>sane package management
>helpful community(preferable)

>>helpful community(preferable)

Kek.

RHEL/CentOs

Void linux

latest / stable
pick one

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Lazy faggot? Deepin may be the distro you're looking for

debian xfce

if you are extremely lazy or dumb, xubuntu

seems nice,but >small official repo

>cant into mental gymnastics

>dank meme
reported for spamming

Here are my recommendations from about 5 years of more or less continous use:

Workstation:
- Fedora: CentOS/RHEL, except with new packages and everything generally works OOB
- Ubuntu: Everythink works, simple to use
- OpenSuse: Kind of obscure distro, but YAST is a treasure, especially if you tend to fuck everything up once in a while or want to port your whole config

Server:
CentOS and Debian: Very stable, but older packages. I would not recommend it as a workstation os because I had pretty bad experiences with standby/hibernation.

But you should be fine with with whatever you choose if it is one of the major distros.

>meme
Education

Arch
The only point you mentionned that it lacks is "no systemd" but then again there aren't many distros that pass this one.

Windows xp

sounds like fedora might cut it

Linux is just a kernel used in systems such as Android, GNU/Linux and embedded devices.

quality post.will look into these distro

>dank meme

>a lazy faggot with hardly any experience at all (people with even the slightest bit of expierience do not ask about LE BEST DISTRO XDDDD) caring about the whole systemd is bad cirklejerk.

Nice try, stop being such a nigger.
Noone cares about your e-penis regarding the init system.

He is right though.
It's pretty clear OP has no idea what he's talking about and is just spouting buzzwords like minimal.

hackintosh (homebrew for package manager [it's rolling release!])

i mean, like everything you want is just the opposite of linux (except the rolling release meme)

You really need to look at the distro that your developed code will run on. If you're targeting tarball/compile, then you have to consider the available libraries on the target. If you're going for a package-managed target (debian, RHEL/CentOS, etc,.) then review dependency requirements and build scripts. For enterprise-level targets, I think that RHEL/CentOS is your best bet. (Not shilling - I run Gentoo at home, but develop for RHEL/CentOS)

>dank

hide thread / 10

fuck off underage

another /minimal/ faggot asking advice to then feel edgy in the next /minimal/ thread with the other unemployed cocksuckers like him.
>minimal
>stable
>rolling release
neck yourself. Also here is your setup:
>source mage
>tcc
>musl
>libressl
>runit
>dwm
>mksh
>ranger