rateyourmusic.com/~ChromiumBitch
rateyourmusic.com/~todestrieb
rateyourmusic.com/collection/EtInArcadiaEgo/r0.5-5.0,typs/1
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/67174559/#q67179231
rateyourmusic.com/~Montie_Ray
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>active dislike
>since I left you
I didn't think it was possible to not like that album...

why doesn't anyone do track ratings?
rateyourmusic.com/~pathora

rateyourmusic.com/~daisiesfree

>tfw -9 months old
pls no bully

>letterboxd memes

rateyourmusic.com/~herb_guy

>No embryos please
>embryos post anyway
Why?

the fuck is en embryo

rateyourmusic.com/~boldfaure

9.1 is a fitting score for Coloring Book.

yikes

>not listening to albums before judging
yikes

it's fun, happy music, so miserable avantteens are repulsed

nice assumption pal

>me
>an embryo

The alternative is that you don't like an incredibly creative, fulfilling rap album with like one or two bad tracks max.

rateyourmusic.com/~74av

rateyourmusic.com/~74av

look at his 5s

rateyourmusic.com/~ChromiumBitch

What is your favorite fruit?

>less than 2000 albums listened to
>less than 50 albums from the 60s listened to (EPs don't count)
>less than 100 albums from the 70s listened to (EPs don't count)
>less than 100 albums from the 80s listened to (EPs don't count)
>2 pages for pre 1970 albums logged
>20 pages for post 1970 albums logged
>''follow me guys im so patrician xD''
No, you're an embryo.

What the fuck is wrong with Fiona Apple's The Idler Wheel?

>look guys i rated the Sup Forumscore essentials chart
>hey i just turned 18, im allowed to post without getting banned now!!
>time to be a tripfag

rateyourmusic.com/~todestrieb

>>less than 2000 albums listened to
rateyourmusic.com/collection/EtInArcadiaEgo/r0.5-5.0,typs/1
>25*81+7 = 2032
you passed the 2000 mark about a couple weeks ago

reminds me of kids talking down on middle schoolers the day they start high school top kek

hey man have you checked out pic related i think you'll be able to relate to it a lot

>shitting on other peoples taste
all your 5s are literally entry level experimental and "world music"
step up fag

t. embryo

it fucking sucks

>11 KB, 230x271
kys

this is true, although when it's entry-level artists he avoids picking their best work. for example AMMMusic is objectively their best unless you're a retard. their lesser known work is pure snoozefest washed up shit. and Automatic Writing is definitely better than the faggot-ass hippy meditation bongo album.

it's cropped im pretty sure
can't find the full image anymore if there is one

>favorites are all memeinalism, drone, and avant-garde jazz
>little to no classical
maybe the embryo.... is you......

what's the most embryo genre and what's the least embryo genre

>most embryo
Post Rock and IDM
>least embryo
Classical music (Empfindsamer Stil and Galant)

>most embryo
post-punk, shoegaze, noise rock, hip hop
>least embryo
art music

>what's the most embryo genre
art rock, emo, idm, post rock, minimalism

>Art Music
>Not Embryo as fuck

lol

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/67174559/#q67179231

20th century maybe
But you can't honestly say that everybody gets into CPE Bach, Joseph Haydn, and WA Mozart from the beginning.

Then what's not embryo music

btfo

tfw Rich finally unhid his profile

>evading the question
don't ever fucking reply to me again.

>art music
not a genre, just a term by the types of faggots who think they listen to "real music"

t. embryo

t. embryo

t. embryo

Wow you figured out how to samefag using your phone as a different IP. Cool.

t. embryo
t. embryo

shit you got your iPod on this too.

who is that in your profile picture
please i really need to know

some sloot that isn't him

t. embryo

>fsln propic
go fuck yourself

in reply to

I hope you just take problem with modern FSLN??? otherwise you're sort of an embryo

fuck no
the fsln persecuted my family and destablized/forced them out of the country they loved

yeah? for what reason?

not the same user, but I'm a big fan of Chance since I saw him live at a music festival 2 years ago. I had literally only heard his name before then and was thoroughly impressed, then went home and got into his music.

Acid Rap was pretty good, 7/10, but the thing for me was that is showed a TON of promise. He really carved himself out a nice little niche, and his personality really appeared to lend itself to that of a budding superstar.

But Coloring Book to my ears, was borderline atrocious. One of the most inoffensive, nothing albums I've heard in months. I was downright exhausted by the end of it. There wasn't a single moment that sounded interesting, noteworthy, or original. I can admit that his upbeat, friendly, likeable persona was still present, but the songs themselves were just straight up not good. From the beats/instrumentation, to the hooks, to the features, to Chance's verses themselves... all boring as sin. I don't mind the gospel influence, it suits his style... but there was nothing even remotely interesting enough for a hiphop release in 2016. That first track in particular was just embarrassingly bad. "Mixtape" was the only track that made me sit up and listen, but mostly because of its borderline retarded swagger and silliness. It still wasn't very good. Every couple tracks had a line or two that was sharp, and I was "ehh atta kid Chance", but just nothing about it was even remotely good. A huge step backwards from Acid Rap, which was already only 'pretty good'.

I don't really know why I expected more, but I did. Even that Donnie Trumpet release was better to my ears. I just really thought he knew how to write better songs.

the first two posts are literally the same second

the same SECOND

my (future) gf

>There wasn't a single moment that sounded interesting, noteworthy, or original.
Then you don't know shit about music, sorry.

also, I totally missed the P4k score last night.
I have absolutely no idea how they figured that, and now I see I must be in the minority here, but I literally set aside time to listen to this immediately after it came out, and I was just completely letdown and borderline offended by this output. My gf and were so excited to listen to this, and we both just hung our heads in shame after, having wasted an hour of our lives.

literally just for being a rich businessman

Viva el FSLN

fuck off m9, she's mine

lol they literally deserved it then

HAHAHAHAHA
I really hope this is true.

Lol, Chance defeners sure know a ton about music!

I'm giving it a second "Chance" by listening again, and I will admit the lyrics in Summer Friends are a little deeper/more sentimental than I remembered, but I can't stand the second-rate Bon Iver aping going on here. Sounds exactly like "Woods".

When I say "songs", I am not referring to Chance the Rapper's verses. Those are universally fine.
I'm talking about the entire package, which is insufferably boring without any claws to dig in with any real power. I love his partnership with Donnie Trumpet, totally suits his upbeat vibe. But other than that, this is borderline unlistenable schlock.

carry on lads

Yeah I'm glad you're ignoring all the harmonies, the orchestrations, all of that. I'm glad you're focusing on whether or not it bumps in your whip, kid.

It's rap... it is supposed to 'bump' in some respect.

But not really, bud. I'm a white guy that listens almost exclusively to 70s post-punk and new wave. Not particularly interesting in trap or the like. I just personally feel if you're going to write up-beat, sunshiney gospel hiphop, it has to be catchy and sharp. This is neither. It all ends up sounding muzac, despite all the nice orchestration and hard work that went into it. None of these songs were great ideas to begin with, regardless how well they were fleshed out.

Dude I've been singing Blessing, Special, Same Drugs all day. Not my problem that you can't enjoy good songs.
Stop being so pretentious, I can definitely tell that you listen to Post Punk lmao. I listen to classical music and think you're a tightwad.

I wonder if letterboxd has a group of users equivalent to the avant-teens on RYM and if people gossip about them there too

>lol ur pretentious becuz u dont like music I like

not original user but
just stop senpai

>for example AMMMusic is objectively their best unless you're a retard

this opinion is the mark of someone who hasn't actually explored their discography in depth --- AMMMusic certainly has historical importance, but The Crypt is a far better work from the same time period, and later works like Laminal and Newfoundland display a much more refined, mature sound

they do but disappointingly they're not even as patrician as the avant teens in their cinema taste, never mind their lack of interest in music and literature as well. and the poptimist clique equivalent are the vulgar auteurs (vulgar autists) who extol the virtues of Paul was Anderson and Michael Bay. tis a silly place

*Paul WS Anderson

Don't know why you replied, that person is clearly mentally deficient.

>and the poptimist clique equivalent are the vulgar auteurs (vulgar autists) who extol the virtues of Paul was Anderson and Michael Bay
I can picture smug 16yos who actually believe this bullshit
somewhere there's a Sup Forums montie preaching the artistic achievements of Michael Bay

Lol dafuq, I wasn't claiming post-punk was a superior genre... I was just giving you context for what I'm into.

You listen to classical yet can't hear how amateurish the plunking major chord piano parts are? The generic, inoffensive string parts are what gives it that muzac quality. Not that any of that matters in hiphop, a song like Father Stretch My Hands pt. 1 on Pablo also uses the sunshiney gospel vibe with plunky piano, but it's got some edge to it and despite being a stupid/simplistic song, just bangs on all levels. Chance can't write like Kanye and doesn't have producers like Metro in place to achieve the sound.

I'm sorry man, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hated it.

But really, Same Drugs? That song had me cringing all the way. What the fuck is he even talking about? "We don't do the same drugs anymore"? Ok, so you've changed? How about you use some more poetic language that doesn't make everybody feel awkward as fuck listening to it. At least tell us what does you used to take... and what you take now...

what's all this embryo stuff?

it's oversimplistic pop music, pretty easy to dislike

Worst are the Michael Mann fags, because his films at the very least warrant some praise but they dickride him for completely different and exaggerated reasons.

>SILY
>overly simplistic
shit b8 desu

like how avant-teens are dickriding Yorgos Lanthimos now
it's annoying

Seriously? Yanthimos is so easy to get, what is there to say about him?

>TFW some rude dude jacks your old tripcode

Welp time to break in this one.

rateyourmusic.com/~Montie_Ray

Add me up

oh yeah sometimes he uses like two samples in the same track and it gets to be the most complex pop music known to man

nice

Someone crack his new one so he can stop tripping

Well you obviously have no idea how sampling works, good to know

nice quints

if someone cracks this one I'll just make another one and post it on my RYM.

how do people even break into trips

There is more to say about your quints than there is to say about his flicks, basically.

it's easy because all his movies are the same lmao
after dogtooth they're all jizzing over The Lobster

My last two were fucking simple as hell so someone who got pissed at me making fun of Chance the rapper found out and posted some really racist things.

Oh well. I always have a back up tripcode

travis are shit

nice full house, fake montie