Any design concepts in the last few years that you just knew was a stupid idea?

Any design concepts in the last few years that you just knew was a stupid idea?

OP's conception.
Was a sound idea but it ended up terrible.

... How does that even ...

Even if it worked well it would still be terrible to type on so why bother? Unless you're a soyboi, I suppose.

Sealed / "integrated" batteries, on screen navbars, decreasing information density for size, bubble cars with huge air pockets and little cabin space, flatland.

For style*

This thing

4:2:0 blaze it fagit chroma sub sampling literally on 99% of video out there. Just realized that because of this "4K" video is true native 1080p video and you need 8K video to have true native 4K video on my 4K TV I paid over $1,000 for. FUCK

Removing useful ports for the sake of >muh minimalism aesthetic. Whoever thought this was a good idea deserves to have their children raped in front of them by niggers.

Sorry to be the contrarĂ­an here but they do need to go, 802.11ac can replace usb, ethernet, ect and 7Gbps is more pretty much everything.

The only thing holding back 802.11ad from becoming the I/O universal standard is high power consumption but if battery tech improves this won't be a problem anymore.

also: artificial intelligence, quantum computing, all other gay shit that gives the scifi autists a delusional boner.

You're just afraid.

I'd imagine this would've been mostly paired with tablets for XTREME PORTABILITY

your kids will soon be raped by niggers, please enjoy

You're just retarded

>some marketer was paid a six figure salary to come up with this bullshit rationalization

Even the most retarded tech illiterate older than dirt baby boomer doesn't go plugging the power cord into the wrong port. They are physically keyed differently. It is not physically possible to plug a barrel connector into a USB or other data port nor is it possible with Apple's magsafe adapter. Apple has solved a problem literally nobody had.

don't tell me that's a real ad. no way.

von neumann architecture

Jesus christ, 802.11ad in 7Gbps mode is nothing like 802.11n in 75Mbps you fucking mongs. I just said high power consumption is keeping 802.11ad from completely replacing most if not all ports.

I agreed and posited an alternative because I feel like ports should go not that I believe they shouldn't exist right now. Certain conditions have to be met (ie 0.5kW batteries in slim laptops) before we remove important ports like 10Gbps ethernet ports and HDMI.

This shit is old as fuck.

>conception
>sound idea
>EVER
Yeah... no.

I can't believe people hyped that shit up. are "journalists" not allowed to shit on something if the maker of that something comes on their show?

>last few years
> 1945

Go step on a lego.

Even if 802.11d has 7gbps ( ~880 megabyte/s), that bandwidth has to be shared between every peripheral connected to your device.

That's fucking nothing once you actually connect some shit.

I have actually seen this opinion on Sup Forums

Solar roadway
this
and waiting for quantum computing to get btfo soon

On screen nav buttons are a good idea.

Yup. Easiest thing to see failing
>New console
>Android based
>Unheard of company
These should have all been key signs, but the most crucial one
>No games.

At 60 GHz a piece of cardboard will block your signal.

>Safe area
>on a phone
will sjws ever stop infecting everything.

On screen nav bars let you customise the buttons and for the buttons to change under context. They're heaps better

Holy shit
>Being this retarded
It must be bait.

Why the fuck do you think I put 500Whr batteries in slim laptops into the equation you fucking niggers? Of course 12x12 802.11ad mimo with each stream being broadcasted at 1 watt is going yo use a ton of juice. No way any 30Whr slim laptop battery is gonna power that for more than a few minutes.

I'm actually saying you're retarded for thinking that wireless will ever be faster than wired.
Guaranteed that thunderbolt will be faster than 802.11ad

Tablets, smart glasses and smart watches.

99% of people don't need 10GB/s transfer speeds

Devices that can be powered by wire are keeping wireless from replacing physical ports. For a good fucking reason.

Thunderbolt is 40gbps, a fucktone faster than 802.11ad.
And you can have as many thunderbolt ports as you want.

With 802.11ad you have to share that 7gbps with everything around you.

Quantum computing won't die though. Probably never will be made for consumers, but it has great potential for science.
And probably government agencies later (to make encryption obsolete)

As long as they can play Doom it should be all good

Smartphones.

Enjoy being tracked like a fucking collared animal so you can fuck around on Failbook and instant chat gossip like a goddamn tween to your "friends", goddamn idiots.

"Premium" feeling aluminium smartphones.

My old plastic Galaxy W survived dozens of drops without a case without a problem and has a replaceable battery.
Newer and much more expensive phones are less sturdy.

>lets but onscreen bezels where our bezels should be

If you're going touchscreen anyway, it's best if you don't have navigation buttons at all. Use goddamn gestures when you want to create muh touch experience.

There's nothing stopping you from remapping physical keys on the flight since they're handled by software anyway. Hell, there are a few phones that let you do just that.

> A technology is bad because some niggers overhype it in the media
gfy

big data and machine learning BS i bet these retards dont do shit at work but make up lies and get paid for it

Stupid? Maybe. But it was cool as fuck.