What are the differences between Portuguese and Spanish culture?

What are the differences between Portuguese and Spanish culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mwu8vP-or5I
youtube.com/watch?v=Sd8ZzCoRAmE
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=102&v=KYFZcOZYA5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

depends on the region
both are shit though.

language, the entire Southern Europe is the same and people look the same

we don't bow down to any """"king"""" since a century ago

We are a bit more conservative, socially. We are more serious, melancholic and reserved/introverted.

We eat more fish than Spain (although Galicia eats a butt ton too), and are much more ocean-oriented. Our country has a lot more rain and blue-ish landscapes, whereas Spain is mostly a desert yellow country.

Also, Spain is like 5 different countries, so some regions are closer (Galicia in particular) and some are further apart, so this is a generalisation.

We had fucking GOAT kings back in the 1400's, though.

And it's not like our republic has been worth a damn, as fair as the system may be.

We don't sleep when it's too hot

We can speak more than one language, and as a result are over-represented in the internet (as you can see in this thread), in comparison to them and most of the central Europe countries, since we have no troubles with English.

We also went to sea first and have a general "braver" history, since we were always fewer and it never stopped us much.

Saudade

the language and the food
both similar at 89%
portuguese eat more codfish
spanish eat more potatoes

unvalid to South America for the food

>spanish eat more potatoes
We eat less potatoes because we have a rotation of rice/potatoes/pasta going on, so it's not like they have a disproportionate love for potatoes like we do for bacalhau.

What they eat a lot of is tomatoes, though. Always fucking tomatoes on everything.

I'd guess that it's because they never had control over the Indian spice trade that they never incorporated as varied a spice selection even in their poorer populations like we did. That or maybe because we kept the African colonies for longer, and always had a good relationship with Brazil.

t. scandi country with nordic cross flag number 985720

Spain is one you fucking crypto Jew.

Portugal e Espanha!
Portugal e Espanha!
Portugal e Espanha!
Portugal e Espanha!
Portugal e Espanha!Portugal e Espanha!
youtube.com/watch?v=mwu8vP-or5I

Oh hey, it's our pet autist. I was wondering when you'd show up.

How are the pills going?

Portugal is discount Spain in every way.

this pic is pretty cool mind if i steal it? :^)

Why is that fag so obsessed with you?

idk el oh el

i try to sleep lads

hey sup bby

spain itself IS discount spain... we are cheap as fuck compared to other western euros

why do spaniards on int self hate so much

STOP being racist please, your post offends me.

just look at Latin America and you will understand it

Because Spain is truly shithole

Not him but have been fighting each other for 250 years so we stopped being patriotic so we aren't deluded about the reality of this country.

because Sup Forums attracts social outcasts, and social outcasts in latin countries are turbo autists self-hater cucks

This. Your country is very awesome on so many levels. Everything can not be reducted at just economic crisis.

Spain is third world compare with germany, France, netherlands, + 20 unemployment rate, trust me... I live in Germany.

I don't care about the fucking spanish history, is the past now is shit

Compared *
I lived *

Sry lads is my phone

you're shit.

All andalusians should be exterminated, they are filthy moors and traitors.

What s your problem chicano? You think that Spain is top tier or something like that but is irrelevant and mediocre country

What about Spanish modern culture, and people, though? I've been several times in Spain (Barcelona mostly, and also Madrid).
It is, even compared to other western countries, far away from a thirld world cunt.
Maybe you judge your own wountry too sharply?

Your gypsy moor ghetto is shit because you half moors are shit, real Spain is developed and European.
GDP per capita
1 Basque Country 40,457
2 Navarre 38,736
3 Community of Madrid 38,712
4 Catalonia 34,952
5 La Rioja 32,326
6 Aragon 32,152

>your own wountry
Hum, your own country*, sorry.

GDP per capita
18 Andalusia 22,487

>replying to Spaniard self-haters
Don't do this. They are far beyond deluded.

you dont know anything about spain, is shameful for us when foreigners say things like ole!,flamenco, siesta etc.. Wtf is this shit?

I am ethnic Spanish and all of that shit disgusts me.

Madrid is wealthy because it is the capital. That is its only virtue.
Madrid could have been any other city. When Valladolid became the capital for 5 years in the XVII century, its population tripled and Madrid emptied. When it was sent back to Madrid the opposite happened and Valladolid didnt recover the population it had as a capital till the XIX century.

The region close to the Pyrenees is wealthy because, to say it the ugliest way possible, it is the region of Spain closest to Europe.

France is wealthier than Spain, but the regions of Spain that border France like Cataluña and the Basque country, are wealthier than the regions of France that border Spain. What is peripheral in France isnt peripheral in Spain.

Portugal is poor because it is along with Andalusia the corner of Spain/Hispania further away from Europe.

When being on the Atlantic was the best thing possible, Sevilla and Lisboa were in the top 5 biggest cities of Europe. Galicia had twice the population of Cataluña in the XVIII century.

If Cataluña became independent, it would lose millions of inhabitants, and probably Zaragonza would become a real big city. This would not be immediate, it would be a long process.

Vete a tomar por culo, chicANO de mierda

Absolutely filthy and disgusting, Spanish culture is not any of that shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sd8ZzCoRAmE
This is Spain.

Portuguese culture orbits the idea of sailing. They have a lot of fish in their culture, much of their poetry and literature is the story of sailors and they depict that in art as well.

Spanish culture orbits the idea of being conquerors. They have the touradas, clothing with broader textiles and much of their cuisine is (mammal) meat.

Distance has no meaning, only the genetic populace.

>Portuguese people are friendly and they can actually speak English
>Their food is more than just configurations of pork/beans/potatoes/tomatoes/bread/garlic
>Obsessed with bacalhau
>Make dank desserts and good ass coffee
>Got less cucked by history
>Spain has marginally more money/jobs

I studied abroad for a year in Spain and went to Portugal like 6 times. Literally even the Spaniards admit how much they love Portugal and how much better they are in terms of niceness and language. Spanish food is good but I had some better meals in Portugal. I went to a Portuguese grandma's house with a friend and I felt like a fucking sultan.

Overall, I enjoyed Spain but I liked Portugal better overall.

>Literally even the Spaniards admit how much they love Portugal and how much better they are in terms of niceness and language

t. Anthony Barbosa

t. Professor of History at the University of Salamanca

I am supposedly barbossa, but I am for a completely department Spain, with one language and half moors/moors deported.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=102&v=KYFZcOZYA5g

vete a hacer el gilipollas a otra parte chicano de mierda.

You sound like a pleasent and enjoyable country.

Solamente cuenta la verdad Jorge

Te gustan tus vacaciones en los Estados?

Yeah I lived in spain for a few years, talking to Spaniards you would think that they live in Somalia or something.