Why don't south americans accept that someone in the US is american?

Why don't south americans accept that someone in the US is american?
We are called americans, not estadounidenses.

They want to leech off our name recognition. Would you rather be called Brazilian, Mexican or Peruvian (ew) or American (hey, not bad)?

Huh, I would want that as my title too if I came from those countries.

*My* main problem is using the same word for "from USA" and "from the Americas" where the context makes it unclear. Otherwise I don't give a fuck.

Why I see why you would like for instance, calling someone from europe european.But someone from south america, should be south american.
I never heard anyone say i am from the americas.

Why don't you call yourselves Usonian(s) ?

Because that sounds like someone from outer space.

Following this logic you should be called a North American, at the same degree than a Candian or a Mexican.

"The meeting of the American presidents..." [is this about Clinton and Bush, or Peña Nieto and Manuel Santos?]

Most of the time this is easily avoided, though - using the expression "from X" instead of the adjective.

All the problem was generated and some dumbass decided that 2 giant earth masses are the same continent and just gave them the same name. And when another dumbass decided to put his country's name with the same name of the fucking continent.

What about us-american (that's what we call you)?

Exactly, and that's cool.

This.

What about Shartians?

Yes, we are are from North America, but we are Americans and north Americans
Mexico is officially called los estadios unidos de Mexico, and we call them Mexican. I see nothing wrong to use part of your official title to call yourself something

As a thought experiment, imagine North America was called "North Mexico" and South America was called "South Mexico". As in,
>Canada, United States of America and United States of Mexico are North Mexican countries.

>All the problem was generated and some dumbass decided that 2 giant earth masses are the same continent and just gave them the same name.
Just like a bunch of guys thought Italy and Anatolia were in different landmasses and decided to call Eurasia by two names. Those mistakes used to happen a lot.

And it's not like NAm and SAm are unconnected.

Ok, so you live in America (continent) but every country except yours, has it's own name.
>Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Honduras etc.
Imagine France suddendly change its name for "Europe".
I think it will start a third world war.

USA sucks lol

> unitedshartians think this is a valid logic

> without realizing why mexico is named mexico

they don't sucks, don't be obnoxious.

In English at least, but IDK about any other language:

Demonym of Country: "American"
Continents: "The Americas"
Demonym of Continents: "Pan-American"

France sucks too lol

>every country except yours, has it's own name

mind = blown

Good point
But there is no problem
we = americans
u = monkey

Why does everyone refer to blacks as African American but no one refers to whites as European American?

'Cause America is a fucking continent.

When the USA was first formed, it was a confederation of semi-autonomous states. The states were what were important. And the "America" part of USA was more of a personal distinction from England.

That didn't work out so they made a more centralized government which made the USA into a proper country. It should have been renamed when we adopted the constitution, honestly.

We just call you gringos imperialistas kek

same reasons I see mexicans labeled as white even if they are darker. Shit's fucked.

From now on we call citizens of the US the United Statesians.

>I refuse to be called unitedstatian cause is stupid, mexicans are also unitedstatians and argies aren't called republicans
>the how do you call the people from United Arab Emirates? Arabs?
>Emiratians
>...
>get shot

Just kidding, I kinda agree with this guy , don't see why you shouldn't call'em "americans" if you are speaking english or why would you call'em "americans" in your language if your country sees Nam and Sam as a whole continent.

I've even heard that some people in news says things like "the North American president" (speaking about Oblack Niggama), which is much more retarded.

that's just not true

We consider that a compliment 2bh

Why do you call us Mexicans even though we are americans too?

America is a continent.
>Inb4 muh plates

He does not follow the better divison of contitnents. Should asia and europe be together since a small strip of land connects them.

You seem to be confusing English with Spanish. This is an English language website; in the future, please learn English before using Sup Forums. In the English language, "American" refers to citizens of the United States of America, not people who happen to be living in North or South America.

>The Urals are a small division of land

Because your forebearers named your country, "The United Mexican States"

That's the point, jerk. Your thread is about that...

he's not op

oh I didn't notice lol

I'm not sure, I'm not south american.
But this must have something to do with it, see demonym.