2017+1

>2017+1
>most motherboards still don't have built-in wifi

WHY

>wifi
kys

Couldn't that worsen the quality of the signal if it is inside the case vs. some USB thingy you plug in?

The antennas are outside the case.

Because you add a wlan module by usb, m.2, pci or whatever else IF you need it (like when you can't use superior cabled ethernet)

But usb adapters suck and internal adapters ruin the aesthetic of my build.

This...
and this :
It's called security... No one wants that shit perma wired on their boards thus why its often on removable modules... and i always run my main desktops wired. laptops/cell/htpc wireless which are all built in.

> internal adapters ruin the aesthetic of my build.
FAG.. Dropped

>But usb adapters suck
No.

> internal adapters ruin the aesthetic of my build
Turns out it's supposed to be a computer, not a mainboard presentation display. Surprising.

You can fully solve this by not using transparent cases and other silly shit.

I installed an M.2 E-key 8265 WiFi module in my Crosshair VI so that I wouldn't have an ugly PCIe card below, or above my GPU.
I also bought an AIO liquid cooler so that it wouldn't block my RGB LEDs, because otherwise what's the point in having G-Skill RGB RAM.

To reduce cost.

Only normies use wireless.

Uh, it;s a computer. There is supposed to be wires and cables running out the back. One little Wi-Fi dongle/antenna won't hurt anything. Use Ethernet, shit's faster and more secure.

>wifi on a stationary desktop

>not using ethernet

> mfw troll post.
> mfw claims to be serious about computing and has a wireless connection to his desktop
> mfw NEET and internet router isn't in his computing room
> mfw didn't buy asrock w/ wifi module
> mfw bought shit tier asus meme board

> so that I wouldn't have an ugly PCIe card below, or above my GPU.
That's what the M.2 Key slot is for.

>M.2 Key slot is for
Yes, I installed my 8265 into the M.2 key slot under the I/O shield.

Also, I do have a router in my room, with a wired connection to my desktop. The 8265 is mostly for Bluetooth, but also because I just felt like it.
I bought the Crosshair VI because it was the best X370 board at launch. There were no X370 boards with WiFi at Ryzen launch.
Asus mid-high end is pretty good desu.

She a thot though

ew

wat

antennae you might not want poking from motherboard to outside of case. sounds gross.

>Aesthetics

Most of our clients thinks that our alternating White to black workstations that that NZXT s340 cases think that it clean and pro looking as fuck even it has cables connected to it. We stole the look from some korean PC bang

Most people access the Internet on their desktop by connecting it directly to the modem/router via cable. The few who don't do that can just spend a few bucks to get a wireless adapter. There's not much incentive for manufacturers to give their motherboards built-in Wi-Fi capability when most people aren't going to use that feature anyway. It's an unnecessary expense.

go away nsa attack vector shill

>aesthetic