows?

The Stones aren't that clueless about today's music though; they're always doing collabs with people like Lady Gaga and Grace Potter, but they clearly have no interest in bothering with new studio material. Probably because they really don't like each other anymore and only perform for the money.