Ive heard here are a lot of nickelback haters... so could someone explain why there is so much hate on them...

ive heard here are a lot of nickelback haters... so could someone explain why there is so much hate on them? most of the People i asked said they do Mainstream lyrics or they got a bad Drummer or some shit i dunno

btw pls give me an honest opinion

bump

They're just incredibly average. All the Right Reasons sounds mostly the same throughout. They're fine for what they are, but they really shouldn't have been as big as they were imotbhfam.

I don't hate you for liking them, they have some catchy songs.

Ahh ok so which Bands do you hear for example or which have lots of variety

Death Grips

if you have to ask you genuinely don't have any taste in music. that's not really meant to be negative, people can only have so many things in their lives that they form opinions on. for instance, i drive a toyota camry because I don't give a fuck about cars and just want something get me from point a to point b. Some people don't give a fuck about music and just want something that drowns out background noise. That's fine. Nickelback serves that purpose.

pls be serious -.-

allright if ive got such a bad taste tell me some good musicians

what's the point

you won't appreciate who I tell you to listen to just like I won't appreciate whatever /o/ recommends me to drive

Just browse this board and type in some of the band names into youtube to see what you like

it's impossible to tell you without knowing what you like, which is compounded by the fact that you probably don't even know what you like considering you listen to nickelback, literally anti-music

what other music do you like OP? can't really recommend anything you might like based on just Nickelback.

you'd probably enjoy a lot of grunge bands 'cause that's where they got most of their sound from.

I just listen nickelback from time to time i was just interessted about why theres so much hate on them. At the Moment im listening to trap hip hop and sometimes even metal.

maybe you're too young to appreciate how much their shit was overplayed and how their band was just a marketing tool to fill a gap caused by the death of 90s grunge

it's the equivalent of asking why owl city is bad but then pretend that owl city was on every radio station for 5 years straight, won numerous awards, and sold millions of albums to people that prove that they will just consume whatever fabricated bullshit is drilled into their heads

They're an incredibly average band, but I love How you remind me, Hero, Rockstar and Photograph.

Fireflies is pretty catchy tho

oh well im only 18 :D now i understand if u compare them with owl City... so most of you just dont like them cause they got overplayed back in the 90s or its generally not your taste of music

Nice grammar, OP.

sry im from Germany... i know my english is not pretty good

I asked my mum but she said they didnt Play Nickelback pretty often at least in Germany where they started to get popular at 2001

Da hätte der Herr B. doch lieber mal die Vokabeln lernen sollen. Viele Grüße, MSB

Nickelback was more like 8 or 9 years straight.

oh well at least not in Germany. They sometimes played Rockstar or some other popular Songs and that was it...

It's okay man you can like Nickelback as long as you're also open to expanding your horizons!

of course :D

Because they (and musicians like them) are not artisans, they're craftsmen. Their music isn't much more than inoffensive, over polished and focus tested product made to appeal to a wide demographic, there's just not much else to it.
I'm sure they're actually decent guys, I imagine they make great background noise for people who don't really care enough about music to engage with it actively, but to most of us who go a little beyond that they have the appeal and the staying power of a Brett Ratner movie, only it's easier not to watch or re-watch Brett Ratner movies than not hear inoffensive background noise like Nickleback on the radio, so a lot of us become annoyed.

Because if you play someday and this is how you remind me at the same time it sounds like the same song. All of their songs sound too similar

They're seen as the face of rock and roll when they're not, they like mediocre and boring to be fair
pleb entry rock music

they keep doing the same safe shit over and over again. Whatever has been done and is considered top 40 material, they do it after but because their song writing skills are so bad that they just end up doing an even worse version of what's popular. That's why even the normies hate them. Even they can see how hack musicians they are.