Do you like Windows 10 now?

Do you like Windows 10 now?

If I am carrying a double barreled shotgun and I see a Pajeet... Pajeet will lose his face and most of his head.

Windows 10 is Windows 7 re-skinned and it is better than 8.1. Sure MS changed its revenue model but it's only trying to stay relevant. If you are using android with google services baked in and solving captchas to post here, you can't complain about Windows 10. It makes you sound like a leftist commie faggot who posts fuck capitalism from his iphone.

No. I tried using it briefly, until it asked me which type of ads I wanted to see. It also didn't help that it only lets you activate it on the computer tied to the account that you first installed the "free upgrade" on.

So I went back to Server 2016.

>Server 2016
Care to share your experience? Any programs that cause problems? How do you even activate this?

I got it free through Microsoft "Imagine". Initially, you just have to enable some features/services like audio and wireless LAN, then it behaves like a normal desktop OS.

Certain "free" (proprietary) software is set to blacklist the server OS because the developers don't consider it to be "personal use", but that is pretty rare.

Gives you more control than the non-server editions. Don't have to worry about Cortana, Windows Store, or ads either.

Fuck off, Mohammad

>Windows 10 is Windows 7 re-skinned and it is better than 8.1.
No. It's 8.1 re-skinned with more botnet, less user control, forced updates for home users, half-baked updates that aren't QA'd, inconsistent UI everywhere, loss of backwards compatibility, ads etc.
>Sure MS changed its revenue model but it's only trying to stay relevant.
Jewish tricks

Some intel drivers are too. You need to mod the .inf and install the driver in test mode as a result

Fuck no. Still restarts without asking.

Like? Idk, seems fine.

If you're paranoid you can use Enterprise LTSB, which comes without the Store and all that crap, but you also lose access to nifty features that come with the latest feature updates like Night light.

It's not impossible to de-botnet it, as some are saying. All its connections are visible in the Network tab of the Resource Monitor program. If you're smart enough, you know how to remove any connections to their servers. But that means you block everything that could download something from them, including updates. You can enable manual updates, but you may be the last to get feature updates.

Get enterprise, no matter what, you have plenty of tools to control it.

Windows 10 still looks like work in progress, there are some parts which are ok, and many others which still suck.

No. Nothing changed really. It's still a mediocre OS with additional spyware.

No, I've got LTSB installed and it's still annoying as hell. I don't know why I even bother anymore. I've gone through 3 different Windows Pro installs in just over a year, updates keep breaking shit. Hopefully, LTSB won't be as bad.

Of course. It runs perfectly and has no issues (LTSB version, but even Pro just takes a few clicks to fix).

Something Heppen

yep best OS on the market and eveything just werks. Also I want muh video games.

Windows XP is better

memest of OSes

>Pass user
>not paid shill

choose only one, also opinion discarded with extreme prejudice.

>Macromedia flash 8
>Winamp
>4:3
>LIMEWIRE
Holy shit it's like stepping back into 2005 again

I've unironically liked it since it released.
>Runs well like 8.1 but faster
>Boot time is ridiculous
>Runs vidya
>search is pretty ok
>better start menu (I still go full screen tiles)
>notification drawer is far better

I still don't like the bullshit windows store app memes, they're universally trash, but it's otherwise a good OS. I also don't really care about spying desu, it's not ideal, but I'm not very interesting either so meh.

No. It'll take a lot more than adding some rectangles and shadows to it's logo to make me like it.

>Flash 8
>3ds Max 9
Is that you, Chris?

It feels so cozy

Oh man.
Comfy nights watching Azumanga with my headphones on to drown out the jet turbine of a cooler keeping my 3ghz Prescott cool.
Where has the time gone?

>now
Why? What happened?

you still couldn't pay me to use it

>using an os that comes with candy crush and minecraft pre installed.

No. Windows was a piece of trash joke OS the last time I checked. Haven't done so recently but I've used other people's Windows computers regularly since I switched back when Windows 98 was popular and it's always a crappy joke OS.

that google abuses you doesn't mean it's fine
that some people (not me) depend on google doesn't mean they deserve more bs in the OS they paid for with actual money

>If you are using android with google services baked in and solving captchas to post here, you can't complain about Windows 10
Uh, what?

No, but I have to use it because of software that I need to run.

It doesn't you dipshit and if you ever used it you would know that

It doesn't matter. Eventually support will end for other versions and you'll be forced to upgrade, because of missing/old/broken drivers and no support for newer hardware. AMD and Intel have already sunset'd support for win8.1, soon 7 will follow. You could always move to a linux env, but muh vidya, etc etc.

No

>implying I need to ""upgrade"" my PC for the next decade, except my GPU, probably.
7 will work just fine, even after winblows 10 will go EOL in 2025.

He obviously fucked something up while "ricing"

>except my GPU, probably.
And AMD has end driver releases for win8.1 already, as an example. You won't be able to run rx6xx card on win8.1, possibly even win7 - who knows.

I have a Titan X Pascal. Why would I even consider AyyMD?

It's a clean install.

I actually just set up a laptop with windows 10 for my grandmother and it definitely did

I made a custom install ISO of Win10 Pro with all bullshit like cortana, onedrive, apps, store etc removed
Managed to disable enough services and tasks so that it didn't look for updates by itself anymore too
Became decent with Classic Shell and after every clean boot the OS only took just under 900mb of RAM
But holy shit do I hate the "settings" ""app"", I cannot even look at it without my blood pressure rising so just went back to windows 7

>I did incredible amounts of effort to make windows 10 as nice as 7 but it failed so I went back to 7
WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS???

I never liked this shit, ever. Migrating my (it's actually not mine but I'm the sysadmin) to Windows 10 was a mistake. I'm currently fighting with W10 1709 (we're still using 1511) which is so fucking infested with dogshit it's driving me insane. I'm actually thinking to give up and just release the update as is without any customization because no matter what it's impossible to customize this shit to not include all sorts of retarded bullshit like "mixed reality portal", and then WSUS doesn't work properly, notification for updates are not shown properly, the lockscreen doesn't work properly, I had issues updating on most of my test pcs (which just got stuck forever at 100% randomly), it's just a shit, and even them most of the policies I actually need are locked behind corporate and education version while all of our PCs came with or were updated to Pro.

Any other windows sysadmin here? How did you deal with 1709 in your company?

Oh and let me tell you, this update takes upwards to 90 minutes to do its thing on weaker systems and then I still have to manually run scripts to strip it of all the shitty apps (but not all of them because some are persistent like Mixed Reality).

Fuck my life, how am I supposed to migrate to this goddamn travesty of an os while keeping my clients presentable? God damn.

it's getting better at least. had only one weird breaking bug recently (yesterday) when i unplugged an usb device and windows froze with blue screen out of nowhere, had to restart.

aside from that it's been a comfy OS lately. i remember when i couldn't even boot it up without having to fix something on start up. it was a complete disaster about 2 years ago.

>they added so much useless shit it now outnumbers the actually useful shit
>you can't even remove most of it anymore because muh corporate/educational sku
>adding retarded and ugly transparencies and weird effects "almost" everywhere

>getting better

is it less-than-criminal tier spyware yet?

They are links to the store, not installed programs. At least now you know

No.

>tells me a million times that my license is about to expire
>updates are Satan's spawn and even after altering the registry it still gave me shit
>after the license finally expired (after it literally kept telling me for literal days, closing ANYTHING i had on every 5 minutes) - i just reset the key with some kinda sketchy application.
>spyware around every corner disguised as "info that you send to Microsoft to enhance the experience"
There is literally nothing in it that's better or even comparable to Windows 7 or XP.

Oh god, kys Yulija. You're not welcome here

>nifty features
>you may be the last to get features
>"Oy vey, you don't want to be left out of all the newest and neatest toys, do you?"

All I want is a machine that runs Photoshop and Maya natively and fucks out of my business.