Let's actually discuss this album. What does Sup Forums think? I think it's actually a really amazing album

Let's actually discuss this album. What does Sup Forums think? I think it's actually a really amazing album

dude marketing ploys lmao

it's decent desu

It's another in the increasingly long line of "I'm different" album from top 40 artists. Cynically made to capitalise on the think piece era and black lives matter. Beyonce is a fraud in every way.

It literally has almost nothing to do with Race. It's way more focused on infidelity than anything else.

You didn't listen to album. 2/10 bait.

Its good for a pop record. Freedom is a badman tune and the James blake tracks are beautiful senpai. Its also a Beyonce album. 6.5/10, not bad.

It has 40 writers.

It has nothing notable in style or substance.

Mediocre mainstream pop bullshit.

5/10 and that's objective truth.

>falling for the beyonce meme

It was a decent 5 or 6. I thought some of the beats were kinda cool, others were boring. I dont buy into the whole "fuck Beyonce" meme, so that probably helps

Its definitely above average for a pop record. Have you heard the shit Rihanna pumps out yearly ??

For top 40 this is the gold standard. Plus Freedom is a BADMAN 'UNE.

>For top 40
I don't care if it's top 40 or not. I don't let a mediocre album off the hook if it's popular

I like the songs but I dont like how most of they sound. they sound so glossy and polished in a fake way. I really can't explain why I feel that way but I do

im using "top 40" as a general term for pop music. i have no idea where this record actually charted.

Rihanna's album earlier this year is no worse than Lemonade

>For top 40 this is the gold standard.
Who gives a shit?

I dint listen to it, im judging this on the singles she's released which i think are much worse.

its garbage. you're unironically listening to beyonce

Dude i think you dislike this record more than i like it. We are saying the same thing, pop music is shit, this is like "hmm.. not bad".

Theres cool stuff on the record weather you wanna admit it or not (chord progression on Love Drought for one)

Firstly, what I've heard of it was mediocre, but alright for top 40, I guess.

I don't understand why it's being toted as some super important socially relevant album when it's subject matter boils down to "Jay Z cheated on me and I'm pretty mad about it".

I agree. I actually think the album is superb. How many top-40 artists actually transcend multiple genres all on the same album? it's incredible how diverse the tracks are. Very few artists try to push their boundaries in this way.

I don't know how anybody could call this album generic. It's a breath of fresh air.

shut the fuck up

Good album. Hold Up is one of the best pop songs in years. Don't even try to talk about here, the people who meme about it on this board haven't even listened to it.

How the fuck do you people listen to this?

All I can think about is how manufactured and fake this shit is.

this is a wild concept but outside of Sup Forums, the music you like isn't some sort of badge of honor used to prove how "patrician" you are. people listen to music because...they like listening to it.

Listening to Beyonce is like gargling melted acrylic.

>the music you like isn't some sort of badge of honor used to prove how "patrician" you are.
Shut the fuck up kid, you don't know me.