Can we talk about chairs?

Can we talk about chairs?

What type of chair do you use and how much did you spend?

Other urls found in this thread:

fastcodesign.com/90162377/are-standing-desks-the-biggest-sham-ever
youtube.com/watch?v=y6C6vmEzdJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I sit on the floor ;_;

I ordered a Steelcase Gesture that should be here sometime next week. It was $1k

My chair is completely rekt, using it for 19 years now

IKEA MARKUS

All that fake leather crap gives me flashbacks to the Ikea shit I sat on for too long.

Pic is what I have now. Got it on Craigslist for $130

bought this a few days ago, it's honestly pretty ugly but it's cheap. i sat in a bunch of chairs and this was the most comfortable for my back. i cant order chairs off amazon, i need to sit in them

>IKEA MARKUS
Is it good? how tall are you?
The chair in the top left of looks the same but is only half the price. Thought about buying that.

Aeron, £850, bought it years ago and it's still fine.

this

Same question as

I went to the closest office supply store and bought a chair with a padded seat and a mesh back for about $300 I weigh ~250 lbs and sit in it for hours every day.

I recently replaced the wheels with soft polyurethane, like rollerblades, wheels.

>I weigh ~250 lbs and sit in it for hours every day
maybe you should get up and move around for hours every day and shed some of that Fat Ass

mine looks almost exactly like the bottom chair. it was $100 AUD. i like it.

Yeah it's good, I'm 6 ft / 182cm. Chair is taller than me when sitting.
I have it since 4 years or so and it's still like new, except the leather I sit on is a little wavy after all this time, nothing flaky or broken though.
I just wish it had ways to adjust the armrest a little for when I feel like it.
It's a solid recommendation and often shilled as a good allrounder
The one in the pic looks similar, yeah, generally looks good but I don't know that model.

fastcodesign.com/90162377/are-standing-desks-the-biggest-sham-ever

Not sure why you posted this but you're supposed to pair one with a treadmill, not just stand there all day.

youtube.com/watch?v=y6C6vmEzdJI

aeron crew reporting in, bought this with my tax return a couple years ago

absolutely terrible article that contradicts the cited metastudy. not surprised considering the article is written by
>Jesus Diaz founded the new Sploid for Gawker Media after seven years working at Gizmodo, where he helmed the lost-in-a-bar iPhone 4 story. He's a creative director, screenwriter, and producer at The Magic Sauce and a contributing writer at Fast Company.

can we talk about sitting stances?

I almost always sit with the chair on a 45 degree angle and lean my left shoulder on the side. Not sure how good that is for the back but feels amazing

oh, and I spent next to nothing on the chair. Feels alright, got a package deal when I took over the room I'm living in

I hope you're still here. One very important question. Can you put your legs on the table and comfortably rest your back on it without falling over and shit?
like pic related

>dis lil nigga hasn't ever heard of squats

It's great, have one myself. I really like the materials and how solid it all feels. Got it for ~800$ second hand, two years old with 8 years left of warranty. Was trying to find something similarly low-key designed that doesn't scream "we're trying hard to be ergonomic" and would look like ass. Had picked one alternative, but got the chance to sit on one of these before buying.

It didn't really help with posture or anything though, that seems more like a meme.

This is literally the only decent option unless you're up to spending hundreds.

do you own one? if yes check

Haworth, Herman Miller, or Steelcase. Something with a warranty that will last a long time. No gaming meme chairs even when sponsored.

Yeah you can. I basically spoend 80% of my sitting time like that and I never fell.
You can even stand on one or two wheels pretty comfortably (tho that's not good for the chair's frame).
I've had two of these chair over the last 10 years (more or less). They're pretty sturdy, in spite of me treating them pretty bad.
One thing I'd criticize them for is size: I'm 6'1 200lbs and I fit pretty snuggly. Wouldn't reccomend it for bigger guys.

Thanks for detailed answer, one more thing. I know they come in 2 variants, one with cloth seat one made of leather, which one do you prefer? I'd go for leather but summers here are 30C+ (86f) so I don't want to fry my balls and sit in my own sweat.

>summers here are 30C+
Same here, sucks.
Both of mine were leather, and yeah they can get sticky. I wouldn't imagine them being any warmer than stuffed cloth tho.
I can't give you an owner's opinion on the cloth one, but they looked so cheap at the store I never considered buying them.

OK I guess I'll go with a "leather one". Thanks again senpai

These threads always make me lightly chuckle.

I wonder if the all the people in this thread with chairs under $100 are the ones recommending $800+ chairs?

>I wonder if the all the people in this thread with chairs under $100 are the ones recommending $800+ chairs?
What motivation would they have to do so?

I own a 90$ chair and I'm recommending a 200$ chair, but in my defense either Ikea doubled the listing price or I bpught it at a discount without noticing.

r8 my current chair

Mine dripped oil for a couple of years, and some of the metal inside broke off and made noises. Also the armrests don't adjust and it isn't really soft to sit on.
Still a pretty good chair though. I really enjoy the mesh back, tall head support and adjustable weight tilting.
Not the best chair, but great for that kind of money

>cute (+2)
>wood (+2)
>no reclining back (-100)
>no armrests (-2)
>liable to break if I stand on the backlegs (-2)
Total: -100, p.bad

mom's kitchen chair is the best option out there

I agree that the ergonomics stuff is overblown a bit, but coming from a shitty goodwill chair, the lumbar support the aeron has is very nice

I find that mesh chairs are the most comfy, gotta find a good one though

That's not a standing desk anymore, that's a walking desk

I have one myself. 178cm tall. If I sit back straight my head will be on its headrest.

Got it for around 110 euros.

mirra 2 is the only chair that has never given me problems.

it's always my shoulders/neck get pushed forward, or my lumbar isn't supported, or it puts too much pressure on my thighs cutting of circulation, or I can't sit in it for long periods. the mirra 2 gives me none of these issues. i got one at work and i'll be getting one for my b-day.

believe me as you get older/heavier this stuff starts to mean A LOT more to you.

My dad got Mr something off amazon and I sit like an alpha

The only people I've met that use standing desks are people who do very little work like managers. Using one as a developer for more than an hour or so is completely impractical

I got myself a 2nd hand Aeron about 4 years ago for $300 or so and haven't looked back.

I am glad you say this I just ordered a mirra 2 myself!

KAB Controller, had it 8 years best chair I've used. Operators at my work use them, managed to buy through my company at corporate price, $950AU. They are north of $1500AU from the factory for punters. Got the cloth variant, will try leather next time and maybe go for the Executive but currently no complaints.

Also aeron crew. From the area and you can get them for cheap from rebuilders around here.

At home I sit on the edge of the bed. At work I have an $800 Steelcase Leap. It hurts my back.

Chairs are important man. Keep dis thread goin.

Have anyone of you all slept on your chair? I'm looking for something good enough that I could pass out without worrying about dying.

At work: a knoll generation, lots of people have embodys, they're both great, embody is better

At home: just a generic office chair, when that breaks i'm grabbing an embody