ITT best phones you've ever owned

In stark contrast to the "worst phones you've ever owned" thread, post the best phones on the market from a value/malleability perspective.

Gonna put Ubuntu Touch on mine soon.
(Oneplus has never made a better phone, everything else has sucked)

I actually had the OnePlus one until last year, I didn't really need to upgrade, everything was still smooth and it did everything I wanted it to do. But I still went and got the 3t midnight black just because I had it for so long.

How's that jelly amoled? Oneplus has never made a proper successor to the one. They all have disgusting flaws. The only "flaw" with the one is the lack of microsd.

Wasn't that specific to the 5?

Came for the keyboard, stayed for the battery life. This thing's the energizer bunny of smartphones, it just keeps going after 9 hours SOT.

All Oneplus amoled implementations afaik

I've never noticed it on my 3t or 5t

What can I put on it in the way of roms? I would love something secure like copperhead os, or something de-googlefied. Would make for the perfect android device desu. Almost as perfect as pic related.

You can't root it or install a non-official OS. If that matters to you there are better options.

B-But I want that keyboard for SSH. What are my options?

Embrace the botnet and buy it. There aren't any phones on the market today with a physical keyboard.

Fuck your botnet. I want AOSP, Ubuntu Touch or bust.

Often touted here, the redmi note 4. Got it for cheap, can't believe how good it is. Though I did flash a custom, rooted and xposed

this>all

nope it was the 5 with the screen installed upside down, refreshing the screen upside down

Nexus 5. Best deal I've ever made.

Yeah I wanna get a Nexus 5, despite having a Oneplus One just so I can have an android device as a backup for apks whilst I use my One for ubuntu touch. But the Nexus 5 ain't supported by copperheadOS, fuck.

holy shit yes

Droid 1/2 with landscape keyboard.

Mytouch 2 slider landscape.
Sony Experia landscape.

Only the OP5 had jelly scrolling you numbnut

Probably the Nokia N95 8Gb, had it from like 2004-2007. Great phone.

OnePlus 3T

I love everything about it (although the camera is lackluster)

Does this even work on any US carriers with 4G?

Hm i really liked my lg env1, idk how good the sequels were. The env touch sucked however

Galaxy Note 4. It had everything I wanted, and everything I still want. I went full retard and traded it in for a Nexus 6 because I thought I wanted the speakers. Fuck.

Anyone know if a Note 4 is worth buying these days? Are there band limitations to it in regards to 4g on either AT&T or T-Mobile?

>worst
Galaxy s3
>Best
Z3+. Still have it and works like it did on the first day.

Nokia N9
t. Former Android user, current iPhone user.

This thing here. Best phone I've had in a long while.

I miss my Lumia 735. Windows Phone 8.1 on that thing was beautiful

Anyone remember this one? Shipped with windows mobile 6.5,

then had the following ported to it: windows phone 7, windows phone 8, Android 4,5,6,7 etc., Ubuntu phone, MEEGO, Windows RT, Firefox os, web OS and a lot more. Hands down best phone I ever owned.

The global version has band 4 so it has partial 4G support for AT&T and T-Mobile (+ their MVNOs). Several people have reported receiving 4G with it but YMMV.

Used this for the past 2 years. Never had any problems with it. Definitely the best I've had so far.

this plus pic rel
still have both

I think this was the best.

t.Normie

Oneplus one was pretty based, only thing that it was missing was a biometric sensor.

>biometric sensor

Basically no phone had any sort of biometrics when it was released, it wasn't a thing yet. You better be joking user.

>sd card slot.
>removable battery.
>water resistance (at least if you splatter a glass of water on it or you use it in the rain outside)

This was the last flagship phone that didn't got the "jewish trick" feature of the non-removable battery that requires to dissasemble the whole fucking phone just to replace the battery...

Get an Xperia X and Sailfish on it, its the closest thing youll get

HTC EVO 3D
I loved the rear dual cameras for capturing 3D photos and videos. I could also watch any 3D photo or video from anywhere such as YouTube or downloaded 3D movies from various sites.
3D format movies played really nice on the screen without any need for 3D glasses.
I miss this type of phone the most.
HTC was really super innovative during its peak time.

>Xperia X
They're going to support the Xperia XA2 at some point, so I'll consider it. Still, I wish HMD and Jolla got back together and put it on the upcoming Nokias.

I miss Lumia's design. Was sexy as fuck.

>Lumia

I didn't say it was Lumia, retard

You didn’t but the Lumia’s design was copied from the N9.

touché, I'm the retarded one.

we would have tons of cool shit like this now if we hadn't bought into the ecosystem botnet that trapped us with Google and Apple.

Thank you for acknowledging my autsim when it comes to Nokia's whole GNU/Linux journey.

I'm using a Moto e4. It's dirt cheap and it's got a fingerprint sensor, 2gb of RAM and google assistant. Other than the shoddy camera which is to be expected for the price I have zero complaints, it's better than more expensive phones I've had in the past.

I miss my nexus 4, it was pretty great. It didn't require excel at anything, it was just a great little phone that did everything you need it to, with limitless potential for rooting and roms

>didn't require
Didn't really*
Oops

Huawei mate 10

>He cares about cameras
I tape up every camera. There's no use for them other than for spying on you.

We wish but Jolla is still butthurt, so there's little chance they'll release a Nokia with official Sailfish support.

Any experiences with the refurb ones from AliExpress? I've bought one for like 40 amerishekels, what to expect?

Honestly, I want oneplus made a new phone that looks like the one, has the power of the 3t (that's all the power you'd ever need), has a big ass battery and the fingerprint sensor on the bottom like the 3. That would be perfect.

the note 3 was ridiculous compared to the competition for a few years. it had the largest display, highest resolution and best stylus integration available while keeping a removable battery and expandable storage. the only con IMO was that it was built too plasticky which ended up being its downfall.

Best keyboard on a phone I ever had!

>The Galaxy S' hot younger sister

same guy as above
2nd best phone...

Nexus 5

I'm using a cheap ass chink phone while still looking for a worthy successor, haven't found one yet.

i've been using this for a year and it's so slippery that it already has a few cracks, something that never happened to me with any other phone in the past

Nope. I'd expect a lot of the social integration as well as the store, and really anything that relies on web services to be broken at this point.
The base OS is good, but try to update it to the latest version if you can.
Browsing the web will be a struggle because the phone was underpowered at launch, even more so now.

Seconded. Fantastic phone. Still runs like new.

Nexus 5, ran LineageOS on it and it was blazing fast, mic stopped working so I sold it for 50 euro's and bought a Oneplus 2 for 100. Running Lineage on the OP2 and its blazing fast scoring 120k in antutu with 5 hours of sot

Owned Nexus 5 too.
I use OnePlus 3 after that and still am currently.
And I am happier with the OnePlus 3.

Get a used oneplus 2 its like a nexus 5 on steroids

Unironically chinkshit has been my best experience with Android.

Had a Droid 2 Global - no ROMs, lag. Droid 4 - same thing. HTC One M7 - no stable ROMs without random crashes and bullshit, but converting it to Google play edition made it stable and light.

Redmi Note 3 Pro - holy shit it's fast and 3x the battery of my past phones holy shit a million ROMs holy shit everything in the ROMs works flawlessly

Mi Mix 2: basically low bezel meme nicer redmi note 3 pro, for what it matters. Miss ir blaster and not headphones

The battery life was shit what are yu saying

I bought my wife a Moto G4+ like two years ago. She needs an upgrade as we are currently living in Germany.

Any recommendations??

I was thinking of the Honor 7x

HTC desire Z

ayyyyyy

I posted the American version above!

to bad it's stuck on kitkat. Why did they stop making phones with physical keyboards

I went from that to the Samsung Epic 4G. I know the last decent phone with a keyboard was the Motorola Droid 4.

I think they stopped making them because people wanted thinner phones and better battery life. This left no room for the keyboard. Towards the end of its life I just flat out stopped using the keyboard at all. At times it just didn't make sense anymore. Sometimes I miss it but not as much as I thought because of how good touch typing has become.

>to bad it's stuck on kitkat
>hurr newer is means better
You don't deserve to have one

2large4me

No it doesn't, unless you flash some custom rom it's slow as brick today

Meant for

Also still got mine, it's got some age marks on it tho, hope it'll still last me years. I hate to change phones

>stop making phones with physical keyboards
Blackberry Keyone. It's not landscape keyboard, but it's still better than touch.

>better battery life
How's that connected with the worse duration with physical keyboard? If anything, physical keyboard makes battery last longer, because it doesn't need an additional software to run.
>how good touch typing has become
Still worse than a good physical keyboard

Galaxy S4. Light years better than the S5 that replaced it

If someone remade it with modern hardware, I'd buy it in an instant.

I cri evrytiem

the new Nokias are shaping up to be fantastic

7 Plus looks like the perfect midrange phone if you don't mind it being huge

This was my first serious phone that wasn't just something my parents gave me to call them back after school.

Fucker was used till 2013, still works, but too slowly even for my elderly aunt.

This one I used so much the buttons got basically completely ground away. I texted to my first love so much text that I basically became proficient at blind T9 typing (like, I mean, not even watching the screen). Very memorable phone to me, and very fast iirc, but the meme proprietary connector was dogshit.

Best phone I owned was my Nexus 5X until it went and bootlooped on me after a year. Fuck LG

is that a trap?

Wish I had a chance to use this more extensively than I did. The buttons weren't as good as W610i's, but it still was a beast. Those late Nokia Symbian smartphones were fucking state of the art.

But I sold it because I had to move to a different country.

I believe that Japanese keitai from early 2010s were the most beautiful phones ever made. It all went downhill from there, sadly.

It wasn't a great phone usability-wise, but holy fuck, did it look gorgeous.

After that it was various smartphones, but they don't give you that feeling of satisfaction. The best smartphones I owned almost managed to be invisible (as in not annoying) for the most part, but still.

I need a phone for work, as cheap as I can get. Does anyone know of a "good" flip phone with no smartshit functionality, maybe no camera, and cheap? Seriously, if I can get it for $15 on ebay I'll be very happy.

No smartphone crap please. Thank you!

5x or Galaxy Nexus were best

Use the B.B. android version and install termux then install ssh...

You are wrong, only the 5 has that

tfw still using mine. Love the design and size but it's getting considerably slow

desu I still use a Note 3 cause, well, it still works just fine and I can't be assed buying a new device.

unfortunately yes

Well mine is in a pretty grippy case.