Should I buy a 60" plasma TV from 2012 for $300...

Should I buy a 60" plasma TV from 2012 for $300? (Panasonic Viera) Apparently it has no burn-in since it was used sparingly.

Or will this look like dogshit compared to a modern TV? 4K is not a big deal to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ihsmarkit.com/press-release/technology/costs-55-inch-oled-tv-display-production-catch-lcd-tv-panels-ihs-markit-say
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Go for it. Worst thing you'll get out of the deal is a hernia. Those purple/yellow "snakes" you're gonna see will go away pretty quickly as you get used to looking at the display.

the blacks are "more true" on plasmas
they emit serious RFI which can be bothersome if you like amateur radio

now is not a good time to buy a TV, if you can live with what you have for 18 months, you'll be happy you did so.

>wrong time to buy GPU
>wrong time to buy RAM
>wrong time to buy TV
Fuck these times.

Why is it a bad time for TVs?

>2018 watching tv

thats why i just bought an S9, gotta scratch the itch somehow

news.ihsmarkit.com/press-release/technology/costs-55-inch-oled-tv-display-production-catch-lcd-tv-panels-ihs-markit-say

This hasn't had time to influence market properly

>2018 looking at a monitor

>quoting themselves
This is up there with speaking about yourself in the third person. Buncha weirdos.

Plasma sucks
get a Quantum Dot or OLED 4K TV if you are wlling to spend more than #1000 for a TV

There are major problems with OLED tvs

- burn in image (they all suffer from this)
- short lifespan
- price

There's a big fucking jump from $300 to $1000 user.
>hey I got $1k what kinda civic should I buy?
>well you might as well spend $100k and get a lightly used bentley
this is what you sound like

Not sure what the last year was for Plasma but I got the last ones with my VT60 and I'm still in awe how well it holds up. One thing is how it handles motion. Nothing competes with it there, not even OLEDs. Not planning on upgrading until HDR feels finalized with one standard and not changing every year.

unless its a zt60/vt60, no

Yes, if your intent is to watch film, they're great, really nice looking images and awesome colour, none of this shitty plastic look you get with LCDs.
No, if your intent is to use it as a monitor for your PC, the static items on your desktop will start to burn in after a while.
But for $300 for 60" i'd say go for it.

>There's a big fucking jump from $300 to $1000 user.
Not really, unless you are poor or stupid.

>Plasma TV
If you like cancer, sure, go for it

This is why nobody likes you

You think someone who plans to buy a 300 dollar TV isn't either of those things.

Plasma is the only thing worth getting if you can't afford an OLED.
>Plasma sucks
Nah. You suck, you fucking faggot.
>get a Quantum Dot
Literally end yourself.

used bentley is not 100k.
they depreciate like buttcoin corrections.