TV shopping

What´s your recomendation in a new TV?

Old one stop working and it´s from 2008.

Is it necesary to spend over 800 € to have a good smart TV?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/TCL-55S405-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01MTGM5I9/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_504_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JNC6NYN9X1TYZ5R6RPFY
thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-tv/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imho I don't think smart TVs are necessary. A good quality tv with an Android box would suffice.

The only reason to get a smart TV is because it's almost impossible to get one without it. It's not like you can get a cheaper one with the same quality and without smart shit, generally. You can get a pretty nice one for like 500$ right now with 4k and HDR, though it would only be LCD. If you'd want the best of the best you'd need to get an LG OLED, but those are like 2000$ I think.

Last year models should be going on clearance for March so good timing. Samsung 7000 series, Sony x720e or x900e series depending on sale. LG go Oled or nothing. Toshiba, sharp etc.. 400$ 4k TV's are utter trash panels for trailer homes.

I paid around 600 for a 50 inch Samsung 2016 TV. You don't need to spend more. OLED / Quantum dot may look a bit better, but they cost 3x.

I wish there were TVs without "smart" functions. Better put it into the panel or save even more. I have a HTPC and everyone should have one in 2018.

>I never watched TV on my device

"Smart" TVs are absolute shit, they basically all run shovelware and/or the TV maker's marketing / ad serving platform.

You want a TV and a cheap chinese HTPC connected to it. At least you get a more normal Windows / Android that way, plus it has the amount of processing power that you actually want for whatever you want to run.

Forget smart TVs.
Get an Nvidia shield.
I'm using one with my LG B7 OLED.

This. I still don't get how Samsung imagines to use a browser with a generic remote control. Typing is cruel with it... Just get a small PC, hard drives and wireless peripherals.

Xiaomi

don't pay extra for 'smart' functionality. tv makers are notorious for building in cheap half assed smart functionality that quickly becomes outdated or broken. focus on buying a display with good image and display quality first and foremost (you can always add a roku or android box/chromecast later)

>don't think smart TVs are necessary
>"Smart" TVs are absolute shit
>Forget smart TVs
>don't pay extra for 'smart' functionality
poor people will never know comfy: miracast, DLNA, tv recording, timeshifting, EPG, voice command...

A dedicated computer is more comfy and powerful. Also I don't watch TV, but I like to have my 10 TB drives nearby to get real 4K content.
>Paying to watch 480p TV content (with ads)

>The only reason to get a smart TV is because it's almost impossible to get one without it. It's not like you can get a cheaper one with the same quality and without smart shit, generally.
This.

I just want a good looking panel with 4 HDMI ports without any smart functions because if I connect a nice i5 2400 htpc for 180$ it'll be 10x faster than a shitty tv processor

Cheap lcd still exist, but somehow it's last year model. Samsung, lg, Panasonic and toshiba still made tv without smart tv.

And if I invest a bit more and run a 1700 undervolted I can decompress and convert my 4K content on the same device, even more energy efficient and quieter than my performance desktop PC. 2018 is a great year.

enjoy your pc

I have this 4k roku tv and its really nice.
amazon.com/TCL-55S405-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01MTGM5I9/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_504_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JNC6NYN9X1TYZ5R6RPFY

I bought an LG B7a OLED during black friday sales and it's incredible. 4K HDR shit is amazing and the gaming lag is a lot lower than my old TV. Also, you can disable portions/all of the "smart" TV bullshit.

>ref
Hello fellow poster, how's the marketing campaign going? Any items that were easy to market recently? I've been struggling to get my recommended amount of hits lately, come on, help a market brother out.

enjoy programming your vcr

>watching the electric jew
For real though, when 90% of what shows up on your screen is controlled by 7 companies they can easily all lie to you at once, so they will.

Just focus on performance metrics that make it a good computer monitor and selectively seek out good content IMO.

Is it really impossible? I’ve wanted a dumb TV for so long. Between my PC media server, PS4, Xbox One, Apple TV and Roku, I’m swamped in shit all trying to do the same thing. I literally just want a big screen to put on the wall and leave the rest to me.

Why aren’t any manufacturers jumping on this. You could market some “it just works” high quality 50” that doesn’t do anything but turn on and off and people would appreciate it.

I’ve thought about getting a projector instead but the quality just still isn’t where i want it.

I believe there are a couple of options, but by far most 4k HDR TVs have smart functions. And the ones that don't aren't that much cheaper I think. It's not like the smart functions make the screen worse, worst thing they do is allow the NSA to hijack the microphone or get incorporated in some botnet, which doesn't seem that big of an issue to me. You could always destroy the microphone, and just not connect it to the internet.

I thought maybe TCL was one that didn't have shit, but I think they just had some roku thing or something.

The TV I have now is a Vizio M series and the thing I don’t like about the smart shit is

>worse UI than option on other devices
>significantly slower to navigate menus
>too many options to get lost in
>remote dominated by dedicated buttons for shit I don’t want

It’s the same thing as in car infotainment. You just have no hope of being as good as my external device, so why even try? And in trying you make what I actually want slower and worse.

But you can just choose to not use that shit. My smart TV starts up in a second to show HDMI, I never have to navigate the menus, and you can easily use a different remote with less buttons if you don't want that many buttons.

>remote dominated by dedicated buttons for shit I don’t want

Mine ._.

read dis Wirecutter guide: thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-tv/

Just buy a large-format display. They typically have the same panels as a TV, no tuner shit, and a gajillion ports.

Some even have HDBaseT built in