Which is better Microsoft Office or LibreOffice?

Which is better Microsoft Office or LibreOffice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2dgGhi7MFqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you like freedom?

Which Freedom are you talking about though?

How is the word freedom ambiguous to you?

Nah, Duty all the way.

Latex + RMarkdown.

WPS Office. Have you tried it yet?

Apache OpenOfficeâ„¢

Libre Office

It's essentially a lesser MS office. Still proprietary.
I agree that it gets shit done better than libreoffice. But then again so does Apple's office suite.

They are ok, pretty helpful for loners

Because I like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Stupid Dootyer.
>ads

2complex4me
>security vulnerabilities

Microsoft Office have more tools than Libre Office but their refusal in use reliable document formats like .odt grind my gears. Personally I migrated to Libre Office and don't miss MS Office.

MS Office is still better.

But if you're using it for simple tasks, LO 6.0 is pretty fucking good. Once you get used to the different GUI you're pretty much set.
I got both installed right now, was planning to slowly migrate everything to LO because I thought that I would encounter a lot of problems with .docx files, but that wasn't the case. LO 6.0 is handling .docx, even with tables and forms, pretty well.

Don't forget: there's also WPS Office which is multiplatform (you can do anything on your smartphone too) and Office Suit. Both free and works good.

>security vulnerabilities
Honestly I have no idea, please enlighten. Don't make me into panic mode mah man.

dumb nigger they mean freedom to do whatever they want in the program (ms office) or freedom as in some communist bullshit where the program is officially free but is riddled with bugs and is extremely limited because the people who made it were not paid and therefore did not put much effort into actually making it.

>Using abadonware
Literally why

Apache OpenOffice.

Lyx

>abadonware
>Stable release 4.1.5 (December 30, 2017; 2 months ago)

It's practically abadonware, the development is over 50 times less active than LibreOffice and has added literally no features or improvements independent of LibreOffice since the two projects split, not to mention all the financial backers of OpenOffice such as Canonical, Google or the FSF moved to support The Document Foundation instead. They can't even fix security flaws in a timely manner at this point. The only people who still stick to OpenOffice are normalfags who didn't want or know how to pirate Microsoft Office, and hopeless contrarians like (You) and the other faggot ITT.

Why are all office programs so shit? Not a single one is even near good.

They need to be designed so that any brainlet office drone can use them

Some user pointed me to AsciiDoc.
I highly recommend it.
>youtube.com/watch?v=2dgGhi7MFqo

As someone who used LibreOffice, OpenOffice and Microsoft Office for a long part in his life, trust me when I say that you should learn LaTeX ASAP. The point is that doing basic things with LaTeX is harder than doing things on your typical office writer at the beginning, whereas doing difficult things on LaTeX is much more efficient and easier than doing the same thing on any office writer. There are some things which are a pain or almost impossible to do on writers, whereas LaTeX allows you to change your document the way you wish. I've never come back to office writers since when I learnt LaTeX. I even use LaTeX for making slides and presentations now, Beamer is simply a monster.

>t. Document Foundation shill

>being this much of a turbocuck

Literally freedom is the same thing you heterosexual faggot

I've encountered a lot of problems with complex xlsx files.

Libreoffice is my choice but it shouldn't be used on a enterprise environment yet.

>abadonware
literally not an argument. Plenty of projects are done once and never updated. If it's good and works why change it? As long it remains superior to new stuff it's perfectly fine to use

Microsoft Office if you have a job.

Libre Office if you don't.

How good is the LO spreadsheet?

>as long as it remains superior to new stuff
It is already inferior to LibreOffice, it has been for years and the gap widens with every day passing. Please tell me a single reason to keep using OpenOffice.

>implying a salary equates to effort put into a product
Spotted the NEET.

>libreoffice
>not libbieoffice

CLEAR SKY OR DIE

howndoes that make me a neet, I have had a stable job for 12 years in IT

OneNote and Excel is essential for me so I bought a Home office 2016 license.