The current state of Linux

When will Linus get his shit together and fix it? Is this the power of open source? Leaving OS essentials behind like that? At this point Linux is a joke.

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtk3-patched-filechooser-icon-view/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's gtk

>He needs an file picker

Devs already confirmed that thumbnails will be added in the year 2022.

Stop using DEs and WMs that aren't KDE, and stop using distributions that aren't OpenSUSE.

The most important rule of Open Source Software is that anything associated with GIMP is complete garbage to a level that seems almost impossbile. So GIMP and GTK (Gimp Tool Kit) are obviously going to be shit.

aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtk3-patched-filechooser-icon-view/

One of the nicest things about Windows is that you can upload directly from a third party link using explorer. I just go find the url of an image, past it in the file name, hit open, and it uploads the image. No need for a temp folder or anything like that.

>KDE
>Baloo
>Akanodi

KYS

>GNOME
>Uses loads of resources
>No features maymay

works for me.

This isn't Gnome, you can actually disable things you don't like, like Akonadi.

Linux is a kernel, used in systems such as Android and GNU (in thus combination also known as GNU/Linux). Linus is the developer of the kernel called Linux. There is no OS called Linux which includes a GTK filepicker. Linus never developed such an OS and he woun't fix the GTK filepicker - which is a completely different project, not under his control.

tl;dr the state of Linux is fine

Better use a window manager then, less memory and as useless as KDE w/o services enabled

kute kitty

Linux will always be a joke. It's all server gunk and 0 gaming and desktop consideration.

Not enough space between icons desu

Imagine the euphoria when they finally implement this.

when they finally implement it haters will pass to he next thing.

Will linux file manager/picker ever even HOPE to compete with explorer.exe?

gtkfilechooser is fucking terrible. How can i change file picker if there's no alternative? Why there's nothing else?

But there is

And when GIMP stops sucking then maybe people will stop mocking it, but we've waited for a long time.

I don't understand how distros prioritize file pickers, especially ones that don't come with any DE (Arch comes to mind).

A beautiful daydream. Thanks.

Things only improve when there's corporate backing, I don't think anyone uses GIMP professionally.

Enlighten me, please. I also wish to have this feature:

Arch just uses the default upstream configuration.

kdialog --help

Does the KDE project have corporate backing? Krita's a pretty good drawing tool and I like Calligra Sheets.

Friendly reminder:
Windows 10 LTSB is free. Yes, it's free and you can download it right from Microsoft's official site.
Just search for "evalcenter", for example.

You could just use Google.

> "professionally"

>quotation mark inside meme arrow
how old are you?

Botnet

>calling greentext "meme arrow"
You need to go back.

Column view the best.

you're still doing it, answer the question

does linux has one file picker?