Give me one (1) good reason why I need any text editor but Notepad

Give me one (1) good reason why I need any text editor but Notepad.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_(text_editor)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's fine for most things but it chokes on large files and lacks a lot of convenience features.

Notepad++ is king

Notepad++ exists

Nonfree pig disgusting.

if you're underage and just play games all day, then all you need is notepad.

Depends what sort of files you open, anything that's not plain text you will want to open in something that atleast supports syntax highlighting.

>Notepad++
wangblows plebs go away

sublime or atom are the way to go

>syntax highlighting
why?

So it's easier to read.

But harder is better because it means you're better at computers because you like to make tasks mote difficult for no observable reason.

Are you pretending to be retarded or just underage?

- said the double spacing faggot

Makes it easier to read.

no regex. even ed from 1972 had regex.

Who is ed and why does he have reg ex?

Who the fuck are you that i should indulge in engaging in a game of diplomacy with you, you stupid sack of little irrelevant shit?

Line endings might magically disappear.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_(text_editor)

>underage
I'm not one who codes in an editor that looks like a kindergarten chalkboard

This. Ed is the standard text editor.

No UTF-8-BOM support

UTF-8 doesn't need BOM

you can't drag'n'drop 500 textfiles in it, search and replace some text in all of them, preferably using regex finally save all of them with one click

Regular expression find and replace.

>in b4 brainlet

>utf8
>bom

Syntax coloring. Line numbers. Tabs. Search across multiple files. Regex search. Tab size other than 8. Formatting. Still can't handle UNIX text files in 2018. Finally able to load text files over 32768 bytes, but takes forever to load anything sizable, like a long log. No autosave/recover after crash or power loss.

>Give me one (1) good reason why I need any text editor but Notepad.
Well, that was easy. Next!

Use vim for large files

or nano or geany or notepad++, fuck m8 you could probably do a better job in edlin....

There is no need to text edit such large fucking files.

There is no need to be a faggot, yet here you are.

lol look at this fucking idiot
>program generates a fuckhuge log file
>can't open it because Rajeesh at microsoft cant into dynamic memory management.

Yeah, just use grep and/or less......on Windows.

>sublime
>proprietary $80 for a license

>atom
>installer alone is 132MB

into the garbage they go

You don't. You don't need a computer. You don't need friends. You don't need a lover. You don't need anything more than water and bread. Actually you don't even need these because you will die even if you have plenty of them.

1. you must install malware on your computer to use it
2. it has no highlighting making it shit for writing programs, although this isn't a problem if all you do is shitpost on Sup Forums.

the windows 10 version of notepad writes tracking scripts by itself and executes them

-syntax highlighting
-non-CRLF line endings

Vim or emacs for general use, whatever IDE for larger programming projects. I'm rather liking Qt Creator.