Hackintosh - is it really this bad?

So I "hackintoshed" my old pc, sporting a core i5 2500, 16gb of ram, a 120gb sad and a gtx 750 ti. And it is slow as shit. Is this really what all you nerds jack off over? I feel like I am using a bloated windows xp.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/TqphX5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I should say, that picture is unrelated.

user where to download macos? I have a corrupt macbook no os

And, before anyone shitposts about it my intel power state management is working fine. Just face that OS X is horrible.

If your just schedule Genius Bar appointment at an Apple store, you can have the latest version of the OS installed on your Mac for free.

Get it from the "hackintosh" discord channel.
discord.gg/TqphX5
Just ask anyone.

>a bloated windows xp.
That's fag os for ya.

Funny, I'm using an i5 4460, 8GB of ram, 2 7200rpm drives and a gtx 750 ti and it runs very fast.
Did you get the right drivers? Also what's your motherboard?

Motherboard is Joshua-H61-uATX (

What board are oyu using?

When I tried it the boot and shutdown was slow as fuck, but the actual system was alright.

I did use some kernel someone built to boot on Ryzen though.

Boot into efi and install from network
Takes hours tho

It's because the NVIDIA drivers have been a hackjob as of recently. Even community made AMD drivers are performing better which is strange considering there's no official support for non-Vega cards.

Boot time on my Mac takes about 15 seconds, and I'm running a 2012 iMac.

You're running something meant to be run on very specific hardware on something it wasn't intended to be run on. You're surprised that it doesn't run optimally. How stupid are you? The answer is "very."

Calm your butthole. Did it sound like I was bashing it or something?

>buys an imac
>calls people stupid
lmao

Hows ryzen for hackintosh? I managed to get it working on my old fx8350 sort of but it would up within minutes

It would what?
When it comes to the CPU itself it worked just fine here, with benchmarks showing its true processing power.
But I just said fuck it after rebooting 3 times to see if the AppleALC kext would work. It's too high maintenance, Gentoo is literally easier to get running 100%.

It works here, at least for XCode.
Why else will you use macOS except for their proprietary shit when you don't have another option?

Maybe you used the wrong kext. When I ran Mac OS on my Ryzen machine it worked very nicely.

It works nice. Just use Sierra from XNLC. Also, you can't use MBR, you need a different partition table.

did you ssdt your cpu faggot

>gtx 750 ti
and this may be other reason why, nvydya is bad with macos

I managed to do it on my desktop and actually quite like it. Still getting used to mac os x, but the mac community is autistic and you have to deal with so much bull shit.

Seems like a pain, just get some Linux distro if you wanna get rid of Windows.

Had hackintosh for like a year, between El Capitan and Sierra. It was neat. It wasn't bad at all. I had most shit just working fine for me.

After a while I tried latest High Sierra and what can I say, not only is it the same shit without that many improvements and APFS ain't precisely an advantage that I can appreciate, I have had more issues, such as trying to update and I have to deal with my system not getting past POST. It was ok. I just disliked how it really made hardware pretty worthless. Everyone was going all "the 280X is great! the 280X is fucking amazing!" and I get shit like slowdowns while scrolling on websites and stupid shit like that. But I miss a lot of things about it. I just can't bother now, with newer hardware and more issues.

Also, I'm not sure I want to install Sierra instead when there's 20 fucking security flaws every month now. I can't trust Apple any more than Microsoft on that front

OS X is worthless. Welcome to reality.

What's the Windows 7 equivalent of the OS X ones for a Hackintosh setup?
> Those who are a little old and still have support and don't have that Fisher Price UI

many imacs run the i5-2500. nvidia keeps drivers for all their gpus for mac because of egpu setups. the other components are generic. your overpriced hardware is not special, fanboy.

>and don't have that Fisher Price UI
That Microsoft and Linux are slavishly copying?

i5 4gen
8gb ram
mother gigabyte z97

Working fine, even some vidya.

Microsoft started with that shitty flat design...
Who's copying who?

this must be bait

So you're running a Sandy Bridge CPU and are bitching about how slow it is? Of course you're probably just an idiot. I bet you either didn't generate proper power states for your CPU or you just said fuck it and stuck yourself on El Capitan cause you are lazy/stupid. You probably didn't even install the web drivers did you?

My old build had similar hardware. Ran great, could even upgrade in-place.

Nvidia have always been spotty with their driver support on macOS. Took a year to get Pascal support and it wasn't even stable for several months after.

>Sandy Bridge
>slow

#JustFagOSThings

>i5 4690
>rx 580

Works fine with the right kext

as someone who has only browsed hackintosh forums out out curiosity, what the hell is a kext?

Applefags' special snowflake way of saying kek.

Kernel EXTension
kys

That's a fag namefag for ya.

>EXTension
thanks, that makes a lot of sense now since it seems to pertain to hardware drivers

The 27" iMac and iMac Pro are actually good computers, just save up your autism bucks and buy one of them instead of building a Hackintosh. Every other computer Apple sells right now is overpriced dog shit btw.

I hackintoshed a 2500k with 16gb of RAM and a gtx960 years ago and it was just fine even back then so you definitely fucked something up.

>macshit
>good computers
Nice meme.

>spend $5000 on a $1000 computer
>it's autism preventing you from doing that

You did something wrong, it runs flawless on my ryzen.

XP Runs better on ryzen.

Hackintosh High Sierra is baffling. I remember I used to bitch about Sierra not being all that stable but I'd take it over this garbage.

Can you make OpenVPN exclusively runs for torrent application(s) while the rests use normal connection?

os X came out around the same time as XP, and they have been building on that ever since