Let's settle this once and for all: FLAC or 320kbps mp3

Which fileformat is the objectively better one for daily use?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i think mp3 is more practical, if you want high quality just go for the vinyl format

For storage , flac.
For listening, the difference hardly matter if your mp3 file is 320.

I use flac for both, storage is cheap and makes me feel secured in the knowledge that I am not missing out on any details.

>vinyl
>high quality
shit bait

npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

Post results. Please don't fake it and be honest.

If you don't have the storage for lossless you're a dirt poor teenager

4/6. Mistook wav for 320 on the third and fifth question. The Mozart question was the hardest one.

I never listened to a lossless file in my life, (except from now in the test if those really were lossless) v0 is my go to file type, completely satisfied with it and my current setup.

I use Ogg Vorbis for everyday use (the slightly smaller file sizes add up over thousands of songs), but keep FLAC on hand for transcoding, time stretching, and other operations where it's good to have more information.

4/6

fucked up Suzanne Vega and Neil Young.

FLAC is pointless unless you're some kind of archive fiend or seriously into torrenting. Not everyone has a phone with an SD slot so 320kb mp3 makes sense for practical use.

3/6 with some shit headphones. The 128s were easy to pick out, couldn't actually tell a difference between wav and 320.

3/6, didn't pick any 128kbps though.

It can be if you sink a little money into your system. Just because all your friends have Crosleys doesn't mean there aren't good setups.

3/6

I swear I was just guessing though.

see

Not everyone listens to music on their phone.

impossible to distinguish between 320 and flac without high-end setups, anyone refusing to accept that is a sad poser

Burn the Witch has obvious differences on laptop speakers, it depends on the track.

4/6

fucked up Mozart and Coldplay

Is this b8?

AAC

>tfw your shitty internet tells you all the answer by stuttering on high bit-rate sample.

v0 > 320

Anyone who doesn't understand it should go back to primary school.

Ideally every single redundant cbr apologist deserves violent kicking in the head.

3/6 with average headphones. 320 vs. lossless is tough to call but 128 is way different.

4/6

mp3.
oversampling of a flac means less sampling noise, but for me its not worth it. I dont want to spend my life searching flac copies, and I dont have storage

5/6 but I didn't listen to them I just randomly clicked, I use sennheisers btw