/spg/ - Smartphone General

f requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones

Recent News:
>PhoneKid is a smartphone aimed at children
gsmarena.com/phonekid_is_a_smartphone_aimed_at_children-news-29898.php
>Galaxy S9+ becomes the top ranked smartphone on DxO Mark
gizchina.com/2018/03/01/galaxy-s9-becomes-top-ranked-smartphone-dxo-mark/
>Blackberry is ready to bring the KEYone Black Edition to the US
gizchina.com/2018/03/01/blackberry-ready-bring-keyone-black-edition-us/
>New design leaked for the upcoming UMIDIGI Z2
gizchina.com/2018/03/01/new-design-leaked-for-the-upcoming-umidigi-z2/
>Meizu M6S With 6GB of RAM Listed on MIIT Web Site
gizchina.com/2018/03/01/meizu-m6s-6gb-ram-listed-miit-web-site/
>OnePlus 7 Coming In Second Quarter With Top-Notch Features
gizchina.com/2018/03/01/oneplus-7-coming-second-quarter-top-notch-features/

Last Thread:

i want to fug kirino and nakadashi her deepest parts while she ikus

Stop wanking to incest.

>still no moto g6
Do you guys think that it'll be better than the mi a1?

I'm looking for pdf reader for android that
>support text reflow
>have night mode

NOTCHED.COM

lmao

Pdf reader ~ classic? By librera.
Nightmode inverts the colors.
Dunno if it reflows; I have it on an old tablet and haven't updated it for years.

Moon reader? (Only used it for ebooks though)

new Zenphone sounds really promising even despite that shitty notch

>OnePlus 7 Coming In Second Quarter With Top-Notch Features
kek

How is pic related? Would I regret buying it?

Phone. Notched.
Headphone jack. Out.
Camera. Dual.

Am I retarded for wanting to return this Honor 7x for a Xiaomi Mi A1?

>android phone manufacturer's copying the notch while STILL having sizable bezels that fit the notch contents
you can NOT make this up

>one day after changing the internal battery
ahh holy shit. it feels so good beating the planned obsolescence jew. I'll use this for a few more years.

internal battery for what, user?

Not sure if I should ask here, but I'll try before making a thread. I've warmed up to the idea of having 2 phones-- One for internet connectivity and productivity, and the other as a simple dumb phone. My question is, what's a good quality dumb phone? High call quality is a must, durability is a big plus.

the only problem with the MiA1 is the damn update for some bugs for late notifications like whatsapp, fb, telegram... and Xiaomi wont say shit about it...

For the rest is all good, can't complain

Why does every new high end phone has 5,5+ in screen? My lg g2 is starting to show its age but there isn't single 5-5,2 inch phone that seems like a upgrade. I either has huge bezels or its gigantic. 5 inch bezelless phone when?

the s6

This so much.
That's why the essential phone is an abomination

essential was before imeme 10

I've only ever used android (moto g1 and g3 to be specific) but I'm considering switching to an iphone SE or 6s. I'm just sick of google and their shitty attitude to privacy. I've heard that apple still takes your meta data but they are far more committed to protecting your information whereas google don't give a fuck. Perhaps there's some logical disconnect with regards to letting 2 companies now having profiles of me but I'm trying to damage control at this point. Do I limit google's power over me or do I limit the amount of organisations with my data?

I've chosen those 2 apple phones because they have headphone jacks and have small screens. But before I spend more money on a phone than I ever have before, am I grossly misinformed about apple's commitment to privacy?

Moto Z for 200 worth it? how is battery life ? (how much sot) and camera, performance etc

Which one should I choose, Blackberry KeyOne or Iphone 7.

anyone?

Good replacement for a 1st gen Moto G? I mainly just want to use Telegram, Discord, stock Android apps and Spotify. I can do this on my current phone, it's just laggy and slow.

Femanon here

I'd go for the Xiaomi A1. Stock android and no bloat. Decent specs too

What is a good European place to buy phones cheap? Looking for S7 like performance.
I was thinking LG but it's looping good.

Any advice welcomed

What phone should I buy if I want to be able to use it for a long time by flashing ROMs to keep it up to date, is water resistant and has a micro SD card slot? T-Moble in USA BTW.

is moto z a good buy for 200? how is battery life and performance? coming from a oneplus 2

Can't wait for the Xiaomi note 5 pro to finally come in stock.

Is there any phone that's like the Light Phone 2, but isn't overpriced as shit?

test

she's cute

would bang every night/10

How does it fare in the US? I was reading on Amazon it may not be compatible with ATT, and it doesn't appear to be unlocked. Something about the charger being foreign, too.

Note 8

/thread

anyone?

REEEE WHY DID SONY HAVE TO KEK WITH THE HEADPHONE JACK WHAT FUCKING PHONE DO I BUY NOW

That's been an issue with Xiaomi phones for years, push notifications just don't work. They won't fix it.

If you really care, buy a phone that has LineageOS support and exlusively use FOSS apps and avoid Google services entirely. Good luck.

anyone with a redmi note 4x? why is "redmi note 4" reported in my settings>info?

wait for
or get a Mi Note 3

No. Just put done money away and get a Note. Stop with the meme phones already.

Note as in Samsung Galaxy Note (8)? That's just throwing money away.
If you're talking about the Mi Note 3 - absolutely. Awesome phone and not that much more expensive.

What exactly is wrong with the Note 8?

That one user specifically asked for a replacement of a pretty low budget phone and you are recommending him to buy one of the most expensive phones of the market, therefore I must ask: What exactly is wrong with you?

Better option if most important feature is camera:

Huawei P10 Lite or Xperia Z5 Compact?

Only iSheep pay full price. All carriers have plans that greatly discount the overall price of a device.

The N8 is the best device the market., hands down. I get that people are in college and on limited incomes, but in this day and age it isn't hard you get the extra cash for something like this.

>N8 best device on the market

Not at all. Terribly bloated OS which tries to lure you into yet another ecosystem. Samsung makes great hardware, no doubt, but they shoot themselves in the foot by being so stubborn with their software.

I'm the user that has a Moto G 1st gen. I just want a modern, replacement phone with good specs for 200 - 300 USD, and I'd prefer lower 200s. The A1 looks like it might be perfect.

The Snapdragon 630 isn't all that great, you should at least hold off until Redmi Note 5 Pro is available in your area, I'd recommend the Mi Note 3 though.

Correction: It rocks a Snapdragon 625, even worse.

It's probably way better than what's in my Moto G 1st gen. I may get the Note 5 Pro if it's on Amazon.

no

is a Moto Z for 200 euros good? how's battery life and performance?

Quick /g,
Lg G5 or Sam S7 ?

iPhone lol, idiot

That would be a good choice too. Probably find one fairy cheap. Check eBay as well.

>nope.jpg

You are cute. I'd fuck you :3

anyone?

My phone is nearly a decade old but I hate all new phones. Why is it so hard to find a phone that isn't entirely made of glass and 8 inches long? Holy shit.

Lineage OS 15.1 to redmi note 4 when? Isn't it supposed to be one of the most used lineage os devices?

Just buy Nokia the new 3310 or Nokia 8110 banana.

same goes to you:

>Z5 Compact
>A 2015 phone that uses the housefire that is SD810

Not even once, at least get the XZ1 Compact if you want something more recent

Is it worth it getting a Moto Z even though Lenovo is scummy and chinese

my Z5C doesn't overheat

wanted to ask the same, is a Moto Z for 200 euros worth it? how is battery life?

*smiles pajeetly*

halp

kys fucktard

no u

Welp, guess i'm going back to Samsung.

Most recent phones i used were the moto g1 and galaxy s3. Whats the best phone i can get for under 100? I was looking at either a galaxy note 4 or galaxy s6

S7.

With the new XZ2s, will Sony finally break into the mainstream?

help

what is the best low bufget phone? real low budget (no xiaomis)

also pls recommend a "full view" lo budget phone (I already have LG Q6 and is utter incredible shit)

Galaxy s4

It's only temporary. Also a main concern was price, which is why those were options to begin with. Bought one anyway, though didn't notice there was some loose adhesive under the camera glass (it's not blocking the camera but I'll go exchange it for a different one anyway.)

Will see how the camera is. I'm coming from a nexus 6p which I was unlucky enough to get both the battery issue and bootloop issue with. Disabled the faulty cores so the phone ran pretty poorly, and the Z5C will probably run better, but the 6p camera was great.

what the fuck, seriously? Why the hell would I buy a Xiaomi then?!

Looking to upgrade from z5 premium. The ZX2 lost the look, so I'm considering Mi Mix2 vs OnePlus 5T. Am i looking in the right direction? Any stock Android phones that won't cost as much as a Pixel?

thoughts about the Nokia 1?

I want to fug kirino :3

>Pdf reader ~ classic? By librera.
It's filled with ads.
Thanks anyway.

What's /spg/ opinion on folio phone cases?

What could that possibly be?

Note 8

Has there been any recent large phones released or announced? Currently on a mi max and i don't wanna go smaller. Mi max 2 seems pointless so idk

Gsmarena updated huawei honor v10 headphone jack output measurements and it looks decent now.

Probably my next phone, love the copper color lines

Apparently MS office refuses to work without cloud shit. Should I try libre or is there something lighter?

buying my first smart phone redmi 5 plus, but it's too big for me.
should i get the mi a1 or redmi note 4 instead?
budget is about 200 €

I like how they feel as though a smaller notch is a one-up over Apple, when they could've just not had a notch at all.

>that XZ2 design
>no 3.5mm jack
I threw up a little bit when I saw it. Sony can actually go climb a wall of dicks.

Any reason why I shouldn't buy the XZ1 Compact?

It's ugly; it's expensive; it has awful OS + disgusting custom UI; battery is a pure garbage