Website asks you to disable ad blocking software

>website asks you to disable ad blocking software
Lmao at these sites

You want to get paid to write shitty 2-paragraph articles for your stay-at-home job? I'll browse your site however I want you thieving shitbags

Other urls found in this thread:

winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pwease disable your adblocker
>disable adblocker
>ads still blocked by hosts file
4D chess.

>use hosts file
>websites think I don't block any ads

Stop stealing from them

online articles are the scum of the internet

where do you get these and how do you know they are safe?

Do a search for MVPS Hosts file. It's totally safe and legit.

>It's totally safe and legit.

You make one.
I normally roll my own using the four listed under multipurpose under uBlock's third-party filters. I then take out all the comments and all duplicates (easy to do, depends on your text editor). I also add some other addresses I just don't like on top of that.
With a script you can automate all this once a new version comes out.

It's one of the ones offered by uBlock and one of the ones I use as per . It's one of the oldest continuously updated hosts files you can get, been around since the late 90s.

It's just a txt file:
winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
Works on Android too.

Fine, don't believe me you faggot.
>literally a fucking text file with 0.0.0.0 in it

What directory does the HOSTS file go in on an Android device?

>it's just a text file therefore it's safe
at least you have (man)tits

what's hosts file?

/system/etc/

Thank you. Will do that.

You can edit it manually.
winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt

On Windows look on C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)

this is a somewhat acceptable answer. how big are these files anyway? can you check all the redirections manually?

>executing text files
Furthermore
>executable code comes in the form of 0.0.0.0 sitename.com

Note that Android does not support windows style eol (which MVPS comes by default). You'll have to convert it to unix style first. In Notepad++ View>EOL Conversion>Unix

Thanks mate, good to know. I've thought about putting a hosts file on my Samsung phone for a while now, and I've known about doing so for even longer., but just never got around to it.

It's worth it. Zero ads with zero performance impact.

Mine is 2MB but only because I'm autistic, a basic one will do the job and only be 200-300KB. Second question, I personally do before updating the file but once again only because I'm autistic.

Paradox billiards vostroyan roulette 4th dimensional hypercube chess strip poker

you gotta check that all the domains are redirected to 0.0.0.0 and not to some kike's ip, that's what I wanted to say

thanks a lot user

>not blocking ads and bad domains on your firewall, hosts file, and browser

You can put a hashtag or also known as the number symbol (#) at the end of the entry followed by a note/memo (description). That way you can remember what you're blocking.

here are some examples:
0.0.0.0 adwords.google.lloymlincs.com # malware-site
0.0.0.0 clickserve.eu.dartsearch.net # ad-site
0.0.0.0 eur.a1.yimg.com # yahoo-ad-site

>hashtag
>number symbol

That's a sharp symbol user.

or you can use adhell 2. doesn't require root. look it up in XDA.

That kid's fork was in those potatoes. Imagine if it went into her eye LOL.

>nu-Sup Forums

>Not writing your own automated hosts file generator that parses multiple hosts sources automatically

Sup Forums doesn’t even know what a hosts file even is or how it works. This is genuinely concerning

>microwave time

>trusting a configuration file downloaded from the internet that tells your computer what IP addresses some domain names translate to without checking it first
i'm opening a new DNS server that blocks ads insanely well. why don't you try it user, it's totally safe, pinky promise ;-)

>He thinks my hosts file parsing script doesn't do this for me automatically