Okay, so I know Radiohead is kind of meme status right now, but what do you guys think of

Okay, so I know Radiohead is kind of meme status right now, but what do you guys think of
The Bends? This album has been with me through some fucking insane times, and I can't tell if it's my personal GOAT.

What are your opinions on it?

its got its moments but a lot of its cringe worth pop garbage. Fake Plastic Trees, ooofff the title alone is douche chill inducing. At least Thom completely disowned it, so he gets a little credit for that.

they were literally more "meme status" then compared to now

>meme status
Kill yourself

No one would remember or care about this album if it wasn't Radiohead.

Fantastic album, my favorite of theirs. The pop songs aren't cringe at all and contribute well to the overall atmosphere, and it's a great filter for overly pretentious sycophants within their fanbase

u wot m8? I thought it pretty much defined the sound of a lot of post-Britpop guitar music in the UK. Granted that's not the best legacy, but it's hardly completely forgettable.

The Bends is as bad as any other album by Radiohead.

idk about how good it is but for some reason that cover art brings back so much memories

unfairly overshadowed by OKC. it's a companion piece to it like Kid A and Amnesiac

What the fuck are you talking about? Literally no one cared about Radiohead until this album came out. They were one hit wonders, and then they released this and people started taking them seriously.

>meme status

disinfo, kill yourself you cuck

100% newfag

You mean no would would remember or care about Radiohead if it wasn't for this album

I like Nice Dream and Fake Plastic Trees, Bullet Proof... I wish I Was,

Excellent fucking album, in my top 5 ever. Even the b-sides are far better than most bands can ever hope to make. I also have a deep personal connection to this CD, and that may affect my opinion of it, whatever.

why are people so damn spergy about this album, it's alright but just nothing compared to their later stuff. planet telex and street spirit are all you need to bother with

one of Radiohead's masterpieces, 10/10

Love the title track and Black star

People paid attention to Radiohed BECAUSE of this album, how can you take a band seriously if their only album is Pablo Honey?

It's great, but it's unlistenable past a thousand plays or so. Thom was becoming a brave writer. My Iron Lung is probably the best song on the album, unless you're a sadsack, in which case it's Street Spirit.

BABY'S GOT THE BENDS
I DON'T GOT ANY
ENDZ

I just found out that AMSP topped the charts which TKOL didn't do
good for them

>great songs
Just
My Iron Lung
The Bends
Black Star
Street Spirit
>good songs
Planet Telex
Fake Plastic Trees
Bullet proof
>ok songs
High and Dry
>shit songs
Bones
(Nice Dream)
Sulk

When did he disown it?

>High and Dry not in shit tier
Switch ok tier and shit tier and I'll agree with ya

Ah kids these days... What the fuck meme status even means? What other bands/artists have "meme status"?

i have a soft spot for it t b h, kinda bored with it by now and it's one of their least interesting songs so I put on ok tier, but it's a nice track, idk at least for me it is. I'll take it over Bones, Nice Dream, or Sulk any day, but not the rest of the album

All bands that are frequently discussed on Sup Forums

It's 10/10, until I remember shrug and bones.
Not bad songs but not as good as the rest. 9/10

I don't feel like it has the same musical clout as some of their other stuff, but nevertheless it's good and I think it's the start of them 'getting good' chronologically.
There's some great songwriting and I find with albums I really get into and love they find a special place in my heart and bring me back to the time I got into them, this has managed that.
Who cares what Thom says? It doesn't matter.

Arguably their best album. In my top 3 of theirs for sure.