This is the cheapest b350m motherboard I can find. Shit's expensive as fuck here. Will it do?

This is the cheapest b350m motherboard I can find. Shit's expensive as fuck here. Will it do?

msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-PRO-VDH

For an APU? No those shit MSI boards fry when you overclock the GPU.

All MSI motherboards, or just this one?

It's got a fucking heatsink on the VRMs, you're good. Put your finger on it to see if it's hot when you OC and gauge the dangers on that. Otherwise, you can't fry a mobo.
And if you do somehow fry a mobo, just pay like $20 for a repair shop to replace the voltage regulators and you're done.

>fry motherboard
>overclock gpu
stop
just
fucking
stop

Gotta agree with this user I had a phenom II 940 and paired it with an msi board not a cheap one either it fried and was somehow only able to accept older cpu's ever since I have sworn never to get an msi motherboard.

ITT: people who cannot diagnose and fix hardware problems, and insult technology instead

>somehow only able to accept older cpu's
you need to update the bios

It smoked while it was using a 940 after the smoke somehow it was only able to accept older processors had some old ones lying around and somehow those worked but not the 940 MSI a shit

And you did not give it to a repair shop because..?

wait for a b450 board

soon

Waitfags are so fucking obnoxious

Please tell me how a repair shop was gonna fix a motherboard. The mobo was shit no reason for it to short randomly.

man i miss those clean designs
time flies

Problem sounds to be just one $0.5 component.

If I do, I won't have to worry about having to update the BIOS with an older AMD CPU if I want to pair it with a 2200g, right?

Ah yes fixing something that shouldn't have broken to begin with exactly what I want on a pc component MSI a shit.

Oh shut your mouth, anything can break. Be happy we're still living in a component-level era where repair is still possible. 10 years from now, we'll just have one giant SoC and a radiator on top. Sad future.

I seriously believe you're talking out your ass.At close inspection It didn't have any blown capacitors how could that have been fixed?

You are a mediocre repairman if you just go blame capacitors, otherwise you'd have fixed the mobo yourself and stopped complaining.

But then again, no discrete components (and thus less solder points, capacitors and so on) means more reliability.

>less solder points
Yes I would definitely love one giant BGA chip that will go wrong when it even slightly overheats and be irreparable barring a $7k infrared laser station.
It will be the xbox 360 incident all over again.

Anyone? Stop arguing all the time, anons.

No, you can be sure whatever is in stock will have the latest BIOS.

How bad is this VRM issue really? I've got a Prime B350M-A with a 1400, but I get a 1700 soon. I wan't to try 4 GHz for testing, as it will probably not reach it. Then undervolt it. It serves in my datacenter HTPC which is meant for heavy but efficient loads like converting, with bad airflow.

Should I get some passive coolers?

>APU
>SoC
>CPU+GPU
>on the same Input voltage controller on board
>budget/shitty VRM design and lackluster cooling
>unpredictable LLC
>in reality as far as +15mV higher than readings
In the past, all motherboards were "unlocked" and it wasn't pretty, especially on the low end. You don't have to buy the pimpest shit on the market with LED controllers, but if you plan on seriously overclocking a chip that can pull 150W+ under load, you don't skimp on the board.