>IPS
Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/images/asus_rog_swift_pg258q/P1190056.JPG
tftcentral.co.uk/images/asus_rog_swift_pg279q/P1120384.JPG
tftcentral.co.uk/images/samsung_c32hg70/P1190784.JPG
rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x930e
rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/sj9500
anandtech.com/show/10874/panasonic-develops-ips-panel-with-10000001-contrast-ratio-1000-nits-brightness
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That cross effect is what you get when you film the polarized light from an IPS panel with a camera.

If you try the same thing with a TN panel you will see an X.

bump.
i want IPS soycucks to explain themselves, coz they're always shilling their overpriced materialism here.
TN is better for gaming right?

bump

TN is objectively the worst display technology.
This is not up for debate.

Because you bought a cheap one.

>muh colours

Worse than applecucks

poorfag detected

>muh 1ms response time

Worse than applecucks

VA Master race

This
4k 31.5" VA Masterrace
Ideal for anything that isn't color-sensitive work or hardcore gaymes.

>31.5" VA
Lol way too big, enjoy your washed out sides.

so it is like this:
tn-> garbage colors + bleed
ips-> meh colors with less bleed
oled->okay blacks *snickers*, but burn-ins

so fuck it, crt is de wey

Because CRTs totally don't have any issues, and CRT ""blacks"" totally isn't some meme started by some fucktard who doesn't know shit.

No. The difference between 1ms response time and 5ms response time is imperceptible to humans. IPS gives better colors and angles, but usually doesn't feature the meme refresh rates like 144Hz

I'd rather not nuke my eyeballs

If your CRT is displaying a black that isn't completely black, you have brightness and contrast set wrong.

The radiation thing is a meme unless you have something from like the 60s. Otherwise the leaded glass layer in front of the tube blocks everything. If this was a thing, we'd have an epidemic of eye and brain cancer among 80s and 90s kids who sat right in front of the TV all afternoon.

Eyestrain from the flicker was a thing though, but set the refresh rate to 85 Hz or better and there's no visible flicker.

there is also amva+
>meh colors with good contrast but slow response times.
Less bleed though, much less than op.

Oh let me see your magical CRT that has acceptable resolution and refresh rate.

>Ideal for anything that isn't color-sensitive work or hardcore gaymes
you just described 90% of what most people use their PC for.
you edgy soycuck.

>also VA is shit for games, blurry as hell in dark games.... its worse than IPS

Micro led fucking when?

Prevents intrusions to your system

can confirm that its shit for gaming, especially at low brightness. But i honestly think its really good for desktop work, especially in bright rooms. Its good for watching movies too, at least thats what visiting people told me.

Sony GDM FW900. It's 16:10, 2304x1440 at 80 Hz though it can be pushed higher. Up to 160 Hz if you lower the res some.

AMOLED. It's exactly what you're asking for.

TN - best response times, shitty colors, moderate black levels
IPS - moderate response times, good colors, silver instead of black
VA - shitty response times, moderate colors, good contrast and blacks

Every LCD panel type sucks.

>refresh rate
Go make a thread on /v' and I'll show you. That's the proper place.

The motion blur is easily visible, get your eyes checked.

>Sony GDM FW900
>MSRP: $2,499.99
lmao

>calling people "soycucks"
you need to leave the house, and this board.

It was a very fancy monitor back in the day. It's not made anymore though and you can sometimes find these things used for far less.

Get your brain checked. Retard.

Ahahaha, he's both blind and retarded.

It's pretty fancy even now, at those specs for a CRT. But I wouldn't call this a realistic option even for most computer "enthusiasts". Maybe if you luck out on a huge deal.

t. shit for brains

I blame grainy panel coating. Practically everyone praised the old 120hz Samsung TNs for being amazing looking - in comparison the 1440p TNs are the best TNs for color reproduction yet, but practically every company uses horrible grainy shit coating on them.

VA is where its at now, especially with the Samsung 144hz panels. Still slower than IPS in darker scenes, but not by much. IPS glow and manufacturer BLB issues are huge problems, and only gets worse the bigger the IPS panel.

If you really wanted on there's a guy on the Hardforum.com FW900 thread who runs a business selling them, charges around 800$ for a practically unused one set up and tested.

>If your CRT is displaying a black that isn't completely black, you have brightness and contrast set wrong.
Yeah, you know, except for the fact that CRTs don't actually do "completely black". It's just a fucking meme regurgitated by faggots on Sup Forums who have never seen a CRT in real life. Lots of CRTs aren't even close to black when off, so you would have to use them in a dark room to get anything resembling a reasonable black level.
>VA is where its at now
Nah, it's really not. I would never get a VA for general desktop use. Actually I wouldn't get one for anything. Black level is better than IPS and TN, obviously, but instead of glow you get gamma fuckery at the edges of the screen in dark scenes + all the other issues that VA have.
IPS for general desktop use, TN if you're an autistic gaymurr who plays """competitive""" FPS games exclusively, VA never, OLED for movies or even a used plasma if you're poor.

>Have some old ass 2007 monitor I bought for $20
>Never had a problem
You people spending $300+ on monitors are silly

Being blind must be fun.

CRT screens can also be burnt in. Ever seen an old ATM or been to an airport where they still use them for displaying arrival and departure times? Shit's burned in so hard you can see the afterimage even when they're off.

I recently picked up a dell ultra sharp monitor with a 1440p meme resolution because I finally wanted to jump up from 1080p. I never knew about ips glow and when I turned it on for the first time I thought the shit was fucked. Was about to take it back when i read that this shit is normal. Looked into other pannel types and everyone has some sort of negative aspect...

Mang. I grew up in the 90s. I know what a CRT is like. In black areas it emits no light. Some is reflected notably on older models, but view it in a darker room and it's perfect, unlike every LCD technology. Even in a normally lit room it looks fine, just not in sunlight where they aren't intended to be used anyway.

From shoeing the same image for long periods at once. This is what screensavers were developed for. Yet showing something for shorter periods doesn't appear to do it - notice how CRTs can be used daily for many years without a start button being burned into the lower left corner. Yet we see AMOLEDs with burned in notification bars after a couple years.

>I would never get a VA for general desktop use.
Thank God I'm not a subhuman like you.

CRT is literal cancer

TN is fine for gaming. Faster than IPS.

ikr crt mustardrace checking in

>wouldn't get one for anything
kek, IPS is garbage

sorry i have autism and can clearly see the 4ms difference

stop pandering to the neurotypicals

lg 27ud69p

looks good in the light

This shit is so retarded... you can't take a photo of your monitor. you can blow any monitor out with shit camera settings.

This is a TN, IPS, VA, correctly compared. notice how they don't all look like complete garbage like these retards.

tftcentral.co.uk/images/asus_rog_swift_pg258q/P1190056.JPG

tftcentral.co.uk/images/asus_rog_swift_pg279q/P1120384.JPG

tftcentral.co.uk/images/samsung_c32hg70/P1190784.JPG

Also notice that the VA isn't better then the IPS...

>using a shit monitor
Stop cheaping out on your IPS monitors and get a non-shit one

>buying sub-$300 ASUS, ACER, LG, Generic monitors
oh shit nigger what are you doing

>buying an ancient used CRT

Enjoy your fucking bomb.

I'm still using the CRT my parents bought in 1997 and it works perfectly for my gaymes.

C H I N K E D
H
I
N
K
E
D

Look at TVs and you'll notice the VA panels there are far superior to anything IPS. IPS only has the edge in viewing angles and gamut. Even response time is the same for VA and IPS there. Monitors aren't profitable enough to put in good VA, and LG/Sharp/chinese companies love flooding the monitor market with shitty IPS panels.
rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x930e
rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/sj9500

oled
good local dimming
VA (high contrast helps a lot)
panasonics local dimming per pixel layer on ips

for general computer use, I would take any of these besides oled over crt, and for any media I would take anything on the list.

also laser projection in dim rooms, it beats everything out if done right.

but then again, I had to lift my fucking 300lbs 1080p 36 inch crt into the house and onto its stand

shit died for a reason

Shock and horror, you can adjust your camera to make any monitor look shitty.

OLED just suffer from burn in and exorbitant prices, but are the clearly superior technology.
LCD a shit.

I use a 55 inch VA tcl 605p

shit has issues with how it displays comic pages, but beyond that, easily the best display I have ever seen, the contrast makes even shit I watched from my childhood pop in ways I never seen before.

and because contrast is king, as it is the single factor that determines quality, every other aspect besides resolution (at reasonable distances this doesn't factor in) to us.

our eyes are not good enough to detect gradients outside of compression banding, so 10bit on its own isn't a factor, how bright a screen is, passed a certain point also isn't a factor, however its contrast is the single thing that we see better than anything else. Its why oleds stand head above everything else when you look at them side by side.

Perfect color with high contrast when

I had a 24" Sony trinitron that would blow away any of the bullshit out today. Nothing is even close when it comes to color rendition and black levels. Still miss the fucker, it was so heavy it warped my desk and broke my arm when it fell on it.

Microled = CLEDIS = self-emissive QD-LED >>>>> OLED >> VA > IPS >>> TN
The future really can't come soon enough for panel tech.

So when is plasma going to make a comeback. Still watching my Panasonic and have no intention of replacing it.

probably not till actual quantum dots, and even then not on something sub 5000$
tcl p605 stands above most even in gamut.

oled is great for perfect blacks,
however, panasonic has a tech that allows ipses to get perfect blacks and per pixel local dimming, and the next wave of panels are going to be shipping 1500 cd/m2 brightness as the standard low end shit.

you mix these two techs, and there you go, oleds are over because there is only so bright you can make them currently, lcds are really only limited to how much light bleeds through and if you can make them have pixel perfect local dimming, GG oled,

I just went from a tn to a va
on my tn because I look up at it when relaxing in my chair, if a game ever had a dark area in it, 1/3 to 1/2 of my screen would be completely fuced to the point there is no seeing in it.

went to use my little brothers 144hz ips, and the blur was real. it has less issue with colors in black and white, but beyond that, I can easily see how bad the contrast is looking at it.

honestly, get the highest contrast panel you can afford.

1ms 100ms, whats if fucking matter, every number they say is a fucking lie.

pixel response time doesn't mean there won't be blur, to cut blur that isn't use oled is you need black frame insertion, and any monitor is capable if it.

tns, when calibrated properly, can be as good as bad ipses today, but given time they all yellow.

That and viewing angles that are so bad that even looking at them straight on with a 24 inch will have wild shifts in contrast and color.

that said, whatever had the best contrast ratio in your budget.

not even close.

response times are meh, but everything has blur outside of oleds
If you have black frame insertion, that will take most of the blur away.

in his case its mostly not giving a shit about color or anything like that, as long as you can read its good enough to use.

personally my monitor is my entertainment, and I will splurge if something is good enough to be a true upgrade.

my tn panel had the chrome tab bar burned into it.

everything will burn in given time.

fucking pleb shit

>implying
TV's are VA for a good reason idiot, they don't wash out.

>however, panasonic has a tech that allows ipses to get perfect blacks and per pixel local dimming, and the next wave of panels are going to be shipping 1500 cd/m2 brightness as the standard low end shit.
Holy shit, source? That sounds fucking amazing, current monitors max out at 250/300 cd/m2.

cameras absorb more light than human eyes so every panel will look more flawed than observing it in person

It's amazing but it's costly in power.
Fusing two IPS panels atop each other is how they're doing it, but increases static contrasts to ~1,000,000:1 - but also lowers transmittance exponentially, meaning you need exceptionally bright backlights to begin with.

>microLED
>billions of tiny LEDs emitting brilliant white light
Perfect. Now everyone's gonna experience how it is to be a Samsung user at night.

anandtech.com/show/10874/panasonic-develops-ips-panel-with-10000001-contrast-ratio-1000-nits-brightness

I don't think they have done anything with it yet though.

also, just a heads up, look at tv's, gaming has made them so they have to get their input lag in check, and since even the best monitors down have input lags lower then 9ms, 14ms is more then acceptable, (most tvs fall around 25-35)

personally I find monitor sizes to small for 4k but because there wasn't a good 40-48 inch tv in a quality range for a low price, I had to settle for a 55 inch... honestly... going from 24 to 55 inch... it just feels right.

>static contrasts to ~1,000,000:1
fuck

How soon, user? HOW SOON

your potshot at samsung makes no sense.

>LCD
>contrast ratio 5000:1
On what fucking planet? Static contrast ratios max out at like 1000:1, and """dynamic""" contrast ratios are meaningless bullshit.

hello 2009 time traveler

Muh colors is such a fucking meme, our eyes have literally evolved to accomodate for inaccurate colors. Just get the cheapest display capable of ULMB.

Plenty of VA panels in the 4~5000:1 range.

VA is still a type of LCD. Native contrast is static contrast.

and here's the TCL the other dude is shilling now.

VA may indeed be LCD but that's not what people mean when they say LCD.

brainlet

Yeah well fuck you, guy

turbo brainlet

Earth, VA with fused glass or glossy coatings.
VA with matte coatings gets ~3000:1

IPS and TN are miles behind. Why do you think we luagh at IPS brainlets who think they're graphics designers.
At least TN has a place in the world - it's FAST.

Tell me then, in your world what do people mean when they say 'LCD'?

IPS and TN, which 99% of all LCD screens are. VA is niche. It'd be like saying how much you like japanese art when you're actually just talking about tentacle hentai. It's an extremely small subset of the larger category, and nobody is going to know you're talking about it.

>which 99% of all LCD screens are
brainlet. look at TVs and the majority are VA. TVs far outsell monitors for consumer home use.

well TVs are fucking gay

Get a more expensive one