Gpus are expensive as fuck and crypto isnt going anywhere

why hasnt anyone turned these fuckers into makeshift desktop pcs?
you get a thriving online gaming community console with some functionality of pc.
>make emulators work, gamecube and ps2
>add word processors
>desktop apps to launch thirdparty apps like fl studio, android developer kits, ect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/bryaneasy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just install yellow dog linux on it

can it go back to playing xbox games tho and xbox apps?

can yellow dog linux play ps2 emulation? or any emulation at all?

Issue is with both Xbox One and PS4 is while they are x86 they are not PCs so it's not like it's easy to just toss in any old desktop software and this is before you get past the clusterfuck of lock downs put on these consoles

who gives a shit

Damn aren't those thing like x86? Both ps4 and xboxone. I'm happily buying both for replacing my old dekstop desu.

because microsoft makes more money off the 12 year olds that use it than they would if they just released it as a regular PC running vanilla windows 10.

pc is becoming obsolete with the only uses being on workstation or enthusiast niche factors.
pc is terrible as a gamemachine. smartphones are becoming the laptop and consoles are getting more attention as released titled are on them first. no one wants to spend an upwards of 600 dollars to go through trouble of setting up anything.

gamerfag

>assuming there is no hardware lock on these consoles
>having to configure working drivers to work with the OS you want

They aren't bad alternatives to gaming, you will most likely pay more to play games (including online).
I'd rather spend a little more than the price of a console for an entry level PC build. You can get a GTX 1050 or an RX 560 pretty cheat rn.

its technology based. dumb nigger.

xbox one prices are 200 and up. you get a complete set up along with playing with your friends or other people, which is a majority of the market.

pc is good but its more of a tool or appliance that can be a gaming machine. but the community is a ghost town.

>community is a ghost town
imagine being this retarded

Wow didn't even know they were that cheap rn. I was thinking they were the same as the PS4 ($300).

I wouldn't say the the community on PC is a ghost town at all on PC. Depends on which games you are referring to.

xbox one used are cheap as fuck. which is why i brought up the subject of turning them into a pc while getting all the better benefits of a console.

only one or two games are on going, the rest pc has to offer is worse than madden shovelware.

PC gaming is dead.

Crypto-niggers killed it.

Because they're locked down to all shit

or maybe a developer can make desktop apps for it.

Go play your little games and leave the tech to us you dumb porch monkey.

games suck ass now anyways, so unless ur a brainlet u are only buying older games so something cheap like a used 970-tier is fine.

at least a porch money can shit in the toilet, pajeet.

> and leave the shitposting to us you dumb porch monkey
ftfy
have a watch of this channel and get an idea of what sort of budget potato computers you can build for gaming console money.
youtube.com/user/bryaneasy

>so unless ur a brainlet u are only buying older games so something cheap like a used 970-tier is fine.
pc doesnt have alot of the 360 titles. the whole point is that i can buy a xbox one used for like 200 dollars and have the option to make it into a desktop pc if available.

No, they can't, because they're locked down to absolute shit.
If you do anything that might interfere with Microsofts or Sonys bottom line, I.E. making them do anything useful in terms of multimedia that they could have instead sold you, then your shit isnt getting approved.
On top of that the hardware, interface, and security restrictions make these completely fucking impossible to develop any kind of meaningful application for.

Have you USED the spotify app? The youtube app? Hulu? Amazon Prime? They're all complete and utter dogshit because these things are *not meant to be developed on* for those purposes.
They're still streamlined gaming machines, and always will be. They are not designed to be general purpose computing devices.

>community is a ghost town

unlike consoles there's hundreds if not thousands of thriving, active communities, not just 90% of the playerbase on a couple fotm titles.

I agree. I'm a software engineer but I don't even own a desktop. I do all of my gaming with a console. I'd love to try cuda programming one day, but I don't know anything about graphics cards.

>have a watch of this channel and get an idea of what sort of budget potato computers you can build for gaming console money.
i see that, but that takes setting up and trouble shooting. my last experience building a pc was faulty parts, finding a windows os and all sorts of shit.
whats so wrong with converting a console machine into a desktop that can do word processing, make music on, and have emulators utilizing the gpu.

Xbox One S was $189 at lots of places a few months ago.

yeah I have a x1 too but its for the purpose of buying use games that I know I wont replay often so I end up spending like $10-20 on a game instead of $60 after counting the resale.

>i see that, but that takes setting up and trouble shooting. my last experience building a pc was faulty parts, finding a windows os and all sorts of shit.
Fair enough. Much like the techtubers, I guess I take for granted a back catalog of old PC parts between myself and my two brother's over the last 10 years that can be swapped out to eliminate broken parts. Still, there's plenty of already running second hand PCs out there for dirt cheap prices.
At the moment it's bloody hard to beat an Xbox One X for the money.