We don't like this?

This is exactly what I wanted out a solo chance album after being introduced to him on Pablo. I like this way better than a """""quirky""""" rapper about drugs

why does everybody hate it?

*please spoon feed me*

>we
think for yourself, retard

Could somebody please explain to me what conceptual link "All We Got" could possibly have with "Blessings (Reprise)"? Is there anybody who honestly believes this isn't just a collection of re-recorded B-sides, placed in a random order with a hipster-friendly cover and a nonsensical name? That Chance the Rapper's addled brains didn't simply run out of creativity around 3 years ago, and after the utter flop of Acid Rap he's now given up writing truly new music altogether?

Acid Rap was not a flop though, so your hot new meme doesn't work.

I WAS definitely a fan of Chance but he seems to have reduced himself to trying to reproduce the success of Acid Rap, which was a superior mixtape. I enjoy his message, but his delivery is fucked. He's annoying, arrogant, and not as good as he thinks he is. His ONE ad lib is really grating after repeated listens, he's very bubble gum, and has no depth or struggle apparent in any of his songs besides Acid Rain. The song that made me check him out was Acid Rain, and Acid Rap pleasantly surprised with how different it was, and how varied the emotions were.

This new mixtape seems content in pseudo-christian posturing (Features with Kanye "I am a God" West, 2 "big booty" chainz, and Dwayne "beat the pussy like Emmett Till" Carter) and bubble gum trite. His gospel has no soul, and his melody has no pain. I'm ALL for positive music, but not delivered in such a way. He's too corny in his SOUND. His delivery is either that slim shady speak-flow or yelling in the rhythm of an unskilled jazz trumpeter. Chance is too into himself and the sound of his voice to say anything of importance.

It's not what we wanted, it's what we needed. I'm slowly realizing that, and I think everyone else is too. Shit's beautiful and puts me in a good ass mood

Typical corny Chance fan everyone

>He's the hero we needed

That or some real heavy

D A M A G E C O N T R O L

Its pretty good to me. I enjoy it more every listen.

NYEHNYEHNYEHNYEH NYEH
NYEHNYEHNYEHNYEH NYEH

AGH

Heard all of it all the way through today, shit cash

shut up

>the utter flop of Acid Rap
confirmed bait

He's memeing u boi

>AR
>flop
Nigga

>psuedo Christian posturing

you seem to have missed the point of Christianity if you think it's all squeeky clean perfect people totally free of all impulses and temptations. I guess you missed all that stuff about Peter's betrayal, Paul, writings of Augustine.

Whether you like it or not, Christianity is a powerful set of symbols which has inspired some of the greatest music ever made (Beethoven's 9th, Handel, Bach). Artists that aren't edgelords don't dismiss something that holds such a firm grip on the collective imagination and public feeling out of hand.

It didn't sell a single copy m8

>GOD IS BETTER THAN THE WORLDS BEST STEAKS

No, I'm not a chance fan. I hate these fucking backpacker kids these days
>hurr durr I only listen to the real raps like Chance The Rapper, Childish Gambino, Hopsin, Logic, the list goes on
Let me rephrase what I said; this is what we need from Chance. Acid Rap displays a lot of personality, versatility, and ambition, but it also shows a lot of immaturity and lyrical redundancy. I think Chance realized what he's best at, and did it on this tape. He's talking about what he loves and he's doing it with passion. The production is sugar coated and by the book completely, but it adds a lot of charm and comfort. The simplicity in this tape is done great, and the progression of Chance as an artist is very apparent. If you can't see it, I think you're blinded by the bitter cynical attitude of this board, and you can't let go and enjoy the music for what it is (yes, I'm being THAT faggot and saying "yeah but it's fun")
Good argument decent to strong 10

I dont get the complaints either, I will say that I don't love the order of the tracks. Especially i hate how All Night goes into How great. It feels so random and disjointed. But in terms of the music, I really love this record. I think he has done a great job of taking the best parts of Acid, and his Kanye influences, to make an ambitious and unique album, that hits new personal highs, in terms of lyrics, sound, and production.

>the utter flop of Acid Rap

this is when I stopped listening

>comparing Bach to a rapper

Lmao

There's a difference between admitting temptation and promoting sin btw

I don't care for it. Then again I'm not a gospel fan. Which this project has many elements of. So can't really say it's bad. Just that I'm not a fan of it. I like Chance though. 10 Day and Acid Rap are still great.

>Chance realized what's best at
>the progression of Chance as an artist is very apparent

amen

I think Hopsin is borderline mentally disabled and Childish Gambino seems like the male equivalent of JLo trying to cross over into acting.

>Childish Gambino seems like the male equivalent of JLo trying to cross over into acting.

But... But.... He's probably way better known as an actor, than he ever was as a rapper. Also, he never transitioned, he did both to pretty big success, simultaneously. You can Like him or not.

>Childish Gambino is like the male equivalent of JLo trying to cross over into acting

Uhhh buddy? You aware he was an actor/writer/comedian before a rapper right?

>Since I was not a lover of wedlock so much as a slave of lust, I procured another mistress- not a wife, of course. Thus in bondage to a lasting habit, the disease of my soul" - St. Augustine, Confessions

>I've been waiting for a minute for my lady
>So I can jeopardize that for one of these hoes
>Give up the women
>Kanye West-FML

Doesn't sound like either man is promoting sin, even if they're both sinners like anybody else. Let he who without sin...well I guess, you know the rest

That's my point, albeit the analogy was somewhat strained. what marginal talent he has is as a comedian. he should stay in his lane

>chance realized what he's best at

What's that, shoving Jesus into everything? Acid Rap was mostly solidly relateable shit especially for those of us who are his age (those of us born in the early 90's dealing with the same societal bullshit that he did). Coloring Book is just big-ups for god and humble-bragging about how he made it and if you pray you can make it too.

Honestly some of the instrumentals in Coloring Book were really solid but I think otherwise backing in 10 Day was a lot better for being able to focus on his actual raps.

I know you're "being THAT faggot and saying 'yeah but it's fun'", but I'm going to be that meta-faggot and say "nah man, Acid Rap was fun, Coloring Book is masturbatory about his own success".

>why does everybody hate it?
>singing is horrendous
>it's gospel music - not bad necessarily but it is what it is

Other than that, the features were pretty good, although I find it hard to call it a 'Chance' album when 10 of the 14 tracks are features.

>I WAS definitely a fan of Chance but he seems to have reduced himself to trying to reproduce the success of Acid Rap, which was a superior mixtape. I enjoy his message, but his delivery is fucked. He's annoying, arrogant, and not as good as he thinks he is. His ONE ad lib is really grating after repeated listens, he's very bubble gum, and has no depth or struggle apparent in any of his songs besides Acid Rain. The song that made me check him out was Acid Rain, and Acid Rap pleasantly surprised with how different it was, and how varied the emotions were.
>This new mixtape seems content in pseudo-christian posturing (Features with Kanye "I am a God" West, 2 "big booty" chainz, and Dwayne "beat the pussy like Emmett Till" Carter) and bubble gum trite. His gospel has no soul, and his melody has no pain. I'm ALL for positive music, but not delivered in such a way. He's too corny in his SOUND. His delivery is either that slim shady speak-flow or yelling in the rhythm of an unskilled jazz trumpeter. Chance is too into himself and the sound of his voice to say anything of importance.
literally my exact feelings about chance the rapper. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's overrated.

>Shit's beautiful and puts me in a good ass mood
word's spoken by a true Chance fan.

fucking brilliant.

agreed.

But that's EXACTLY what I mean. Him trying to be relatable with his problems was whiney, now he's thankful for where he is and is spreading positivity. I was born in '90, and whatever societal problems you're referring to are kinda petty bullshit in retrospect. Regardless, reminiscing on them is useless

'93, and what problems are you talking about? The issues with violence and shit growing up in the city (Windows, Pusha Man/Paranoia, Money, Nostalgia, etc.), authority issues and how a large portion of our generation has turned to recreational drug use to deal with our issues (14,400 min, cocoa butter kisses, Brain Cells)?

I dunno where you grew up man, but those were super fucking relateable for me, that's what drew me to his music. It's really disheartening to hear the message go from "the older generation is running things to shit, we gotta figure this out", to just praising god because "blessings just fall in his lap".

He's technically good and shit, and I get that he's set, but I can't listen to it anymore, because that wasn't petty bullshit, those were and still are the problems me and my friends deal with. And this new-found "I'm totally set, life is wonderful, I'm a dad now, praise god" kind of Chance just doesn't cut it for me.