New Autechre waiting thread

Autechre has dropped a new track out of nowhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=mKs8HVjC3oc

We wait, and discuss our hopes for this new material.

Other urls found in this thread:

residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=34806
youtube.com/watch?v=sobAodjaEJg
youtube.com/watch?v=Huny02GCj6I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for lushness

The only album I really enjoyed of theirs was Amber. Track 4: Slip was definitely out of place on that one.

feed1 is so mediocre

just L-event plus more noise

Still not over that 9 hour live album. New track is great God knows how much music they will put out this time, every time they do these bursts of content they keep getting more absurdly large

that's pretty A E s t h e t i c lad.

I would be amazing if they do something like Richard did, just upload a bunch of tracks they've scratched from records.

"so mediocre" really m8, do you like L-event?

I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days when they get old and want to retire they just drop like a 30 hour album

I really like the new track myself, but I do have to agree that L-event was mediocre by their standards. The first two tracks were pretty great, but the second two were shit, especially the one that sounded like a cat vomiting

What are your top 5 releases (albums and EPs)?
Mine are:
1. Confield
2. Tri Repetae
3. Garbage
4. LP5
5. Exai

Untilted
Draft 7.30
EP7
Amber
Garbage

Exai
Tri Repetae
Confield
Amber
Untilted

untilted
tri repetae
oversteps
chiastic slide
exai

Confield
LP5
Exai
Tri Repetae
Amber

Untilted
Exai
Oversteps
Amber
Draft

1. LP5
2. Oversteps
3. Untilted
4. Garbage
5. Draft

exai
ep7
confield
draft
untilted

Oversteps
Garbage
Tri Repetae
Gantz Graf
Draft 7.30

I love the new track.

But can understand why you don't.

Most of their songs on each album have a different feel so I wouldn't worry about the whole album (if there is one) sounding like feed1

I wonder if the track was made live in real time, hence feed1

Draft 7.30
Confield
Amber
Exai
LP5
Oversteps (because fuck the 5 releases rule, it's good too)

I for one am glad they're doing some super fucked and abstracted industrial and noisy techno with the new track.

Tri Repetae
Envane
Quaristice
Peel Session
EP7

Yeah, it's nice to see the lads go hard again since it's been a while since Gantz Graf. I get the industrial techno comparison but it feels much more organic to me.

same, I hope we get a really dark sounding album

>almost 6 in the UK
well no announcement today i reckon

Wheres this guy? Is the chart going to happen?

I actually forgot about it, I'm about to get some food maybe and then I'll get on it

1. LP5
2. Incunabula
3. Confield
4. Untilted
5. Tri Repetae

Sounds good my dude, take your time.

Nice. Can't wait to see it.

Are we on a golden age of eternal /ae/ generals?

This looks like scenes from Tetsuo

Results from the voting so far:

Tri Repetae - 7
Untilted - 7
Confield - 6
Draft 7.30 - 6
Exai - 6
Amber - 5
LP5 - 5
Oversteps - 5
Garbage - 4
EP7 - 3
Incunabula - 1
Chiastic Slide - 1
Quaristice - 1
Peel Session - 1
Envane - 1
Gantz Graf - 1

Confield
Quaristice (FITE ME)
EP7
Gantz Graf
Chiastic Slide (FITE ME AGAIN MOTHERFUCKERS)

Draft 7.30
Confield
Chiastic Slide
Untilted
LP5

1. Untitled
2. Exai
3. Incunabula
4. Basscad EP
5. Confield

what does this expression convey?

the joy of being a chav

challenge
readiness
intelligence

>"wot's dat m8 u tryna tell me and me lad 'ere that u don' 'ave ur wallet on ya? strip him, Rob"

seems pleased with himself

What do these expressions convey?

It's worse than the soundcloud threads music

yikes

Gtfo babby.

aloofness
superiority
playfulness (the guy playing with his booger)
detachment

>rob
existential terror
>sean
'avin a giggle

bumpчe

Is Mira Calix the wife of Sean?

That's what it says on her RYM page.

Is this actually "new" material or is it archival?

autechre remix of Moroder topkék
residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=34806

They divorced.

>existential terror
lol

never was too big into autechre until this new track. anything like it?

their last album and ep
arguably also confield in a way

AE_LIVE

LP5
Untilted
Confield
Draft 7.30
Anvil Vapre

It's pretty good f@m

parts of exai, l-event, gantz graf and especially ae_live

thanks lads

How do they do it

How do they make those sounds

It's blowing my mind they don't even sound like anything from Earth

MaxMSP

let's place bets on how hard pitchfork will pan lp12

It'll be a 6.3.

1. Confield
2. Untilted
3. Draft
4. LP5
5. Chaistic Slide

Qaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae
Exai
Confield
LP5
EP7

exai
tri repetae
oversteps
confield
draft 7.30

Confield
Exai
Chiastic Slide
Envane
Anvil Vapre
AE_Live

Did six cause I suck

>liking straight arca

>liking curved autechre

nice, Quadrange is top tier shit, cavernous

damn, did you guys know that the live performance from coil's "and the ambulance died in his arms" was recorded at the atp fest autechre curated?

just found that out yesterday

Ae also sampled sex with sun ra part 1 in osla for n

Yep, sad that their plans for a collab never went anywhere.

the most frustrating part was that they never did anything with the beats/instrumental they sent to them. like, jhonn and sleazy said that there was nothing they could do to improve upon it and that it was basically beyond reproach yet ae just archived them? sean pls

youtube.com/watch?v=sobAodjaEJg

>1:58
>GAME!

ae didn't archive them, they deleted them because that's how sean and rob do things.

sean said they archived them in the aaa but i wouldn't be surprised if they did just delete them lol

these are the same blokes that didn't keep ANY recordings whatsoever from their best tour after all.

lads if we're gonna have a general then let's try to keep in contained in one thread. my biggest fear is them becoming the next dg or anco in terms of memery.

honestly, I was waiting for a teaser track. I've said it before and I'll say it again: their live sets tend to preface an album announcement, and they did two live sets earlier this year. I'm not entirely surprised by this, but I am EXCITED AS FUCK.
>L-event was mediocre by their standards
it was just a bunch of exai b-sides that didn't fit into the narrative, if you could call the cool calculation of exai a narrative. l-event was forgettable to me

agreeing with this, some of the basslines on this are fuckin insane. so hype for a new album

they will never reach dg or anco in meme status. you should know this.

i know, but it still scares me mate :(((

m39 diffain is really great though - but anytime ae go full hip-hop i'm on board. i still think newbound was a total pisstake though.

5. Tri Repetae
4. Untilted
3. LP5
2. Confield
1. Exai

>L-event was mediocre by their standards
I agree, but i still think it's a good listen. I liked it a lot. However, Exai stills freaking better. I think L-event wouldn't fit into Exai anyway (except for newbound) Also, i'm digging the track.

Absolutely. Newbound was cheesy as fuck and Osla was like a really bad version of Bine (one of my fav tracks), Tac was a banger though and m39 was very atmospheric.
Pitchfork really showed they don't understand or care about Autechre when they gave it a higher score than Exai

it showed that they all have low attention spans
who gives a fuck about p4k

I can't stop listening to this, the granular bits in the last 3rd or so that are coated in reverb, fuuuuckin A DUDE. FUCK.

Wow, I had no idea most people thought L-event was so weak. It's definitely a divisive track, but Osla for n showed that they had not plateaued in terms of experimentation. Perhaps their strangest tune ever.

I don't really hear the similarities between Osla and Bine, hmm.

someone shop out the ciggy and put an italian chef's hat on his head

delicious!

I'm hoping to listen to some dark/industrial stuff too, but also something like Confield. Really liked that kinda creepy feel that a lot of the tracks had in that album.

maybe not the best comparision, it's more like a slow version of it with all the frantic beats and emotive drones stripped out and just the sucking noise left in that has been amplified to an intolerable level before eventually being cut away to nothing particularly interesting. Come to think of it, it's nothing like Bine.
It's slightly better than newbound, but they both rank as some of their least interesting compositions and I really don't want to relisten to them

why do i like Olsa for n so much if it's just 8 minutes of an alien coughing?

>maybe not the best comparision, it's more like a slow version of it with all the frantic beats and emotive drones stripped out and just the sucking noise left in that has been amplified to an intolerable level before eventually being cut away to nothing particularly interesting. Come to think of it, it's nothing like Bine.

lol'd

I'm thinking that, too. A lot of people have been hating this track, yet i like it a lot.

Yeah but did you hear my new acid techno track guys? Well lush innit

*makes farty bassline sound*

?

i think i like osla so much because it kind of subverted the "autechre formula." like usually they have a constructed track before totally disintegrating and deconstructing it into little formless bits (surripere and simmm are prime examples).

with osla, it starts off completely amorphous and aimless before slowing building into something a bit more concrete. i'm not explaining myself well but w/e lol

hey choof, did you see the message i sent to your bandcamp?

youtube.com/watch?v=Huny02GCj6I

how is this not a full-blown meme