Have you backed up today, Sup Forums?

Have you backed up today, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/news/apple/macos-may-lose-data-due-to-apfs-filesystem-bug/
borgbackup.org/
github.com/bup/bup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>fagintosh
What even is the point when you use antique trash like HFS or garbo perpetual beta shit like aPOOfs?
bleepingcomputer.com/news/apple/macos-may-lose-data-due-to-apfs-filesystem-bug/

Hi David

Hi user (。>﹏

Snapper on openSUSE, so probably at least a couple of times.

# systemctl list-timers, abbreviated:
1 day left 5 days ago bup-run.timer bup-run.service

So no, it'll run some time after 24h from now.

you faggot, how do you live with the constant reminder to back up that you can't turn off?

Never think I've come across anyone using bup. Do you like it? Is it reliable?

You can turn off automatic backups, which disables the warning. The warning is there to remind you that the automatic part of "automatic backups" isn't working (disk not plugged in, etc.)

Does this mean you're not using ext4?

Good thing OP has a backup available if that happens :^)

ITS BEEN FUCKING OFF

Not today but i dont need to work's on github everything else doesn't matter

> Do you like it? Is it reliable?
Yes, absolutely. Passed all checks I threw at it after having experienced quite a few other backup tools.

And so far, yes, but the authors warn it's alpha software. I'm probably able to fix something if something not too difficult goes wrong, YMMV.

--

Also, in case someone was just reminded and wants to use good open sauce backup tools rather than some weird inefficient apple toy:
borgbackup.org/
github.com/bup/bup

Attaboy i wrote my own but thats the way you should

Works On My Machine™

All my work is on GH too but I've spent so much time setting up dev environments that it would be annoying to lose them (dotfiles, scripts and shit that I can't make public because they contain secrets/etc)

Yeah I went with btrfs. It was what originally drew me into openSUSE. Easy btrfs setup with snapper (and encryption). XFS (IIRC) for /home though.

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

if i backup again today will it not ask anymore?

Give it a shot. I do only manual backups and I never get notified to back my stuff up (sometimes have gone months before realizing "oh fuck, I haven't backed up")

>I do only manual backups and I never get notified to back my stuff up (sometimes have gone months before realizing "oh fuck, I haven't backed up")

that's how i like my backups

manual

and once every 5 months

I actually also had some scripting at some point that might almost have been called a backup tool, but I never had the presence of mind to use an equally good method of checksumming files or such tricks. And ultimately it wasn't that good.

This is now super easy and quite nice and clever. Has a few things that would still be nice to have, but nothing essential is missing for my usage.

Backups. Apple just 'invented' them a few years back. Fuck you Mac trash machine.

The other joke is how exactly they do them. Somehow this needed (needs?) a protocol extension to the SMB3 networking protocol and as far as I could tell there was no way to back up to multiple destinations or configure anything that people would typically configure with their backups.

fpbp

Why are you so upset that Apple gave people the ability to back their shit up?

>time machine
>pictureofapplelogoasasstakingashit.jpeg

>Bug affects only APFS sparse disk image files
Nigger.

>fagOS
iNigger.

It just works :^)

Mactoddlers BTFO

Thankfully I did not pay for my macOS partition.