Can we all agree this is a misunderstood masterpiece?

can we all agree this is a misunderstood masterpiece?

Best thing Lou Reed or Metallica ever did, 100% non-memeing

MODS

best thing metallica ever did for sure but lou? fuck no.

The best thing about this album is that it's incredible cheap. At least on amazon.
I will listen to it, if i like it i can buy it really cheap. it's ridiculous for a double album.

As cheap as a piece of shit can be.

Would you fuck LuLu? I probably would.

Master of Puppets and Ride The Lightning are far better than any Lou reed solo albums

his solo stuff isnt anywhere near as good as his stuff with VU but metallica is fucking terrible bland butt metal. new york, berlin, and MMM shit all over anything metallica has ever done, don't kid yourself.

> MMM shit all over anything metallica has ever done
might be one of the worst opinions I have ever seen on here

Definitely.

People hated Metal Machine Music at the time it came out. People are slowly realising how great St Anger is. In a couple of decades, they'll look back on Lulu and see its true brilliance.

100% not memeing

I'm not used to that version of the cover and it's creepy asf

no. it's one of the worst albums of all time.

No, it's terrible. Fuck off with your memes

I'm not sure it's a masterpiece, but I'd say it's definitely underappreciated. When it came out, I think it pissed off both Metallica and Lou Reed fans and no one really bothered to take another look at it. Overall I think it's good, but not the best thing either artist has ever accomplished.

Not a masterpiece at all, but a very good album that got the attention of ears it never should have reached (all the mainstream Metallica listeners) hence such a bad response.

>People are realising how great st anger is

Are they, though?

Yes. I think it's brilliant.

its a very well understood fiasco

It's crap, but at least it's adventurous crap

Its a 8/10. Not a masterpiece but was pretty great.

Don't believe the people who say it's crap. It has some really nice riffs, the delivery is on point, it has some legit amazing songs. The lyrics were only memed by people who can't into anything remotely abstract. The only drawbacks are sone weaker tracks and Kirk's yells on the background. I urge those who didn't to give it another try, after all it is a Lou Reed album. I'd give it like a 7/10

It's The Room of music

Same people who like it unironically defend Liturgy

>not Kill Em All
>not White Light/White Heat

Certainly not Lulu for either of them. I thought it was going to be interesting before I heard it back when it came out, but I was dead wrong. I even have a general dislike for Metallica's and Lou Reed's "legendary legacies".

Hunter did nothing wrong

I tried listening once but could finish, too fucking cheesy. David Bowie called it his best album since Berlin though.

I just listened to it recently and it's really good. Others probably are without the Napster goggles

>can we all agree
statistically...it's unlikely

>People hated Metal Machine Music at the time
everyone still does

>>not Kill Em All
dude no, even Load is better than that
has to be MoP

So are Metallica fans the ones who like this? I've never heard any Reed fans say they thought it was good.

>everyone
off urself

Master of Puppets has one good proper thrash song. The rest, while good, could have used quite a bit of trimming.

Transformer and Berlin >>> everything Metallica have made

No they hated it more than the Lou Reed fans. The only people that pretend to like it are Sup Forums contrarians

Lars pls go

>People are slowly realising how great St Anger is.
Fucking bullshit, every metalhead still thinks that St. Anger is a hilariously awful wreck. There are a handful of contrarians like you who think it's good but you faggots will never ever be the majority. However, I do think that Lulu will gain a significant cult following. St. Anger is bland shit that will never be critically reevaluated but Lulu is such an oddity that it's bound to attract some die hard fans.

I'm pretty sure people still hate St. Anger and Metal Machine Music.

Metal Machine Music has had a significant influence on rock music but most people still hate it. St. Anger is total shit that hasn't done any good for music so it'll always be hated by everyone.

people still hate st anger but not MMM

This has to be bait, no one is saying that St. Anger is great.
>I just listened to it recently and it's really good.
You're free to think whatever you what but you shouldn't delude yourself into thinking there are tons of other people that agree with you. Go onto a Metallica website or a metal website and everyone will laugh at you if you say St. Anger is great.
>Others probably are without the Napster goggles
Ahh, the old "everyone who disagrees with me is biased" argument. Get fucked.

Metal Machine Music got a lot of flack because it was released before the internet, where every release had some niche market. Lou Reed had established himself as an artsy yet accessible musician, so when he made an album that was experimental and downright hard to listen to, people were pissed off. It's like if Justin Timberlake just decided to release a harsh noise album, or Drake made a minimalist jazz album, the public would hate it. Except this was in a world where Sup Forums couldn't be there to swoop in and defend it.

Metallica fans think Lulu is a St. Anger tier abomination. David Bowie is the only person on the planet who legitimately thought Lulu is a masterpiece. Everyone else who praises it is just being a contrarian.

timberlake and drake were never in the velvet underground though

>i dont like it so everyone who does is a contrarian!

I love it when I see "can we all agree" on Sup Forums because the answer is literally always the same.

Oh fuck off, St. Anger is dreck.

this album turns trying too hard into an art form.

I'd expect this bullshit wankery from james fucking hetfield... but lou reed?

what was the old man thinking