Someone explain this shit to me please. Why does an entire IP range gets blocked? Whats the point?

Someone explain this shit to me please. Why does an entire IP range gets blocked? Whats the point?

Blocking IPs when they are dynamic is already pretty dumb but this is even worse.

>Someone explain this shit to me please.
Inventing todays form of networking in the US was a mistake.

phoneposters/dIPfags get recycled IPs every so often so it's impossible to detect who is the non-shitposter/cpguy.

Because someone is spamming from that IP range and restarting their router/turning Airplane mode on/off constantly. But their range of IPs is limited to the IP ranges available to their ISP, so Sup Forums combats the spammers by blocking the entire range.

>mfw the faggot mods didn't include a ban reason
I wanna know what people in my community are getting every cell phone in the community banned for god dammit.

Mods are retards who do nothing but destroy Sup Forums.

>on mobile
>want to shitpost on my favourite Russian Snow Collectors Board
>"Banned for posting illegal kiddies"

FeelsBadAndIllegal.jpg

They should unban banned IPS after a couple of weeks. Cant be that difficult.

The last faggot who banned me didn't even linked the ban to a post. Just that, you're banned, ban evasion, blah, blah. Restart the router, and in 15 seconds got a new IP.

I once tried to post from my phone and hit a ban for BRAAAP copypasta

I shudder to think, does this mean the guy who writes that garbage lives near me?

>4chin is blocked by ISP
>Using SOCKS to bypass restriction
>Outer dutch IP range is read-only
Feelsbadman

looks like mods do not understand what a dynamic ip is.

chin is blocked by ISP
Try changing your DNS. Most blocks in western countries are done at the DNS level. In Italy TPB is blocked at the DNS level only.

I guess this happens because a load of IPs were used for DoS attack.

test

>not having a good goy pass

>waring your cuck badge so proudly
Where do men like you live?

You can still get banned, having a Sup Forums pass™ only allows you to post without captchas, that's it.

>Why does an entire IP range gets blocked? Whats the point?
Dedicated shitposters/spammers/DoS zombie machines with dynamic IP.

Just buy a pass poor nigger

Sup Forums passes evade range bans.

get pass
eat ass

It seems that the entire mobile subnets for the Ft. Lauderdale area are blocked on Sup Forums. I get around it by connecting to my VPN and sourcing my traffic from my home's IP address. Not buying a pass you fucking kikes.

Do the IP range bans expire? I was getting that message for a while but it looks like it's gone now and my IP hasn't changed.

gotta keep the russians out

their stealing our elections

>posting while at work
>suddenly office IP got banned
>nsfw post on /vg/
>mfw theres a user in my building
should i be concerned?

>tfw amrimutts are literally affraid of russians

im from ukraine

>giving money to hiro
no thanks

How does a geographic IP range ban stop Russian hackers? I mean, they're "hackers", right? Wouldn't they know how to use proxies, VPNs, and botnets to circumvent IP range bans? My brother figured out how to use a VPN and he's literally a non-functioning autist with no skills whatsoever.

Honestly, the fact that the MSM misleads their readers into thinking it's impossible to mask your IP is the biggest red flag that all this Russian shit is pure propaganda.

Spend the 5 to 15 dollars and get a static IP from your ISP. As long as you pay the price on top of your usual internet/phone/tv bill you own that IP address. It's also great for hosting servers and remote access.

>/vg/
Yes, very

BRAAAP posters are special and must be protected.

Hello from ukraine

Back when I got half of Finland banned for flooding lolis on /k/, it stuck for half a year. This was a while ago though.

>finland
>implying this was a bad thing

Where did I imply that?

Fuck him user. It's the only way

Imagine Sup Forums with no mods and no captcha

Lots of spam I assume.

>on Sup Forums with my Sup Forumselligent friends
>post the works of my favourite contemporary figurativist spanish painter Dino Valls
>get banned for posting kiddie smut