What programming language do they use on the Enterprise?

What programming language do they use on the Enterprise?

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Library_Computer_Access_and_Retrieval_System
reocities.com/connorbd/varaq/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Common Lisp

Natural language, which is JIT compiled into an intermediate functional language similar to F#

ES99

VHDL

Data.

javascript

Russian

How the hell did you generate the filename to be the resolution of the actual image that it names?

.NET platform + SQL

Lwaxana++

/thread

>/threading your own post

Why not Scheme?

Nice samefagging, samefag.

>Computer, run program [my name] One.
Why do they never have more than one program?

Fucking samefags this board needs IDs

>write a single perfect program that can do everything
spoiler: every user's [my name] one program is just emacs with a different init file

Only the virgin lieutenant Barclay actually spends time programming

Quil

the quality of Sup Forums. fucking samefags

samefagging THIS harder
show your flag, asshole

fuck off samefag

I don't know what the lore is, but it seems to me that all they would have to do is define parameters and let the main computer do the actual programming.

Honestly, the systems would probably be low level like C, and you would interface with an interpreted language if you ever had to do any actual coding.

Just talking out of my ass though. Feel free to tell me what a fucking moron I am.

lol, what a nerd.

FORTRAN

>C
>Low level
The absolute state of Sup Forums

More importantly: what Linux distro does the main computer run?

Well I could have said assembly, but who the fuck wants to do that?

Probably another computer would build the ship OS anyways, so what the fuck why not assembly then.

>low level like C
C is in no way low level.

>fails or malfunctions every time someone farts near it
Arch

/thread

Nice tits

assembly is not low level either

the world is not made of x86/risc instructions

powershell

Well I did say I was talking out of my ass didn't I?

As far as conjecture goes, how do you think programming would be done in the Star Trek universe?

They have AI that far exceed human level intelligence. Why would humans even be involved in programming anything?

Are you pretending to be retarded? Binary/hex/assembly/anything that translates 1:1 to the underlying machine code are all low level by definition. Everything else is high level. This isn't up for debate, this is how the terms "low level" and "high level" are defined in programming. This isn't a complex concept, C is obviously high level as it's abstracted enough that you can compile the same C program to run on any architecture - it's clearly high level.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Library_Computer_Access_and_Retrieval_System

Python2.7

He's talking about coding in neutrinos

Probably python

C##

its Q

Spark/Ada

AutoLISP the MATLAB of integrated languages.

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

kek

This poster is correct. Also, they're using duotronics quantum computers, which aren't programmed in the same way von neuman computers are.

They use x86 in Elysium

The computers in Star Trek are based on 60s/70s technology and also what Roddenberry thought computers were like. You'll notice that they talk quite a bit about linear computation times in TOS/TNG, and even in mid TNG/later it's all bespoke hardware that accomplishes a single task when you really want to do something (and has to be repaired/replaced via hardware manipulation). It's all setup like a mission critical rigging a la NASA, because it is.

The hardline stuff is probably done with some language that can express math very cleanly and functionally pure. However, it seems like they have an interface for the layman to create functions/complex programs with, which is something like an interface with a bunch of high level abstractions that interpret various kinds of input (checked against a massive training data set). Wouldn't even know how to approach how they use a quantum coprocessor or something to sort through that training shit.

Obligatory reference to that time someone made a Klingon programming language for fun:

reocities.com/connorbd/varaq/index.html

The federation itself doesn't have AI that even rivals human intelligence, much less exceeds it. Data/Lore are from outside of the Federation and even they are fairly limited in terms of how they can express themselves. In fact, I don't think they've shown a true example of an AI that would be equivalent to some sort of super intelligence since TOS. The ship computers are very much reliant on fuzzy logic and string/snippet matches and tagging/slotting/whatever for cross referencing from what we've seen in canon.

Swift

Rust

>What programming language do they use on the Enterprise?
It is common knowledge amongst trekkies that the programming language is called BUMHOLE
Better Unified Mainframe Holographic Ordination Language (Elevated)

>le call out samefag so im not a samefag maymay
Kill yourself

Starfleet runs Windows. This was confirmed in STD.

>trekkies
INTERLOPERS GET OUT REEEEEEE.

t. trekker.

Enterprise-C#

Checked
VERY nice

x86 assembly

The best language there is of course, Java.

Haskell

stop being an idiot

Scratch 2

C is a high-level language you mong it's just "low" for a high-level language

stop being a trolled newfag

It's quite obvious only Java could handle that beast.

Poo inLoo = new Poo(Poo curry);

not valid java

I fwubbed

We found out this past season that C++ is still being used in the 2250's.

Also Stuxnet and the Windows API...

Lcars, samefag this you sand niggers

I don't see people coding in the future with a keyboard. Everything is going to be voice recognition and explaining to the computer what you want down. The computer itself will optimize the code.

1. LCARS is the GUI, not what it's programmed in.
2. There's no need to quote this many posts like a huge flaming faggot.

Yes. Everything you tell it to do, it translates into machine code and does. And as people tell it more and more dumb things like "computer, redirect all power from the indicator lights to the warp drive", the dumber the AI will become.

You wish triple nigger, it's Verilog. Verilog is best HDL.

The Enterprise D uses Ada2295.

Flash :^)

Qbasic

>dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/sda (super awesome Linux command)
Have you tried this? It reads an EOF and stops immediately after 0 bytes.

I haven't, theoretically it should partly wipe the primary disk of a user, they might've put in some safeguards though.

Yava.

>/dev/null

I think you mean /dev/zero

Honestly probably COBOL

if should be /dev/zero retard

Oh, I didn't know that, kek. Thanks for clarifying, retard.