Worst fanbases thread? Worst fanbases thread

Worst fanbases thread? Worst fanbases thread.

What are the worst fanbases you can think of Sup Forums? The artist can be good or bad, they just need to have a shifty fanbase.

I'll start off with some easy ones:

>pic related
>Aphex twin
>autechre
>Radiohead
>Kanye west
>oasis
>led Zeppelin
>death grips

Other urls found in this thread:

spin.com/2015/03/marvin-gaye-robin-thicke-blurred-lines-lawsuit-ed-sheeran-thinking-out-loud/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've never met an AnCo fan that doesn't give off some essence of faggotry if that counts

Swans by far. Every one I've ever come into contact with be it online or in person is completely insufferable

Every artist I don't like

GUNS N' ROSES BY FUCKING FAR

I knew a dude who was into Björk and he was just like the Björk fans here. Björk this, Björk that. BjörkBjörkBjörk everytime I saw him, which explains why I avoided him. His only friends were the campus security guards and thelunch ladies.

Joanna doesn't have a bad fanbase at all. Even the posts about her ass usually end up discussing her music as well.

Autechre doesn't have that bad of one either, sorry you got bullied by them or something. We Are The Music Makers people are shitheads but the /autechre/ generals on Sup Forums are good fun.

anyways:

Grimes
The Mars Volta
Tool
Deafheaven
Young Thug
Young Lean
any Vaporwave "artist"
Kendrick Lamar
Metallica
Pink Floyd (Syd era fans are bros though)
Explosions In The Sky
Björk
Gorillaz
Nirvana

Nirvana fans and those who vocally dislike Nirvana somehow manage to both be insufferable faggot of the highest degree

Something about that band

Slint

I love Slint, hell I just listened to Spiderland a few hours ago, but their fanbase thinks that they're above everyone else.

This

>Joanna
Kinda
>Aphex twin
Kinda
>autechre
No
>Radiohead
Yes
>Kanye west
Yes
>oasis
Yes
>led Zeppelin
Mostly harmless
>death grips
Yes

All of them

Future, Drake, Young Thug
not limited to Sup Forums

holy shit their fans are like a cross between hipsters and juggalos

B
E
A
T
L
E
S

>autechre
>not bad fanbase

I suppose if you're part of it it probably doesn't seem so bad, but to rest of us you are insufferable assholes.

How? They stay in their own general and don't clog up the board with constant shit threads like most of the others mentioned.

>stay in there own general

Some might, but trust me I've run into them constantly, all they do is jerk of autechre and derail whatever conversation was going on same with Joanna Newsom, except her fanbase will go out of the way to make threads praising her beyond reason and shutting in anyone that disagrees with anyone.

...but I like all of the artists in my original post.

My Chemical Romance.

shame, because they made great music.

I feel the same way about BMtH. They're by far the best of the "scene" bands and make legit good metalcore, but will always be associated with the like of Asking Alexandria. Their edgy lyrics don't work for their case either.

I like the first album, but holy shit THIS

She looks like Eliane Elias.

Look up this video called "does anyone listen to Yung Lean" or something like that. All the fans are the most cringeworthy people

lmaoooo

I love the first two, I even went to shows a couple of times, (met them once kek) but their fanbase is so cringeworthy oh my god

gotta be something about the masks mang, makes all those little autists think of them as living anime characters and act accordingly

>Anco
Severed fanbase from so many different albums leads them to hate eachother and give off a bitch aura.

The SMT of music.

this one's obvious

Really? They have a pretty big and diverse fan base, and I've meet some that aren't pretentious fucks or completely annoying though I do agree that a large amount are.

most aphex and ae fans are fine, same goes for radiohead since they're semi-mainstream with how known they are

You're a big fuckin baby

>butt hurt autechre fan

Don't get me wrong they rea great band or group or whatever, but they're avid fans are fucking terrible.

not that guy but unless you're dealing with a few insane watmmers they really aren't

this is you getting what you deserve for underrating autechre and joanna

This is the kinda shit I'm talking about.

watmmers really are terrible lol so i can see where he's coming from, even if the threads on Sup Forums are ace.

serves.
you.
right.

Why? Because I don't fully submit to they're complete and unquestionable greatness?

Don't you think your kinda putting them in a pedestal?

that user seems to simply be engaging in some bantz m8, you're taking it too seriously
yeah that's why I specified them

>I'll start off with some easy ones:
>mac demarco

Yeah I'm pretty sure is just b8ing but it doesn't make they're fan bases any less annoying because they will actually do it.

Bad religion and nofx have some embarrassing fanbases

KPOP
P O
O P
POPK

Anyone that enjoys kpop. I hope you all die painfully and slowly. Possibly from an infection as a result of a botched plastic surgery. You should suffer immensely.

People that pretend Taylor Swift is amazing, either for her looks or her music, are next on my list. She's admittedly not the worst thing ever. You can easily find artists that are more terrible. But people that worship her are scum.

The modern Strokes ''fans''

Mac de marco fan girls.

Basically this, I like Taylor swift but poptimistoptimist are the fucking worst.

Also anyone who "likes" Kpop or posters in the threads needs to die.

but nobody actually enjoys kpop, just look in the general and you'll see it's all waifufagging

Try going outside some time.

I remember when those fucks weren't welcomed here and forced to take their shit to /r9k/. Too bad the mods are soft now.

*poptimists

What the fuck just happened there.

iirc they started spamming gore when mods attempted to move them elsewhere
/eceleb/ needs to happen to get them and all other waifufags off of the media boards permanently

If only there were containment boards for every type of horrible poster

there are, they just tend to leak
if Sup Forums and Sup Forums finally left and /eceleb/ became a thing then I honestly think things would get better, I don't think anything else would have to be done

Every Tumblrcore artist
>Lana Del Rey
>Halsey
>The Weeknd
>Ed Sheeran
>Arctic Monkeys
>The xx
>Tame Impala
>Mumford & Sons
You get the picture

Basically any artists where the fanbase are ridiculously obsessive or consist of underage teens. I like some of these artists, but some of their fans are absolute cunts:
>death grips by fucking far
>Grimes
>Taylor swift
>kanye
>Deadmau5
>nirvana
>CHVRCHES
>young lean
>Mac demarco
>any kpop artist
>Eminem
>rage against the machine
>my chemical romance
>ICP
>tenacious d
>odd future / any member thereof who isn't frank ocean
>Bob Marley
>any dadrocker
>any scene music

A lot of the bands I'm into. AnCo for example. Every thread devolves into
>his album is better than this album
>no fuck you this is better
>lel pleb
>Deak for pres XD
It's rare for worthwhile discussion to happen

I disagree about Swans,though. I've never seen a Swans fanbe annoying or anything, the people that post all the Swans threads are the people who don't like them

>Ed Sheeran

spin.com/2015/03/marvin-gaye-robin-thicke-blurred-lines-lawsuit-ed-sheeran-thinking-out-loud/

You know how angry this shit made me? I never knew there was a Spin article made about it eventually. I'd rant about it to anybody that listened.

>he can't handle the bantz
anco threads are largely decent user

That is true, but you could say that about most of Sup Forumscore bands.

please do

My post may have seem like I didn't like deak because of a typo in the first line of greentext, but there is a very healthy amount of shitposting in AnCo threads among any actual conversation.

Not to mention that the band attracts a lot of newfags because of MPP's spot on the Sup Forumscore list, not that there's anything wrong with that

either way, just look at all the 21p and FB&CC shitpostion.

What does that even mean?

Also
>butt hurt poptimist

Blurred Lines was a shitty song but Robin Thicke got raped while Ed Sheeran openly admitted his song was created when Simon Cowell asked him to write a song like "Let's Get It On" for One Direction.

That song came about in basically the least admirable way something could. I spent that whole year getting angry every time I heard it which was constantly.

I don't like Taylor swift but people who openly right off you opinion and your taste becuase one of your favorite artists is pop are far more annoying.

On a site based around discussion and for these people to openly love and claim to be music connoisseurs they sure are extremely closed minded when it comes to pop.

A lot of hip hop acts have bad fans

We're not really hating on Taylor Swift because she's pop though. I was very early to that party, I hated her when "Tim McGraw" was a brand new single. I think she's vastly improved as an artist since then. Her music is much better. I still hate it. I hate her fans much more.

I hate any music fans that act more as a free street team for the artist than actual fans. Fans that don't critique or judge the work and just blindly accept it and basically say their favorite artist can do no wrong. Fans that feel the need to constantly defend their favorite artist's work from people on the internet that don't like it. The Taylor Swifts and Beyonces of the world benefit from both media hype and free promotion by idiots on the internet.

Yes I know I am a bitter autist and I bitch about just about everything but these things grate on me the most.

No no see I agree with you I saw just air my complaints about people just writing off pop music because it's pop and never judging it.

Oh I misunderstood. Yeah that's how pop music got so bad in the first place.

>Kanye West

So much this. He is the most conceited asshole on the planet. How do you spend money on someone who refers to himself as the next jesus and then consistently shits all over you?

Death girps fans go full autism 24/7

I'll probably get some heat for this, but Taylor is my ultimate guilty pleasure, I have been a fan of hers since the beginning. I would say that she doesn't really have many "real" fans. I've been to a lot of her concerts over the years and I would say that at every single one it's 90% 10-12 year old girls and their families. On this last tour, whenever she played an older song or a new one that isn't a single, the kids didn't know the words and looked bored.

At the start of the tour, before Wildest Dreams became a single, no one sang along. By the end of the tour, the entire crowd was chanting along. I'd be willing to bet at least half of them hadn't even listened to 1989 in full before going. They're not real fans, they're just slaves to the trends....

I can't hate you if you're truly into it. As long as you don't make some thread that says something like "queen tay tay" I won't fire a bunch of angry words at you.

Every girlfriend I have ever had in my life has been a Taylor Swift fan. I don't get too angry when they play her music around me. Something about her accent in "Our Song" makes me want to murder Taylor and possibly others too though.

This

wtf

Yeah, kind of. It's because so many people think she's infallible and just make themselves look retarded trying to defend her against any criticism. I've noticed Grimes fans do the same thing. The side hating everything she does is awful too though.

anything with fucking waifu level cult following

radiohead, chvrches, bjork, grimes, death grips etc

people who hatepost on Grimes

I've seen a ton of people complaining about her waifufags yet none of her waifufags

we're at peak backlash and it's fucking annoying, I don't think he's the Messiah but I still like her a lot

She probably wouldn't get as much hate if she didn't suck so bad. Her recent live performances being garbage are part of the reason you're seeing this.

>if she didn't suck so bad

Art Angels was great

was his name Ricardo?

Any new Hardcore band.

It went from just having fun getting hit to a bunch of SJW's crying about mean words. Going to shows gives me ulsters looking at every fucking faggot looking identical and spewing the same mindless bullshit.

If you've ever ran into a group of Emilie Autumn fans you will know who the worst fans in all of music are.

Tool fans are mild in comparison.

>every fucking faggot looking identical

that's what hardcore's been for decades dude

Maybe with the youth crew stuff, but everything else just seemed like there was no "style" to it. And it during beatdown there was seriously nothing conglomerate about it. I just feel like now you just thrown on camo pants and act like a self righteous faggot and your HxC

Neither of us lived through the '80s but based on everything I've read about that time it didn't seem very different. The good bands fought against it but it was still there. Only the signifiers have changed.

But at the very least they weren't virtue signaling pussies. If I post a fucking Sam Hyde video on twitter I run the risk of having my FRIENDS bands boycotted. Everyone in the scene is a fucking child its ridiculous.

Oasis by far. I hate their fans. They're just a shit band.

Foo Fighters fans are just as bad.

Most of these have discernible chill

Metal fans
Bob Marley (really just about any asshole who smokes weed that praises him as a saint but only knows two of his songs)
Alt-J
Yeasayer
Chance fans
That brief stint where Imagine Dragons was big, hated their fans
Anyone who is a fan of constantly changing Sup Forumscore chart you fucks don't have the right

Yes

>aphex twin
>autechre
maybe because they're a bit elitist, but otherwise i don't see it
>joanna newsom
nah

This site is 18+. You should get going

i've seen like millions of grimes waifufags, dunno what you're talking about

What's wrong with Newsom's fanbase in particular? Every female musician's fanbase suffers from waifuing

Hey i love the music, but like you said, all they do in the general in waifu bullshit, so I just kind of went along with it because it's the only place I can be

The only fanbases I can't stand are Bjork's and Death Grips, but Bjork's especially.

Dude there's a fucking Grimes waifufag thread up right fucking now what are you talking about
also Art Angels was baaad, at least from what i heard

Bjork, there are many waifufags in this board, but the thing is they feel entitled because "bjork is actually good so it is not waifufagging". Meanwhile they keep posting pics of her and arguing about when did she look better or who should she fuck