Post war memorials from your country

post war memorials from your country

here is Redipuglia, there are 100.000 soldiers remains of WWI

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany
m.spiegel.de/international/germany/a-1021298.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

commie memorial in budapest, hated by virtually everyone, but it has to stay because else the russians would get mad

>because else the russians would get mad
just do it
we did it and they got butthurt as fuck lmoa

so to balance things out, the current government erected another memorial on the opposite end of the same square, this one dedicated to the victims of Nazi occupation

ironically, it's hated by both the jews and the liberals, because they think this way the right wing gov tries to blame everything commited against jews during WWII on the nazis, evidenced by the trash they've put up in front of it

marine corps memorial, more commonly known as the iwo jima statue

this is pretty ugly if you ask me

War related...

It's from the Paulista war of 32. Even the geometry of the obelisk (the sizes, the steps in the stairs, everything) has a symbolism related to the revolution.

yeah, it's ultra kitschy, I wish they'd just tow it down, along with the soviet one

trinity site?

El Alamein in Egypt, the monument area will become Italian soil

F

Yup.

We have basically the same in Berlin. We can't tear it don't because of the same reason + "Nazi"

When this thread still exists, i will post the two from my cunt tomorrow

Even your graves are memes

WW2 Memorial, Washington DC USA

Don't mean to be insensitive, but when was the last time Liechtenstein did something military-related?

this is on the top of mount Grappa.
All these kind of buildings were erected during fascism

What is this?

A stone you idiot.

why would germans demolish it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany

If you allow a German war memorial in Stalingrad and St. Petersburg. That would be fair.

There are three in Berlin.

Yes but one soviet when I remember correctly.

> If you allow a German war memorial
Did germans ask for it? :)

No, they're all soviet.

We didn't ask for yours tbqh.

Sure nazis didn't ask for it

there is a monument to the unknown soldier in it

the body was randomly choosed by a mother who lost her son between a line of caskets

this one is in Belarus lol

for the colonial war

Rather surprised its still around (considering all the butthurt it generates), Stone Mountain Confederate Memorial. Basically a massive carving in the side of a small mountain.

nice, strangely I never saw this one

I like the brutalist style of it

"Monument to the dead of the Second World War"
Carlos Gardel square, next to the Ibirapuera Gymnasium, in São Paulo

Seeing as no Russians are posting I'll take their post.

One of the many eternal flames in Russia, this one located in Samara.

For SS alpine jägers in Lapland.

There are three, and that's just part of the monument. Have you faggots never been in your own capital?

Nazis don't deserve their own memorial.

For detachment Kuhlmey in Immola.

Egyptian memorial to 1973 war.
Tanks are M48.

build 1864–1873 with captured cannons. i love it

They helped us against the Ruskie genociders.

this is a close up of OP pic.
the word presente is repeated for each soldier buried.

Commies don't deserve their own memorial.

>berlin
>ever going

did you recognize the little detail in the last column?
>IHRE EHRE HIESS TREUE
The "I" in "HIESS" is the upside-down Tiwaz rune

Not before you mentioned it.

What's the difference to ruskie memorials in Europe? Ruskies were backed by USA? Because that is the only difference between ruskies and nazis.

view from the top

I never noticed the cannons

Monument Votivo Militare Brasiliano
in Pistoia, Italy
for the dead Brazilian soldiers of the WWII

they are actually the reason the frensh wanted to destroy it after ww2

inside

That is incredible.

almost forgot about this gem

why lol?
This is the best of all in this thread and I am not kidding

The Korean War memorial is my favorite.

you should know that the American troops committed just a little less rape crimes per soldier as the Russians.
The French and Brits called the US Army "Rape Army"

saw that in November
my gf says Italians hate it?

>The French and Brits called the US Army "Rape Army"

some people dislike it because it looks like a wedding cake, I personally like it

look like the stuff in Brazilia

This abomination from my city

>you should know that the American troops committed just a little less rape crimes per soldier as the Russians.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany

2 million (100,000 in Berlin alone) versus 11,000

>A little less

"German" arithmetic

Originally there was a memorial for the austro-hungarian army but the russkis blew it up and placed their own here.

Every few years people try to tear it down or throw paint at it, but we have to clean and repair it because the russkis get hyper mad and we had to sign a treaty that we will care for it for all eternity after WW2.

In retaliation we have buildt a Stalin memorial which gets the russkis mad, they ask us to remove it since the 1960s kek

inside

I always feel bad about Korean War vets. We make a huge deal about WW2 and Vietnam and essentially forget about them.

looks like a bait, I know.

But according to Dr. Miriam Gebhardt (2015) about 500 000 rapes were committed by Red Army soldiers.
US Army soldiers committed about 190 000 rapes

The article hasn't been updated yet

Beautiful in a sad way. WTF is the monstrosity to the right?

you cant escape it anywhere

It's...very unique
Though I'm not sure what it is supposed to be

Come on, this one is actually useful

nevermind, ignore that, i just saw that OP asks for WAR memorials, i dun goofd

i guess this gommie shit in my city counts that

since the old church now is some kind of museum they build a second church nearby to replace it
>modern architecture

it looks like they had a surplus of concrete to dispose

Most people don't know about the Korean War, outside of M*A*S*H. Even then, most people think it's set in Vietnam

kek bydlos

Pic related is the best memorial (in this case for Gulag victims) in the whole world.
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Fear
Certain death

>mfw people go to church to worship Neo from the Matrix

i fucked up, its not a war memorial, it was created on the 1300th year of the creaton of Bulgaria (its literally named "Creators of the Bulgarian state", kek)

NO one fucking knows whats even supposed to be, at least that giant shit on the outside, i guess its supposed to be a lion since thats our national animal, but it looks like it has a fucking beak, lmao

inside its bretty good tho, it has statues and painting depicting important moments of our history, etc

That's because it was a police action. This is very different than war.

10/would visit
Bulgaria has a lot of interesting commie architecture 2bh

>Dr. Miriam Gebhardt (2015)
Great fucking source her mathematical analysis ist wunderbar.

m.spiegel.de/international/germany/a-1021298.html

" Still, all of the reports compiled by the Catholic Church in Bavaria only add up to a few hundred cases. Furthermore, the clergymen often praised the "very correct and respectable" behavior of the US troops. Their reports make it seem as though sexual abuse committed by the Americans was more the exception than the rule.

How, then, did the historian arrive at her shocking figure of 190,000 rapes?"

I live within 5km of one of the largest execution grounds in Moscow, think there's like 20k identified corpses buried there

I hope for you that you don't have a garden...

The total is not the result of deep research in archives across the country. Rather, it is an extrapolation. Gebhardt makes the assumption that 5 percent of the "war children" born to unmarried women in West Germany and West Berlin by the mid-1950s were the product of rape. That makes for a total of 1,900 children of American fathers. Gebhardt further assumes that on average, there are 100 incidents of rape for each birth. The result she arrives at is thus 190,000 victims.

Such a total, though, hardly seems plausible. Were the number really that high, it is almost certain that there would be more reports on rape in the files of hospitals or health authorities, or that there would be more eyewitness reports. Gebhardt is unable to present such evidence in sufficient quantity.