Why did it have to die?

Why did it have to die?

Every Canonical multi-year software project turns out to be shittier than some hobbyist's alternative.

>Udindu
Found your problem.

>misspelling ubuntu
It has only one vowel. How retarded can you be?

it sucked...

Because linuxtards hate Canonical for some reason, soon Red Hat will dominate every part of the system. Thankfully I got out of that poisonous ecosystem and community. Enjoy your inferior DEs, you get what you deserve.

cuz cuckhat and gnomeme shills

i want to fug kanna

Me too

It shouldn't have been born in the first place.

lurk more before posting

Because everything about it was shit. Keyboard shortcuts, trying to hack every application to work with global menu, breaking compatibility with tweak tool, ran/processor usage, shitloads of dependencies, and wasting time and resources on unity8/mir.
Canonical also decided after this catastrophe to go with the way of least effort and chose gnome above *anything else* that could've become much better if they have used some of their manpower.
I wouldn't get much surprised if they had to start forcing old versions of gnome software for new releases or fork gnome entirely (again) after a year or two.
They simply stopped trying after years and years of effort wasted on the failure unity was.

No you.

Spyware, anything 'free' with corporate involvement is not 'free'.

if Ubuntu is shit, what should I be using? I'm just now getting into UNIX systems. Literally was a few minutes away from installing it, until I saw this thread

>be canonical
>have a shot at developing a truly desktop ready linux
>fuck it up with prdouct placement

They are the niggers of the GNU/Linux community

Ubuntu is not inherently shit, it's just that is main version (the one that currently ships with Gnome) is probably the single most bloated distro out there and comes with amazon ads. Its spins are generally very good though.

Eh, I actually kinda liked it but I don't know any other distro that used it.

>ipad ui on desktop

Because you didn't reply to "your mom will die in her sleep".

like said, you could use lubuntu, xubuntu, kubuntu or ubuntu mate. pick the one you like better.

Thanks, anons

because linux lusers have bad taste and prefer dysfunctional UIs.

>I don't know any other distro that used it
That's because they had to patch shitloads of libraries and programs (mostly gtk and gnome stuff) to make it work.

Ubuntu is literally some kind of Zulu word. So you would be correct.

Try KDE Neon
It uses Ubuntu LTS as a base with the latest KDE, it's pretty neat

Ubuntu and its flavors are good distros, especially for newcomers.
But it is bloated and has some (usually extremely exaggerated) privacy concerns.
You always could simply disable or remove them.
Xubuntu would probably be the best flavor to recommend, but it has vsync issues on newer intel gpus and nvidia gpus.
If you are concerned about privacy or bloat you may want to try Debian, which Ubuntu is based upon.
Manjaro is another popular option here, although i can't recommend it, but it is labeled as easy for newbies, a lot of GUI system tools/programs.

How is xubuntu pronounced?

who cares really. I just say (e)X-ubuntu.

It was shit man. Embrace KDE.

I cannot recommend manjaro for newcomers because of GPU drivers alone. I went through various problems with my drivers among different distros, but they were usually not serious. Some microstutter, long boot times etc. But on manjaro, which attempts to set up all drivers on installation, it just erupted into an eternal unfixable black screen. The distro that gve me by far the least problems with Nvidia is Solus.

Ecks-ubuntu.

Plasma devs should stop with the features and focus on stability and compositor at this point, others still need a lot of time to catch up.

zoo buntu

as an all-time nvidia owner, i dont see how any distro (with the exception of fedora, or debian if you have a new card) that comes with nvidia drivers in the repos can give you any problems. You just need to update your whole system before installing the drivers so they won't build the kernel modules for an old kernel version. Arch had some meme moments with xorg.conf but who would start (or end) with arch.

>Enjoy your inferior DEs
Eh, I mostly live in the terminal and Firefox anyway. I hope you have fun with your Mac, though.

> Thankfully I got out of that poisonous ecosystem and community.
Why are you even on this site?

Why xubuntu would be better than Mate.

No reason, they're pretty even in performance, customizability and default software. Xubuntu is simply more popular. I have to admit though, Ubuntu mate is /fa/ as fuck, their defaults are pretty.

"dindo" is a variation of "didn't do." It's a reference to the parents/friends of black criminals saying that they "didn't do nuffin' "

He's disaraging Ubuntu by associating it with black criminals and black culture.

Now we know! Thanks G.I. Joe!

ZOO BOON TOO

Ksubuntu.

this
we have a winner here

>Unity is your mom

ravioli ravioli don't lewd the dragon loli

I'm surprised they're going with GNOME instead of KDE. If Ubuntu is the entry point for a lot of people coming into Linux then they should pick something that would be familiar to Windows users.

i want to shove my canoli in that loli

i have problems with mouse button input lag on mate, so i didn't post it, but if it works for someone it's probably much better. Its a shame really, i like it otherwise. Anons also bash it because of gtk3 meme.

gnome is the logical choice, because most of the software used on unity was gnome-native. Going KDE would be probably best later on but throwing mainstream users from gnome ecosystem into kde ecosystme could even kill the distro,