*triples the cost of a new GPU*

*triples the cost of a new GPU*

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/2/16/17017910/bitcoin-mining-radio-astronomy-gpu-shortage-price-hike
gamasutra.com/view/news/29983/GDC_Europe_To_Succeed_In_FreeToPlay_Exploit_Human_Weaknesses.php
pcgamer.com/interview-valve-want-to-see-you-sweat-and-make-a-game-of-it/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ethereum did that, Bitcoins can't be (profitably) mined on GPUs anymore.

Good, fuck gamers.

This. All of the games developed today are designed for the exact same goal, there are almost no video games designed to tell you a real story or pass a message, it's an entirely consumerist media whose only ambition is to smash your dopamine button to milk you out of your attention and money.

Why not just play indie games? Obviously the AAA hyper-corporate skinner box games are shit, but indie devs are pushing the envelope literally daily.

Same shit
Waste of time

Witcher 3, Divinity OS:2. I agree that 90% of modern gaymes are complete crap, but not all of them.

>24 hours later and I remembered the codepoint first try.

Gamers aren't the only ones who use GPUs though. Things like rendering, protien folding simulations, and SETI are taking a huge hit because some retards with too much money are filling warehouses with GPUs for monopoly money.

*blocks your chain*

Name one single piece of entertainment that doesn't fit your definition.

good things nobody gives a shit about gaymers

>what is science

theverge.com/2018/2/16/17017910/bitcoin-mining-radio-astronomy-gpu-shortage-price-hike

>retards with too much money
Bitshits don't have money. They're scalpers who buy as many GPUs as they can get their greasy hands on with money they don't even have and kill themselves whenever the price drops and they can't pay back in time.

Literally 2deep4u bullshit and metroidvania/pixel trash.

No. Fuck gamblers.

>there are almost no video games designed to tell you a real story or pass a message
fuck off if I wanted a story I'd read a book, not get it from a shitty B-tier script in a game

Literature hasn't been mass market profitable for like 50 years.

>b-but i need to run muh games at extra settings
GTX 670 still going strong

Harry Potter, fifty shades. Try another.

For something even more worthless than gaming.

Here is the redpill for you: all of the big companies that you worship so much like Blizzard, Valve, DICE, Rockstar, etc... are testing and calibrating extensively their games with biometrics tools and behavioral experiments so they can distill the exact amount of frustration and pleasure to make you crave for the feelings again and again and again so you will spend money on their product (being by microtransactions or buying their next game) or talk about it and attract others in your degeneracy like blackholes are swallowing light.
There has been some articles talking about it but most of the industry avoid the subject because it would force them to reveal how their so called "QA department" work (pro-tip: it's not ethical) and how their testers are basically chimps for experiments. Of course they prefer to show you how "creative" and "passionate" their game designers are and how they want to provide you an "experience" in some bullshit "behind the scene video" when in the back they have mechanized game design to level you wouldn't believe.
gamasutra.com/view/news/29983/GDC_Europe_To_Succeed_In_FreeToPlay_Exploit_Human_Weaknesses.php
pcgamer.com/interview-valve-want-to-see-you-sweat-and-make-a-game-of-it/

Video games have always been designed to take your money, retard.

Recently these companies understood they could capitalize on legions of young recluse white men with no real channels to express their competitive instincts (ironically BECAUSE they spent their childhood inside playing the vidyajew) and manufactured virtual hierarchies around their games with """e-sport""", matchmaking/ranking systems and streaming.
They want their audience to believe that you can become rich and famous if you waste your youth smashing buttons on their dopamine mouse trap, that's why Valve or Riots or EA are spending hundreds of millions in events to glorify some skinny or fat retards who decided that spending all day training to be good at the last FPS (which will be forgotten in 5 years) was a valid lifestyle.
I saw dozens of faggots during the last 5 years who had the potential to become high value individuals in society, people that could have been engineers, teachers, doctors, entrepreneurs, etc... and who fell into the trap of dedicating everything for a "rank" on some MOBA, FPS or MMO, spending an astronomical amount of hours learning everything about something ABSOLUTELY USELESS in every other aspect of life because the game mechanics where designed to make them feel very good 10 minutes a day. The funniest and tragic part was that they blame their failure on ADD or depression or anxiety or whatever bullshit they read online, not realizing their "passion" is what that completely fried their reward system.
Don't fall for the vidyajew Sup Forums, if you are bored at home read a book, exercise, learn to program, learn an instrument or read about networking.

Literally anything you can buy is designed to take your money by definition.

If you are going to make a shit bait attempt with copy pasta then at least make sure that your pasta is relevant.
Here is your (you) child, don't spend it all at once.

Deep down you know it's the reality of your condition and that's why you feel so angry and offended otherwise you would provide arguments, but there a none because everything is fact.

Based Bitcoin.

I hope it crashes so everyone getting in on it and stealing the GPU's from us suffers financially and goes bankrupt.
Then we can play some good video games with discounted used parts too.
>inb4 projection, I have a 1070 and bought it before the whole craze

See

older video games

wow you sure wanted to sound smart but its the btc fucking up the prices, when btc dies so will every other shitcoin
now go back to Sup Forums where you can pretend to be smart

There is no reptilian jew conspiracy to sap your "young recluse white male competitive instincts" and make everyone a game addict. You just realized that games are pointless masturbation just like movies, TV, "literature" and every other form of entertainment. Now you are projecting your past stupidity onto everyone else...

No shit, obviously they do that. Why wouldn't they?

Who cares?

*blocks your upgrade path*

I don't pay for micro transactions
I know a dude who spent 2 grand on league of legends. I will never understand this utter stupidity

>All of the games developed today are designed for the exact same goal, there are almost no video games designed to tell you a real story or pass a message

LOLOLOLOL. You play games for the story?! An hero you fuck.

>tfw can afford two Voltas without blinking

git gud poorfags

Thanks. People on here are so fucking stupid and ungrateful. Thanks for the info. It's all very true.

Indeed, quite a fascinating look into the inner machinations of the gaming jew.

Unintelligent peons looking to smear the truth with nonsense ramblings. Fools.