KAI OS = FIREFOX OS

>KaiOS is a Linux-based mobile operating system that "merges the power of a smartphone with the affordability of a feature phone".

>It is forked from B2G (Boot to Gecko), an open source community-driven successor of Firefox OS which was discontinued by Mozilla in 2016.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KaiOS

Other urls found in this thread:

omprussia.ru/
together.jolla.com/question/172654/what-are-the-differences-between-sailfish-os-and-sailfish-os-rus/
rostelecom.ru/en/ir/news/d443013/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based )))Nokia(((

>proprietary

>"but can i rice it?"
t. /gee/

NO IT'S NOT

KaiOS supports powerful features like 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi, NFC, and QWERTY keyboards. It is based on open-standard HTML5 and allows CSS and Javascript. In fact, KaiOS is so light that it can run on phones with only 256MB of memory.

there's absolutely no reason for instashit and snapshit to take up 4GB of RAM like it's a fucking AAA game

about time we got a decent mobile os

This can be a good alternative for smart watches

anyone know if the 8110 is going to get an american release?

>written in HTML5

>>written in HTML5

>featherweight OS
>HTML5

whats wrong with html5?

It means it's bloated as fuck and an absolute retard started the project. No sane person would create a mobile OS using an HTML parser, especially one that's claiming to be "light-weight".

Believe it or not, HTML and Javascript (Obviously also used in this project) have a lot of headway behind them!

Isn't that ubuntu mobile OS pretty decent?

RING RING RING RING RING RING RING

Wait. Didn't Firefox OS fail because HTML and JS tried to be used on low-resource devices?
Well, it's never bad to try the same thing again.
...and again
...and again

am i retarded or wont html5 and js be more lightweight than running every fucking app in java?

you are retarded

Firefox OS failed because it had no apps or devices.
The fx0 I used for a few years was was less laggy than any Android device I tried at the time. Had to flash a Japanese build of Firefox OS or some shit though, and couldn't get LTE to work.

BANANA PHONE

>Sailfish
>Ubuntu
>Kai OS
>PostMarket OS

Are there any others emerging now?

Isn't sailfish dead ?

No, it failed because the devices sold very poorly in South America. And they sold poorly because they didn't have WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger available.

FFOS devices were actually pretty cool for the price, although all of them had dogshit for cameras.

Both FirefoxOS and Ubuntu Touch died thanks to closed standards and proprietary software.

Soy breathers buy the latest flagship of Samsung or Google.

No, its still chugging along actually.

well good for them, I almost bought the first Jolla

No. They're just not going to release new smartphones. The OS is still in development, and they support all high-end Sony phones.
They also announced recently that they're going to release feature phones, not unlike the Nokia 8110.

>js is lightweight
>java is worse than js
hmmmm

I bought one for my dad, who doesn't give a shit about brands or most smartphone features. It most definitely had whatsapp support.

>written in HTML5

It didn't. There were a couple of unofficial WhatsApp client, but Facebook killed them after a couple of months.
Mozilla and Telefónica were trying to cut a deal with Facebook so it would release official clients for WhatsApp and Messenger, but Facebook didn't agree.

I have an old android device (4.4) that has 512mb RAM and after I rooted and debloated it, it runs really well. Having your mobile OS run on 256MB RAM isn't that big on an achievement

Why not Sailfish? Jolla showed Sailfish OS running on Nokia feature phones.

20+ comments and you don’t understand that people are trolling.? In what planet html5 can be heavy?

most likely is. the 3310 did. it only works on ATT and TMobile networks

I think it would be real cool if they made the keyboard cover like a trackpad that you could use to navigate the phone, l'd be pretty into that

Does it supports progressive web app?
That would be fill it's software problem as Google, Firefox and Microsoft are pushing for this.
At least give us unlockable bootloader

Sailfish was shown for the first time now. This is older.

I hope they do. It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but I'll take it.

I believe it mainly (or only) supports PWAs

This phone is a racist.

looks gay

and a bananphone because muh nostalgia. What makes you think that they just stop buying new stuff JUST BECAUSE THEY DON"T NEED IT. They don't buy to fulfill their needs. Buying is their need.

i really want a nokia qwerty phone with

>WiFi
>WhatsApp support
>Facebook and Facebook messenger support

I don't think that exists currently..

>HTML
>CSS

Is this the ultimate rice phone?
I hope it sells in South America, Id love to own one.

>powerful features
>QWERTY keyboard
>HTML
>CSS
>JavaScript

>spyware
>decent

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

MULTIPLE LINUX OSES AVAILABLE YET FAGGOT STILL CHOOSE TO USE ANDROID

THAT'S NOT SAILFISH, THAT'S A RUSSIAN FORK OF SAILFISH CALLED "Sailfish Mobile OS RUS"

>Sailfish Mobile OS Rus- is a modification of OS developed by omprussia.ru/ in collaboration with Jolla, only for B2B.
>Sailfish Mobile OS RUS do not support Android apps

together.jolla.com/question/172654/what-are-the-differences-between-sailfish-os-and-sailfish-os-rus/

rostelecom.ru/en/ir/news/d443013/

>not writing your libraries in CSS and your executables in CoffeScript

Soyfuccbois are also hipsters, the target crowd for those Nokia phones

but, will it run my flac audio files?

Yes

why don't we make our own mobile phone os?

I'll make the logo

How the fuck am I supposed to text on this shit with that dumb cover hanging out

Dank laddy.