Hello Sup Forums, I am trying to learn Norwegian. I am planning on using Duolingo, a grammar book...

Hello Sup Forums, I am trying to learn Norwegian. I am planning on using Duolingo, a grammar book, and then doing some reading and listening (music and audiobooks too I suppose) in Norwegian. Is this a good strategy to learning? What else should I do? Are there any Norwegian grammar books I should look at in particular? Thank you in advance Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC86CARPxmrdksY-kzjX3EUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump?
Sorry, I don't know how fast this board moves

Why do you want to learn Norwegian?

Functionally, it's pretty useless. You might as well be learning Esperanto.

Good start, try getting someone to talk to as well as that's the single best way to stimulate your usage of the language.
Of course, talking to yourself and using videos works, but it doesn't correct possible errors you might have.
Functionally, nearly all languages are useless, like all those other people learning Norwegian, I'm guessing it's because he likes the language or some shit.
Not everything is about how useful it is.

I think it is a cool language that I am pretty interested in. It seems fairly easy too? But that might just be an idiot's opinion. Well, I suppose I would not be opposed to learning something else instead. What all could you recommend me? I don't really want to learn Spanish, and Duolingo's french course kinda sucks, I've heard. I also lost interest in German.

I mainly just want to learn another language. I guess it doesn't have to be Norwegian! But my eye is still on it for sure.

>Functionally, nearly all languages are useless,
Sorry but if you believe that you are genuinely deluded.

Why don't you go ahead and prove me wrong?

Thank you very much user! I agree, I will try to get someone to talk to in Norwegian. Any ideas on how I could go about doing that?

I was going to, but you are a Finn so you wouldn't understand. Finish is another comparatively useless language.

Interpals, despite being a dating service in disguise might be place, also try Norwegian forums, two of the big ones are: diskusjon.no and freak.no
So, you don't actually have a reason.

You don't need to know Finish/ Norwegian to communicate in Finland/ Norway. Swedish is a better option because it doesn't pigeonhole the learner into such a small group of people to communicate.

Okay, thank you! I will try them!

Your point being?

see
It makes more sense from a practical standpoint to learn a more useful language. Many native speakers of very small languages already speak something else for a lingua franca. I am sorry that you are having trouble dealing with your irrelevancy, but get over it.

This guy has some solid information about Norwegian, though he teaches like an autist.
youtube.com/channel/UC86CARPxmrdksY-kzjX3EUg
Try to make some Norwegian friends like I did too, and lurk in /norgetråden/ to learn all of the hottest memes, but don't spout the memes to Norwegian people not from Sup Forums, because no one actually says fåvæ in real life.

I'm sorry, you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension, let me help you out:
>nearly all languages are useless
Notice how it says ARE not AREN'T, but also incorporates "nearly"? I'm sure it's not too difficult to grasp, it gets even trickier though.
Currently, there are around 6500 languages. How many of those are actually useful?
Could it be... Nearly none of them?

I know common core has made it difficult for you, but at least try.

Wow, you are quite upset. My reading comprehension is fine, but thanks.

There are still a large number of languages that functionally, are not useless. I'm sure OP hasn't mastered all of them. Unless he's thoroughly obsessed with Norway for some strange reason, then it makes more sense to study Swedish.

>My reading comprehension is fine
Doesn't look like it.
>There are still a large number of languages that functionally, are not useless.
If there are 6500 languages and 500 of them are useful, it's not a large number. Sorry.

Holy shit bud, are you retarded? Explain to me then, if OP has no extraordinary interest or other relationship to Norway, why then would it make sense to learn a language spoken by a population no larger than the state of Wisconsin? Why would Swedish not be a better option?

Navajo is more useful

See these parts in particular
>I'm guessing it's because he likes the language or some shit.
>Not everything is about how useful it is.

For someone who says your reading comprehension is fine, you're pretty bad.
You also seem to think I'm disagreeing with you, that I somehow think he SHOULD learn it, I don't. I think it's stupid, but I acknowledge why someone would.
I'm seriously starting to suspect you're either extremely autistic or English isn't your first language, esé.

Thanks a bunch user! I am liking that guy's channel so far.

norwegian is easiest language for english speakers. If you plan on learning lots of languages its not a bad place to start, as you might not get as discouraged

I'm making a rational argument. If OP wants to waste thousands of hours of his life on learning a language spoken by almost no one because >lol Norway seems cool, then that's his choice. He should know that it's a waste of time before he starts though.

Is this true? It sure seems easy.

>I'm making a rational argument.
Which I said nothing against, in fact, backed up, but then you went full autismo mode.

How about you fucking learn to read, fucking chicano.

>Which I said nothing against
You spent ten or so replies telling me that OP should follow his heart, and that it doesn't matter that Norwegian is relatively useless.

>You spent ten or so replies telling me that OP should follow his heart
No, I did the opposite, I made the point that most languages are useless.
Giving pointers and understanding why someone would do X instead of Y is not condoning.

>But my reading comprehension is fine doe xDDD
Maybe for a beaner.

>I made the point that most languages are useless.
You did do that, but you also did what I said in my last post.

You are legit retarded, bud. Stop saying I said things that I didn't say.

Yea, it still has its quirks that'll confuse you from time to time, but in reality they're not all that different. Plus you'll be getting the ability to comprehend Swedish and Danish to an extent.

But you did say that, faggot.

Check your intro to logic class at the door. This is not the place for it. You must be a really awful person to spend time with.

>intro to logic
So this is what Mexicans schools are like, no wonder you can't read for shit.

you are autistic as fuck

No, I'm at work and shitposting is my only escape.