How the fuck does Rolling Stone top 500 albums list not have a single King Crimson or Yes album...

How the fuck does Rolling Stone top 500 albums list not have a single King Crimson or Yes album? I had a better opinion about them.

The 2003 edition of the Rolling Stone top 500 albums is actually alright, the 2012 edition though, holy fucking shit

It still doesn't have neither bands. I mean, at least they could put them somewhere.

I mean, did you expect the list to be actually good?

Well, even pitchfork didn't put a single Yes album in the 1970s list kek

Well, I thought they wouldn't miss GOAT dadrock. But nope, despite they found place for LL Cool J there.

Yep. Well, at least they put Red, Discipline and 20th Century Schizoid Man in their respective lists

I feel like Yes is pretty underrated by both hipsters and dadrockers now

Jesus christ, what a terrible list. Red at 74? Really?

progressive rock is not thought highly of by professional music critics, generally. you can see how pitchfork don't fuck with any modern prog whatsoever, if they had been around in the 70's you can guarantee they would have slapped close to the edge with a 1.9 or something.

They actually gave the reissue of CTTE 9.0. But their reissue ratings are ambiguous.

they'll fucking give any reissue a 9, pitchfork is a joke

I though the list was good.

> 4 Beatles and 2 Bob Dylan albums in the top 10
> Nirvana in the top 20

They put Tha Carter III and several "Best Of" albums in the list. It's pretty cringe desu.

>Rolling Stone
I didn't even know people took this magazine seriously.

they don't
pitchfork is already the new rolling stone in the worst way possible

fantano will be scaruffi in 30 years

>fantano will be scaruffi in 30 years
fuck

I hope I'll get into classical and jazz by then.
But seriously, he'll be Christgau at best. He can't be Scaruffi because his taste is way too normal.

I assumed they could at least recommend some good dadrock. That was until I realized they don't have Deep Purple (!) and Rush on the list.

He won't. Scaruffi has a mind of an academic. Fantano has a mind of a high school nerd

that whole list was a steaming pile of shit

they shoulda called it "the 500 worst dad albums"

> TFW no Deep Purple
> TFW no Phil Collins
> TFW no Rush
The dad inside of me disapproves this heavily

Except for American Football strangely enough. They gave it an 8.9

Rolling Stone has never been good, just infamous enough that people talk about them. Why do you think their current reviews of albums never ever match the album?

>He can't be Scaruffi because his taste is way too normal.
I think he's less harsh than Scuffles overall, but he likes most stuff that Scruffles likes. With exception to Trout Mask Replica, He likes Faust, Soft Machine/Robert Wyatt, VU, etc

yikes