I just know I'm gonna get called out for being a shill, here, but I just gotta rant

I just know I'm gonna get called out for being a shill, here, but I just gotta rant.

Is it just me, or is Samsung the only manufacturer worth going with, anymore?

>carrier agnostic (once unlocked, an S9 from any carrier will work on any other, and even boot up with the correct branding/settings in the software, once the sim card is inserted)
>no fucking notch
>headphone jack
>Android with project treble, in the case of the S9
>unarguably the best screen, which is a very important part of a device that you'll be looking at the screen of at least six hours a day
>S8's camera still beats the shit out of any other 2017 phone's camera, and S9 will do the same to 2018
>actually listens to customers (moves fingerprint sensor, brings back SD slot, etc)

Why are we living in a world where Samsung is the most consumer-friendly company to buy a phone from? It didn't use to be this way.

As much as I don't want to say it, yes. All the other android manufacturers are just blindly copying what apple does by removing the headphone jack and including notches. Samsung is the only phone company that's doing it's own thing.

>closed bootloader
no

They've been slowly distancing themselves from Google with their own software, seeing how Google is the most unreliable piece of shit brand right now

It's not 2012 anymore, gramps, this doesn't matter.

>I'm gonna put cyanogenmod on my S9 hurrrrr

This. Why doesn't Samsung just ditch android and make their own OS?

Wouldn't be surprised to see them start using Tizen. Even Google is going to abandon Android eventually.

Sorry to break it to ya double-dubs, but Tizen is still a hot mess, so I hear.

I forgot Google is trying to ditch Android. Actually if they can fix the security holes maybe Tizen will have its day.

>carrier agnostic
>this is a feature
>implying that Exynos models work on Verizon or Sprint
>implying Apple doesn’t sell unlocked phones that work on all carriers

Considering the industry, yeah, it kinda fucking is a feature. It's sad, but true.

>implying Exynos models matter

>implying that's not the only good thing Apple does, so thank god someone finally copied that

They have to copy Apple because roasties and Chad's will only use iPhones or iPhone like products. 99% of apple users won't use any other kind of device no matter how good it is

We get it, your Apple™ iPhone™ X™ is a great phone and you just love It™©

>roasties and Chad's
This ain't /r9k/, kid.

Rounded glass is a meme, it's much more likely to break than flat glass.

Cyanogenmod has been discontinued and replaced by lineageOS

It's still true inigger

>>I'm gonna put cyanogenmod on my S9 hurrrrr
because putting near stock android on your phone is somehow retarded

It was really terrible with the S7 Edge, yes, but they've been kinda able to refine it down by now and I actually kinda like it.

I agree that it's fragile as fuck and impossible to put a screen protector on and would prefer a flat screen though, yes. Just giving credit where it's due.

>fingerprint sensor still on the back
>still near the camera lens
dropped (the glass broke too)

why are you lying about the camera op? the s9's might be the best so far, but the s8 wasn't as good as the pixel 2's and iphone 8/x apparently

The Exynos models are much faster and aren’t cucked by Qualcomm

it just sucks we get stuck with the qualcom version of their phones in the US

If they decided to
>put a 4000+mAh battery
>make them a bit smaller, like 5-5.2"
>sell them for under 500 eurodollars
>give the chance to users to put whatever ROM they want (I just hate Touchjizz and love AOSP look)
Then I'd sell my fucking ass to have one

does the dual camera have any advantage to the single camera on the S9's, image quality wise?

Just buy a Lumia

Xiaomi is better.

>>carrier agnostic (once unlocked, an S9 from any carrier will work on any other, and even boot up with the correct branding/settings in the software, once the sim card is inserted)

Don't all phones work like that?

Or do you mean in America?

I'm sure that's what they ultimately want to do, seeing that they're using Tizen for their watch, and making their own ecosystem on android with the Galaxy apps store and their own suit of apps...
But the thing is, as long as big applications like facebook, snapshat or you name it, are only on Android, moving to another OS (like Tizen), is the same thing as shooting your own foot, with a gun loaded with rusted bullets.

muh stock android.

stock android is bland just like the majority of this board

Just get a 3310

>bloated software

>2018
>using a headphone jack
What the fuck are you doing?

>before iphone7: i like listening to music on my wired headphones that connect via the headphone jack.
>after iphone 7: a headphone jack? what are you, a caveman?

I have never owned an iPhone, I absolutely despise Apple. Nice try though.

I'm not being a retard, you should try it sometime.

iirc the second camera is mainly for zoom and wide angle

The newer Sony phones look pretty good desu.

It is, photo quality is on par if not better than the Pixel 2 once you install the Pixel 2 camera on you galaxy.
Hdr + and portrait mode work like a charm on my S8, just as in a Pixel phone to be honest.

Also Portrait mode is TRASH on the IPHONE X, it's shameful.

Pixel 2 is all about the software though.

No bootloader, no buy