Honest answers

Realistically, what do you want them to upgrade, and what do you think they'll actually do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yVxmd1L-yJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everything
Nothing

>15" without the touch bar
>faceID
>Option for more than 16GB of RAM
>Cheapest MBP starts when at least 750GB SSD
>Fix the keyboard
>Bring back ports (like HDMI) that are and will be super common for at least the life of the laptop so we don't need dongles
>Fix the design so that the laptop can breathe when it sits on a bed like the every model before 2016

But realistically we will only get the option for more RAM and maybe faceID

>P3 gamut
>120Hz display
>faceID
>thinner and lighter

Fix the awful keybord.

What! I love the new keyboard. So nice for programming.

>thinner and lighter
fuck off
We do not need a thinner and lighter *pro* laptop. We're at the stage in computer components where heat dissipation is still an issue, and with current architectures for that we need better airflow and larger/better heatsinks. Then we can pack in a better CPU, GPU etc.

I'm sorry I can't decide who is right until someone gets repeating integers

The new keyboard sucks

no digits no dice compadre

Apple computers are for soyboys and retards.

I want a trackpoint.

upgrade solders to slots

Macbook Air with better screen, new gen processor and usb-c is all I'd want, sadly that's not gonna happen

4 USB C slots on every model
Removable SSD

That's all.

>Upgradable M.2 SSD and RAM
>HDMI (Optionally USB A)

>apple
youtu.be/yVxmd1L-yJA

They should sort out their keyboard I don't think the key travel was a good compromise for making the device slimmer. Would be cool if they made the trackpad work with a wacom stylus since its large enough to be a small graphics tablet

What do you think?

minor improvements and an overhaul of the airflow of the damn thing

i dont need a stovetop on my lap

fpbp as always
ive needs to be disappeared

4 core 13inch MBP with >16 GB RAM
I think that should be possible...

>Fix the keyboard. To clarify: it doesn't need more travel or anything. In fact, I think it should stay exactly the same except it doesn't get BTFO by dust.
>Remove the headphone jack (believe it or not) and substitute the Lightning port on all iPhones with USB C. This way the dongle (aux to USBC) can just stay on the end of my headphones and move seamlessly from phone to laptop. This also allows Androidfags and iOSfags to use the same charger (finally.)
>Maybe thin the bezels out a lil. I don't want a gimmicky zero-bezel display with an in-keyboard camera, just make the bezels a tiny bit thinner.
>remove Touch ID, replace with Face ID
that's about it

Apple will never make a laptop as good as this again.

They already have. Like 6 times.
>that horrid camera
>tiny single button trackpad
>so-so keyboard
>shit build quality
>non-existent battery life
literally the only good thing about it was the aspect ratio

>We do not need a thinner and lighter *pro* laptop
The whole point of a laptop is portability. If you want unfettered performance regardless of form factor, configure your own gayming desktop.
Thin and light laptops, however, are always welcome.

>your only choices are razor-thin or fatass gayman rig
The 2008 design was the best. There's no reason it needs to be that thin when it compromises the uses it's supposed to be suited for.

This fucking stupid opinion is prevalent. It makes no sense, as there is no reason we can't go back to having chunkier laptops with much more powerful hardware. The fact top-end mobile CPUs are shitter than 7 year old desktops should give you some clue that there is a middleground where people want a laptop, but also want it to perform better than a potato.

>Realistically, what do you want them to upgrade
More RAM, bigger SSD, longer battery life, a fucking touchscreen (it's 2018 already)
>, and what do you think they'll actually do?
Keep RAM at its current size, say it's quicker RAM so it's more expensive, raise the prices overall. Make it so that macOS can only be used when being online or like the MBP TB where they make an internet connection mandatory to install the OS (first mac ever that does this). Keep SSD the same size but bundle 1 year free iCloud with new computers with a lot of space to backstab customers while making ads that involve minors.
Keep the battery the size it is because the device has to be thin and only a nerd would want to be mobile. No touchscreen because who needs a stylus.
Remove ports because wifi hdds are the future (despite having done nothing at all to create a wifi hdd/sdd standard like, IDE, AHCI, RAID, NVME, AFP, SMB or FTP. Not even the new filesystem APFS was built for wifi ssds - what a fuckup if you ask me).

tl;dr tim cook should be fired. i don't know who else should do his job, but he must leave.

In my dreams:

>Change the form factor, make it clear Airs are for the plebs and Pros are for people who need to actually get shit done, make it like pic related except unibody
>Bring back ports
>Bring back the sprung doors on the ports to keep the dust out
>Bring back the removable battery so I can carry multiple for long trips away from a socket just like with a camera
>Make at least some parts user serviceable (i.e. RAM upgradeable by user, HDD/SSD bay also accessible)
>Bring back screen latch
>Bring back external battery indicator
>Go back to an LCD with near-flawless Adobe RGB colour reproduction
>Make screen compatible with Apple Pencil

In reality:
>Thinner
>Lighter
>Max 16GB RAM
>No graphic card
>One port
>Sound by Beats™
>Touchbar mandatory
>Shithouse AMOLED display

Someone persuade me not to just buy a cheap 1st-gen MacBook Pro and customize the internals to make it as powerful as possible...

I'm seeing the phrase "bring back" a lot in this thread.
Almost as if everyone wants regress instead of progress. Hmm...

>>Bring back ports
USB C with Thunderbolt 3 can do literally everything every other port can do and better. It's just that we have to wait for the peripheral/accessory manufacturers to catch the fuck up.
Soon enough, there will be cameras, external drives and midi controllers that all connect via USB C and it will be lovely. We just have to wait to get there first.

>Bring back screen latch
...why?

not him but I actually like screen latches. The sound of the latch catching when closing the lid is really comfy.

Just add Vega GPU

Almost more like apple has been making their laptops steadily worse every generation by taking away features that people want. I would gladly have a 1" thicker laptop if that meant I could have hdmi, 2 usb3, 2 usb c and an ethernet port

>what do you want them to upgrade
Decent Keyboard
Make it thicker to fit a bigger battery
add some more ports

Apart from that its perfect

>Bring back the SD card slot
>Get rid of the stupid ass touchbar
>Make the trackpad smaller
>Put quad core CPU's in their 13" models
>Allow it to be upgraded like the 2012 model

I don't expect any of this to happen, but it would be nice.

touchbar optional, true tone display, fanless 15“ which weights 1.5 kg max

I just want them to add the notch.

Why do so many people hate the Touch Bar?
What did the Touch Bar ever do to you?

I vouch for True Tone as well.

Don't bother, people that hate the touchbar, are the PC users that KNOW that PCs won't ever have a response to that because it's expensive for OEMs to put standard, and most software will ignore it, even if Microsoft adopts it.

Also, they don't know that macOS uses command keys and not F keys.

Start making your own chips/internals, Apple. Werked well on iPhone, werked well with laptops before the MacBook, should werk well now. Fuck Intel to death after that whole meltdown/spectre thing.

Shut your cock holster. I connect a Cintiq to my MBP daily, the lack of a HDMI port - and an SD card slot for easy transfer of photos - is unforgivable bullshit.

Sturdier than no screen latch, especially if you travel with your laptop a lot.

This. Their own chips in the iPhone and iPod are actually pretty good.