Glorious Noctua Air Cooler Master Race

Name a better CPU cooler brand. You won't be able to.
>stunning unique beautiful brown and beige fans (if you're an RGB kid you probably won't like the professional and classy look of the Noctua fans)
>fucking silent
>amazing temps (matches/beats aios)
>0% risk of the liquid solution leaking all over your expensive components, leaving the components destroyed
>0% risk of pump failing, leaving your computer unusable until you replace the cooler
>no pump noise because no retarded pump
>top of the line best in the world air coolers cost as much as entry level trash can worthy aios (even aios that cost twice as much as top of the line best in the world air coolers are shit-tier trash can worthy ex:NZXT Kraken vomit)

There is only one negative to air coolers. Some of them are so huge you won't be able to see your beautiful RAM. But not being able to admire your RAM is a small price to pay for the godlike acoustics and freezing-temps.

This'll sure rustle the jimmies of liquidfags.

AIR4LYFE. I am a proud owner of the Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 and feel sorry for the plebs who fell for the aio and custom liquid cooling meme.

Honourable mentions:
be quiet!
Cooler Master

in terms of performance for price any huge ass heat sink with 6+ heat pipes is going to be quiet

Of course I still have a DH-14 because I wanted it but arguing about this shit is gay

been using NH-D15 for almost 4 years now, working perfectly fine. love the look too

because i bought a scythe kotestu and it's quieter, lighter and $30 and not ugly

keeps my 6700k @ 4ghz under 60 degrees

Add Scythe to the list.
>Good performance per buck
>Good support (at least Western Europe)
>Offers some "weird" solutions besides the standard block with a fan slapped on
>Used to build the gentle typhoon
>Kaze Flex is amazing and comes in nice grey tones

Negative would be that they're kinda unknown and their reviews are more often seen on weeb sites.

It's fine. Didn't want a tower, didn't want AIO and the fan on my stock Intel cooler was slowly shitting the bed. Really wish the mobo came with better adjustment tools so I could make a better curve.

Next build I'm going SFF and building a custom loop with an external radiator and pump. It'll give me something to do, air cooling is pretty boring and easy to handle. Strap it in and set it up and the curves take care of the rest. I kinda wanna do some fabrication and designing.

>kinda unknown
That's probably why I've never heard of them. Now I know another CPU cooler brand. Thanks user.

>stock Intel cooler
I've always left the stock cooler in the CPU box. I don't see a reason to not go with at the very least a budget aftermarket cooler. You can get a great aftermarket cooler for 30-40 USD. If you can't afford an extra 30-40 USD, you shouldn't even be building a PC in the first place.

Kind of an edgelord logo/name too.

>mfw I fell for the AIO meme

Damn that sucks.

I've always been a fan of cooler master. I bought their Hyper 212+ back in the day for $19 and it cooled 5 different processors in it's life. I have an R7-1700X now being cooled by their more up to date Hyper 212X dual fan model.

Their 2-ball bearing and sleeve bearing fans are garbage though. Glad they changed up their internals.

Oh well, its a master liquid pro 240 that works great for now. When it eventually shits the bed and sprays liquid all over my case I'll have a reason to upgrade my aging i7-920

Pic related

Those are extremely good for the price. I see no reason to stick with the stock AMD/Intel CPU cooler when you can get one of those for dirt cheap.

Ye if it works there's no reason to upgrade to a tower air cooler. Still better than a stock cooler.

Granted the 212X dual fan model I have Is like $41. But their Hyper 212 Evo single fan model is only $25 and if your case has the clearance, there's no reason not to have one.

Although if we're being completely honest, AMD wraith spire cooler is decent. Their wraith max is very good, but it's like $60

Add Thermalright to the list too. They make some really nice coolers for the price.

Even at $41 there's still no reason not to get it over the stock cooler. You have to be on a hardcore budget to not be able to spend an extra $41.

The Wraith Spire is definitely decent. Probably because it's made by Cooler Master. Pretty fun fact that not many know about.

>Thermalright
Can't believe that I forgot about them. That cooler looks classy. Also, Thermaltake make good ones as well.

For one you're a faggot, the stocker is just fine for the 65W CPU it came with, and ran well enough even during demanding loads. Secondly, spending an extra $50 for zero tangible benefit is literally retarded.
>If you can't afford an extra 30-40 USD, you shouldn't even be building a PC in the first place.
Finally, why would you spend that when you can better invest it in a better GPU cooler which has far less third party support? A better clocked GPU will net me far more in my use case.

>zero tangible benefit
better temps and better acoustics
>GPU cooler
that meme?

I like it, reminds me of some late 90s gaming brand.

>defending this AIDS-tier CPU cooler

I wear a headset any time it's under load.
>NVIDIA cards with "boost 2.0" heavily modulate clocks/power depending on thermals
>they target a specific operating temperature
>they benefit greatly from better coolers
>base clock OC under warranty
>all for $30-40 difference

It is pretty AIDS. But it works.

How about getting a good CPU cooler and a good GPU cooler?

>I wear a headset
kys

I did when the stock failed.
AKG K545s with a mic mounted, faggot. Get on my level.

I fell for the liquid cooling meme and I love it, my hdd and fans are louder than the pump and it keeps my CPU at room temp on idle and literally like 50F cooler on load because AMD housefire stock cooler.

I still want noctua fans though

>get on my level faggot
Is probably an Intel peasant

6700 non-k, no OC
65w

lul skyshit lake.

So glad I chose the Ryzen 5 1600X over a baby lake or coffin lake.

Witness their gloriousness.

They weren't out at the time and AMD got outplayed so I went with the cooler quieter stock cooler included 6700 on sale. Not a bad deal, it's handled everything I've thrown at it in 1080. I'm looking to get a 1440p display and rebuild. Looking forward to Zen2, that's probably what I'll buy if it plays well. Intel has been shitting the bed since Skylake, unless they really hit the nail on the head they're D R O P P E D.

Reckon Zen2'll drop on AM4 or will they use a new socket? DDR5 standard?

Ye at the time Skylake was the way to go. The FX chips weren't as bad as they were made out to be though.

And I'm pretty sure next is Zen+, then after that Zen 2. Both Zen+ and Zen2 will be use the AM4 socket. And I'm sure DDR4 is going to be around for a bit longer.

>But it works.

I don't use pathetic shit like air that any poor person can afford on my high end equipment ty

I'll get some when I have enough money to overhaul my PC or if any of my fans fail.

>dust

>shit colored fans

Worst b8 on this gay earth

How

Agreed. Got the Mugen 5. Doesn't really lack for anything, and the price is alright.

Reeves Justice 2x Coldwing 12 fans master race reporting in.

Small, efficient, unobtrusive.

I love it.

Ddr5 won't be until at least 2020

Wasn't actually bad. Even if you were in berserker mode and fucked the pins those were actually replaceable in seconds.

Can't think of any home uses that would use DDR5 anyhow.

Pretty sure almost no one would even notice if they had their DDR4 in single channel mode all along.

Apus would notice ddr4 single channel

Small, efficient, unobtrusive, great acoustics, beautiful, great cooling performance.

I love it.

>is saying that an AIDS-tier CPU cooler "isn't that bad"
Pic related. It's you.

Hey as long as you don't fall for the aio or custom loop meme, you're master race.

I've never had the stock cooler fail or under-perform.

Cooling jews gonna jew.

Where is the NH-D16??

>better temps
>better acoustics
>better aesthetics
No reason not to pay up 30 shekels (at the minimum) so you don't have to use an AIDS-tier CPU cooler.

Not released yet. I'm probably going to jizz my pants when I see it since I am a hardcore Noctua fanboy.

None of those things matter.

The processor has an operating temperature range that the stock cooler hits easily without ever going full blast so they aren't loud either.

>Aren't loud
It may not be loud but it's still audible.
>Doesn't matter what it looks like
You probably have one of those AIDS-tier cases without a window.

Who was the guy? The legendary man...the mythical man...

Who was this extraordinary man who when asked what color to make the fans uttered..

SHIT FUCKING BROWN.

I wish to meet this man...

I dunno, I've heard speculation that it's nearer rather than further away. I'd figure they'd try to implement it on Zen2 but at the same time it makes just as much sense to push it on the next uarch iteration, if not more considering they started Zen on DDR4.

Not quite

The Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT is literally one of the best air coolers you can buy and it's under $100.
I can set the fan curves so they're not even on most of the time and my temps are great.

I was thinking of replacing my aio with a noctua air cooler because the pump is starting to make a weird noise. any reason why I should prefer one of the noctua air coolers over this?

Noctua fans are beautiful. You just have bad taste.

I stopped caring about plexiglass on cases right around when they started being sold that way.

OP here. Be quiet is amazing too. Honestly you can't go wrong with either. If you have a be quiet case, go with the Dark Rock 3 so it'll match.

The heatsink is perfectly fine, the fan is shitty on mine and makes whirring noises even when at just 300 rpm.

>spending extra money just to spend extra money

Wrong, you flaming faggot. It's so I don't have to use an AIDS-tier CPU cooler.

Probably all the same unless you're hyper-autistic. Most tests are mediocre at best since they require an anechoic chamber. I think Tom's had one but I could never find reviews out of it. Pressure and flow are circumstantial and expensive to measure as well. From most of the tests I've seen though Noctua nears the top but usually only marginally with the competition, within levels you probably couldn't detect without deliberately listening really hard in a side-by-side.

The stock cooler works fine. You might as well light $40 on fire.

Bump you fan curve base speed up, maybe?

do you think I can replace the be quiet cooler fan with a noctua fan? I know this is an industrial 2000pwm fan but it has pwm as well so I can lower rpm down to 400~

>You might as well light $40 on fire.
That is hardcore b8. Buying an aftermarket CPU cooler is an amazing investment. You will get better temps, better acoustics and better aesthetics.

I paid $89.95 for my Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 and don't regret it a bit. Have fun with your AIDS-tier stock cooler that came in the box while I use my inaudible world class air cooler.

when i bought my threadripper, noctua didnt have a tr4 compatible cooler. also i already had a kraken x62.

Just buy a Noctua cooler instead. Why buy a be quiet cooler if you're going to replace the fan on it with Noctua one?

>threadripper
What do you do on your PC? Megatasking?

Hard to say, I think the shit is standardized so the depth should be similar enough and the mounting mechanism is relatively simple on my model at least. I'd double check the dimensions on that one and whatever fan(s) come pre-installed on your select tower.

uhm yeah, you are right. in the end I guess I can just go with the NH-U14S and replace the fan with an industrial pwm fan

>people like you pissing money away because muh shiny things
>people like you suddenly find they can't afford housing or healthcare and elect politicians who promise to give you free stuff
>my taxes and insurance premiums go up because of people like you
You are the scum of the earth

You won't be disappointed. Noctua is pretty much the Rolls-Royce of CPU coolers. Also, they're ridiculously easy to install.

Damn, that escalated quickly.

You're just salty because you are using an AIDS-tier CPU cooler. I am in love with my glorious Noctua cooler. Have fun having AIDS in your PC lad.

play vns

Shitty standard fans, though.

There's no reason to prefer, they both perform top of the line. So just go with whatever you get for cheaper.

I get the feeling youre brown too.

That's turd brown thing is butt fucking ugly. Of all the fucking color choices and they chose that shit... literally.

RGB kid detected. Your peabrain is incapable of seeing the beauty of the glorious colours they chose.

>intentionally ugly is good looking
>anyone who thinks otherwise belongs to a demograpic I don't like
Fedora wearing contrarians, everyone.

>implying that Noctua fans are ugly
Pic related. It's you.

It's too bad they don't make cases

Ye, I bet they'd be the quietest in the world.

>proprietary fan dimensions and mounting holes

absolutely disgusting, what will you do if the fan dies? Be Quiet, NZXT and Phanteks can go fuck themselves for using proprietary connectors and dimensions on their shit

can't get any quieter than not existing.

>not using stock fans
>being a fucking dumbshit overclocking ricerfuck that needs 725 fans in his system to keep it anywhere near cool even when just browsing the internet

>unique beautiful
>beautiful RAM
Thanks now i know they're shit

>725 fans in a PC
You can't put that many fans in an ATX case, you motherfucking brainlet. Into the trash you go.