Is there a corporate ZOG conspiracy against RSS as a technology?

Is there a corporate ZOG conspiracy against RSS as a technology?

Instead of browser vendors embracing it as a great feature (that it is), looking if there's any viable seperate news aggregator on the system, offering use of commercial services such as Feedly or even something basic as those Firefox Live Bookmarks things, it's being hidden into obscurity. Even in Firefox nowadays I have to look for a button in UI customization menu or install a separate extension to get a proper, barely noticeable, gray button that figures out there's one or more feeds in the page.

It seems that them Heebs want the cattle to use specific (((social media))) platforms and spam mail marketing (((newsletters))) as the main and only ways to aggregate content.

It's stupid that I basically have to set up a Tiny Tiny RSS or OwnCloud server to make this even viable / freedoms & privacy respecting way to use RSS for large amount of feeds. It used to be so casual in like 2007 to press bright pic related thingie in Opera's address bar. Or any other browser.

Nostalgic vid related:
youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE

I won't even mention Encrypted Media Extensions technology, domain registrar corporate control over freedom of expression etc. Many of the W3C board members and Tim Berners-Lee himself should hang from a lamp post by now. It's a ..conspiracy. Хyй.

Other urls found in this thread:

jsonfeed.org/
github.com/dloa
youtube.com/watch?v=So4n2ZBSMxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>It seems that them Heebs want the cattle to use specific (((social media))) platforms and spam mail marketing (((newsletters))) as the main and only ways to aggregate content.
well duh, the goal is always centralized control

News is controlled by the intelligence services

It controls your behaviour

Of course they want to control the news idiot

This is a good post but I'm gonna filter your tripcode because tripfagging is gay and stupid

The last sentence should probably give the idea for you that I'm aware of it, that's the whole point for discourse / hot opinions / shitposts. Thank's for coming by. Really.

Solutions? VPNs? Decentralized web platforms? Blockchain DNS? IPFS? Buzzwords? Making any of that shit reliable and actually usable for non-programmers? Anyone?

i hope atom and rss get replaced by something like
jsonfeed.org/
soon. xml is shit and needs to die

>It seems that them Heebs want the cattle to use specific (((social media))) platforms
How else would you stop fake news though?

RSS will be phased out soon. They want you to read the news strictly as it's presented in the maze of user driven and algorithmic sites.

Right now, you can organize your news by parent company by using RSS in a folder view. This scares semitics to death because it exposes their divisive media agenda. Trump is just another jewish media tool.

Bump. Give reddit upboats for globalist dystopian technological nightmare.

I asked the same fucking thing!

Fuck off back to Sup Forums

This is a mistranslation - Macron actually said that there was no single French culture, it's made up of distinct cultures. The culture of the north of france is to the culture of the south of france as the culture of the northerners in the UK is to the culture of the southerners, there's not just one "UK culture"

>rss

Is it 1999 again?

You tell me.

this

I just force anonymity and enable it temporarily when a trip code is necessary.

Disregard this; I suck cocks.

there is something to what op is saying if you get rid of the pol boogeyman.
there is an obvious push to centralize the web, but it seems we can't come to terms on who it is behind, pick whatever boogeyman you want, to me it doesn't actually matter since everyone gets stuck on that, and it makes it easier for us to get fragmented.

its been a while since I've seen that insult posted.

Pretty much. They want you to use facebook and twitter as news aggregators so they can manipulate what you see and target more ads towards you.

This is some wild shit, how did I miss (hint: was too busy sifting through avant-garde art and 'dank-maymay' fb pages / groups while smoking weed in uni dorm room to escape shallow millennial depression)...

Friendly reminder liferea can keep track of youtube channels, not just RSS.

WHY ARE THERE NO OPEN PROJECTS TO CREATE A DECENTRALIZED GOOGLE/YOUTUBE REPLACEMENT WITH NORMIE APP INTEGRATION?
REEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee

>DECENTRALIZED GOOGLE/YOUTUBE
github.com/dloa
youtube.com/watch?v=So4n2ZBSMxg

Because any time you try to create something like (insert popular product or service here) but without X, you're only going to attract the people who have a problem with X in the first place. "Normies" don't have a problem with Google. Most anons don't have a problem with Google. The only people who are going to use a service that is a "Google/YouTube replacement" are the turboautists that don't like the existing services.

this. main reasons I'm against adding atom feeds is having to bring in some fucking basic dom parser to correctly construct and serve these feeds.

>why are people not actively taking on petabytes of data and traffic when even google can't run youtube profitably.

ya, no thanks guy. in terms of a server/webapp itself, mediagoblin immediately comes to mind. searx I believe can self index.

Go back to /biz/

Blockchain isn't ready yet. Give it about 5 years when regulation truly sets in, then the platforms will actually be important and there will be less pajeets like you shitting things up.

Right now it's all about the coins and self fulfilling memery.

It's not just ads though, think about why and how Twitter arranges their trending section for example. Also that company lasted an awful long time without making any money. Really makes one think.

Fuck off google

Not OP, but if you don't care about this shit you shouldn't be on Sup Forums.
Go back to plebbit, you flaming faggot.

I didn't know about this one. How do you think it would handle about 600 feeds?

Youtube still serves RSS, probably mostly for compatibility with other commercial services, but you got to find a dumb little identificator thing in channel page's source code and combine with another shitty little URL to get to the feed. The software you mentioned probably software does that. I should write a generic FF extension (or Greasemonkey script at the very least) to do just that. But I don't think it will last another year, I don't believe it's too comforting for them for that to exist in the year of 2 0 1 8.

For Twatter it seems you either have to write some kind of a scraper thing (and probably get captcha-banned pretty quickly for making too many requests) or... get cattle-marked and on top of that have to enter a shitty little API code to use marginally a less tracking non-browser client. Just because I want to read some quick updates about indie vidya, software and from internet-fedora political scientists and memesters.

It's just business. RSS simply makes them less money.
Also, pretty much everything worth mentioning still has RSS feeds.
The only exception is Twitter, I guess, although you can use a 3rd party service to convert tweets to RSS. (I hate Twitter, but that's what some faggots use for announcements.)

How is this even related to Sup Forums, go get your mom to throw down her umbilical noose so you can climb right back user

There's a much simpler explanation: No one was using it so it's been deprioritized over the years. If normies don't make use of a feature it's considered niche. That's all that happened here.

Yeah, yeah, you're right, that's the boring and mostly true explanation.

Around the time RSS became a thing, OS vendors didn't bother to ship any software that could use it, Windows / Office Outlook didn't have it, the kool kids browser known as Firefox provided barebones bookmarks bar thing and the only somewhat easy to use browser that happened to implement it to it's fullest potential was Opera (

>600 feeds
Nigga, try over the thousands. You can refresh only particular feeds if your computer is slow.