Why do you guys hate iPads so much? They are comfy to watch movies or browse Sup Forums from your bed

Why do you guys hate iPads so much? They are comfy to watch movies or browse Sup Forums from your bed.
What's the general consensus about the iPad 2018? Worth upgrading if I already got an iPad Air 2 or not really?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/PtGv4iC-jRbex3Xw592fAw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/I've used android and windows since 2010/
pcpartpicker.com/guide/vHD48d/great-intel-gaming-build
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/a 27" 5k iMac costs $1799/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're not bad but they're not really the best at anything.

Is that Alessandro Borghese?

>Why do you guys hate iPads so much?
it's Apple product and it's tablet

Sam Hyde
Is there any Sup Forums approved tablet?
I agree with that, tablets are made for consuming content

>they're comfy
Go play in traffic, retard.

>Why do you guys hate iPads so much? >They are comfy to watch movies >browse Sup Forums from your bed.
Thats pretty much what people use tablets for. Now why hate for ipad? Because it does piss poor job on these two of it main features.
First, the movies, ipad has a led screen, its also 4:3, most video content is 16:9 so you will have black borders, dont forget its led so even in dark room they will be visible. Compare all this to galaxy tab s with oled screen, samsung went full retard and changed aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3, its a shitty move but its oled, watch 16:9 content and you screen space not used by the image is just off, there is no backlight and no visible iliuminated black borders.

For tasks like web browsing and everything else android and its ability to actually have usable filesystem/filemanager, ability to install third party apps, extended storage is 100x better than locked down ios

Is there any good 16:9 tablet?

Heard you was talking shit

Disgusting

Because they are criminally overpriced. I got my Nexus 10 for $100

>They are comfy to watch movies or browse Sup Forums from your bed.

>having to hold it constantly
>comfy

I use a big TV and a wireless keyboard and mouse.

At the moment, no. There are many tablets that have good specs but all of them have lcd screens. On a tablet thats made for video, lcd is simply not acceptible anymore. There is a rumour that samsung is about to release galaxy tab s4 which has amoled screen, unlike s2 and s3 its gonna be 16:9.
Wait for s4. If you are short on cash there is old tab s 10.5 from 2015, works well with h264 1080p movies (99% of releases) but doesnt have hevc hardware decoding, also cpu lacks in power, apps that use lots of memory will struggle (web browsers)

Google Pixel C
Thinkpad X220t

Thanks for the info. Will wait then, since one of the most annoying things about the air 2 is the shitty ram.

The only downside i see it is no webm playback

Rasputin?

Why do you need Sup Forums's approval to buy a fucking tablet? Just buy the one you think works best for you.

Friendly reminder to report this iToddler shill, he's been banned for an accumulated length of over 5+ years by the mods and still ban evades and comes back thinking he belongs here.

This. I really hate tablets and would have smashed mine by now if it weren't for the fact that mine has a keyboard attachment that turns it into a mini laptop.

I've used android and windows since 2010 and I've never even thought of getting an Apple product, it didn't seem logical to me; android devices have so many features at such a low price in comparison. However, yesterday I bought my first Apple product for the purpose of college work, media consumption and social media, and I am blown away at how premium it feels:

>Buttery smooth animations that just seamlessly blend together
>Clean, minimalist design
>Extremely optimised performance
This includes 3rd party apps - surprising how Googles apps seem to work snappier on iOS than on my android
>Unmatched screen display
The 120hz display is just god like

I still believe iOS is lacking in certain areas, especially customisation, and Apple have made some really idiotic decisions (removing the headphone jack on the device I use as a music player) However the feel and snappiness of an Apple product, especially with the iPad's 120hz screen is just unreal. Like wow. I'm praying that they don't remove the headphone jack on the next generation iPad, or if they do they actually replace it with a superior port, but either way I think i'm in love with Apple now.
I understand that this is sort of a shit post, I haven't used the iPad long enough to give my full in depth thoughts on it but it's still amazing never the less.

One other thing to note, before getting the iPad I spent at minimum [3 hours trying to get a premium, minimalist look for my android and it still doesn't match the cleanliness of iOS

Time for your curry break Rajeet.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/I've used android and windows since 2010/

get a life

Get a life.

This is your legacy you'll be bragging to your grandchildren about.

>apple shill telling other to get a life
oh my sides

The real question is does Apple have the balls to put a touchscreen on a macbook. This would probably destroy IPad sales completely. It's only matter of time before their competitors force their hand and they have to include touchscreens.

Forget about me tablets, get a real computer inb4:

>Mac is overpriced

a 27" 5k iMac costs $1799

lets say you wanted to instead build an equivalent PC:

A good 4k monitor will set you back $600 dollars, and you're still getting 4k instead of 5k (3840 x 2160 vs 5120 x 2880)

Using this build: ($1150)
pcpartpicker.com/guide/vHD48d/great-intel-gaming-build

And replacing the SSD with a 60$ HDD bumped up to $80 for the fusion, halving the RAM cost, and replacing the graphics card with the equivalent radeon pro 570, adding a 40$ network card brings us to $879 for a comparable computer.

Keyboard and mouse, $40 (assuming we're being pretty cheap).

Cable, 5$ (again assuming we're being pretty cheap.

Windows: free/pirated

Total: $1524

That's a difference of $275 dollars, but for that you're getting...

-5k resolution instead of 4k
-An all in one instead of tower + lots of cables
-MacOS + the ability to dual boot Windows or Linux, vs pirated windows and no Mac opportunity
-Warranty + support
-Computer already built for you, vs having to build it yourself
-Built in bluetooth and wifi support
-apple cloud and comfy syncing across your devices

When you consider all that, the Mac suddenly doesn't look so overpriced.

Curry break over already Rajeet?
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/a 27" 5k iMac costs $1799/

Exactly! A lot of people say they can't afford apple products.

Me? I can't afford NOT to buy apple products.

I work in finance and earn about $100 an hour. I work relatively long hours and for me, time is money.

I haven't got time to tinker around with Windows, Linux or Android. Wasting 2 hours updating is $200 dollars worth of my time. Tinkering around for a few hours with Pajeet ROMS on an android is hundreds of dollars of my time.

Apple gives me a premium product right outside of the box. I don't need to upload files from my phone or iPad to my iMac, because they do it automatically for me. I save several hours of my time over the lifetime of the devices and that adds up to thousands of dollars of savings when you consider the time saved.

Bought a 27" iMac 6 months ago. Never looked back.

it's like i've upgraded from regular computing to premium computing.

>premium
That's for true.

Tablets are shit as a general rule but many tablets are better than the iPad

Does windows belong on Sup Forums? People who buy windows are gamers, not tech enthusiasts.

People who are actually interested in technology buy Macs.

Because it used to be common knowledge that watching movies and television were bad for you.
Adults consuming as much fiction as they do these days should be more of a joke than it is, and I'm not just talking Rick & Morty/Adventure Time losers.

>he touches his display

Why do you keep replying to yourself Raj?

>People who are actually interested in technology

>buying fruity toddler toys for technology illiterate troglodytes

t. wagecuck who is too retarded to find an easy distro

>replying seriously to itoddler shill copy pasta

>his pic doesn't use a stylus

Poonix Pajeets can't stand people enjoying superior products so he tries to drown it out in a sea of indian shit and neck beard autism.

Fsg

>overpriced
>better suited for schools, education lol "musicians" and "artists" and businesses and enterprises and employers and work environments
>CIA/NSA/FBI/feds botnet and honey pot
>tightly locked down proprietary mobile operating system running on either a BSD or Linux kernel not a bad thing though since it's also running on UNIX or whatever all I know it's UNIX based too
>no custom ROMS because see above
>based on free open source/open projects YET it's still closed source and still locked down tighter than a nun's cooch
>no freedom
>bullshit file system
>being tied and weighed down to iTunes to sync and transfer your files and media (music/video/pdf/etc) content over to your device rather than simple cut and paste / copy and paste
>major lack of file managers and nearly all of the file managers on the app store are all proprietary and come with their price tags
>paying for fucking file managers
>EVER
>ESPECIALLY IN 2018
>iPhone SE are manufactured in fucking India aka Street Shitting Pajeet Land
>purposely deprecating the battery over time thus weighing down performance due to shitty updates on older units and models
>forcing it down your consumer's throat
>not even covering it on the warranty and being fucking dickheaded kikes toward their consumers by urging them to pay to replace their batteries instead of issuing them free replacements like they should be fucking doing under a warranty

The list is long as long as fuck and under plenty of good solid reasonable negatives about applel and their overpriced iCuck toys

I thought we talk about computers itt this thread

This.

>buttblasted fruitfag jannie actually trying to clean a literal shill thread
kek

>iPad
>computers
Pick one

This is all bullshit.

Anyone can look on eBay, find a 10.2 inch iPad Pro for less than 400 refurb. Since Apple products don't fail except for retards, I could buy one, attach a Bluetooth keyboard, and voila... It outmatches the Surface in performace (Sfc is still 1K used.)

I am going to buy an iPad Pro and install Gentoo on it, just to fuck with this forum. I will send regular updates on my progress.

>watching movies on a tiny ass screen

perfect opportunity to ruin your experience

Why do you need a dedicated tablet?

Only thing I could imagine doing on an ipad is watching netflix on a decent screen with OK battery life. If you actually have to do anything even remotely productive it is a much better idea to buy a chromebook and put a full linux distro on it.

Also last I checked doing any kind of media consumption involving codecs like flac/mkv etc is a fucking pain in the ass because apple likes you to use its shitty proprietary media codecs and you have to get apps through their babbysitter appstore.

>They are comfy to watch movies or browse Sup Forums from your bed.
Some $80 to 200 chink tablet can do this easily.

Hence you don't need to buy some $400-800 Apple toy.

Apple is gay.

Wow can't believe this thread is still up kek
No, I don't need your approval, I just assume you did research about it and know which one is the best

I don't want to burn my balls when I'm on my bed