MICE

What mouse are you using and why?

I use the good old G500 since it came out but now the left button clicks double most of the time, i fixed it by cleaning the contacts 3 times already but it is still double clicking now after the thirt time.
I think they actually did this in software so you buy a new mouse.
I like the G500 so much i wanted to buy it again but it is at 300€ now and what the hell, no.

I loved the G500 because of everything.
It's form, the dpi buttons, the free wheel, the back and forth buttons and the one you can "programm" yourself, wich is perfect for push to talk for example.
Only the weights are pretty useless in my opinion. It's just a thing to say "Hey G4morS! you can customise your shit even more so you can be THE BEST GAMER rofl exdeh"

Hopefully i will get some inspiration from you, because i am not sure if i should buy the G502 or the MX Master 2S.
The G502 is this GAMOOOOOR thing again with RGB lighting and weights and thats stupid. Also nobody in hell needs 12k dpi.
The MX Master 2S look like a comfortable mouse but its at 90€ and i kinda want one with cable.

(I know this is not the board for buying recommendations but i see many threads who do just that, also this is a general mouse thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

redferret.net/?p=31008
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

g602 + black eneloop batteries. only had to swap them out once since buying the mouse a year ago.

So many buttons i would neer use, hehe
But it looks comfy

My G500 just shat itself, the light is blinking and I can't move the cursor but otherwise it seems to work. Light Googling indicates that the cable is fucked. I really loved the mouse but I guess I'm in the market for a new one. Any recs?

OP:
I think the MX Master 2S comes closest to the comfortableness of the G500, but it has no free programmable button and the second wheele is useless if you are not a graphic designer i guess.
also its wireless which i hate and it's pretty pricey

I'm still using the mx518, so far it works pretty good. Also can anyone tell me if there is an actually difference in hz rate for the mouse, as in 125 vs 1000

i think it makes a difference depending on the surface. The more Hz, the more accurate the cursor is

But how does it translate to performance, I'm guessing theirs less input latency, so there's more of an accurate mouse?

thats what i'm guessing

The dpi is more of a marketing thing what "matters" is the sensor. But most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the flawless 3360 and other near flawless sensors.
I use the Razer Abyssus v2. The rubber sides have a nice texture and the size and weight is comfy. I had to open the mouse up to remove a 9g weight that razer and it seems more balanced to the middle instead of the back.

Zowie.
>no bloated drivers
>flawless sensors

If you really like the mouse, just replace the cable. I know G400 cable kits are a thing, so I imagine there must be similar for the G500 as well (if not simply the same thing).

>t. G400 user

(what the fuck is this audio captcha bullshit, and where the fuck is my legacy captcha option?)

don't fell for the Logitech meme
you are paying up to 4 times more for nothing
don't get ripped

using the g400s cause i have finger pain scrolling most other mice. after using linux for 5 years i just realised i can launch binaries with mouse3 so now i never need to double click again. i can also crank up the double click timeout to prevent erratic clicks from failing switches. why doesn't windows allow this?

Wasted trips.
I have a G102 and you can regularly find it for under $20, not the cheapest mouse out there but it's basically the full package in relation to higher-end mice, it's literally a G Pro for a third of the price with lower "on paper" ratings, but functionally identical.

still using this but might replace it with a trackball soon.

Zowie EC1-A. Except for the LED that can't (easily) be turned off, it's perfect.

Roccat Nyth, because Star Citizen is a fucking nightmare to control, more difficult than flying a goddamn boeing. These additional keys on the mouse and a gamepad in my left hand make it almost possible to play the game.

redferret.net/?p=31008

I recently fixed a G500 having double clicking issues by following this guide. Basically you just need to bend the metal contact a little to fix the issue.

looks like a buttplug

The G500 is my standard until it breaks. I bought a zowie fk1 on a whim but I hate it. I don't know why but my hands are so sweaty all the time, with the zowie it gets really gross and slick. The g500 it doesn't get that bad.

I've heard that some people sand the zowie to have some texture, but I'm not sure about it.

>tfw not even fat

And yes I washed my hands literally every 10 minutes when using it. And the mouse, it still got bad after a few minutes.

t. buttplug expert

Do you have one inside you right now?

It really depends on the shape of the mouse as much as the material how sweaty your hands are. When I had a Revoltec Fightmouse Elite my palm got never sweaty, not even in the summer. Then I switched to a Roccat Nyth, and my palm is always moist, regardless of the room temperature.

reminds me of a burqa

yes I noticed the zowie is "lower" if you know what I mean. the g500 has more of a curve and it's taller.

but I really think it has to do with the material more. Certain type of plastic I guess.

Yes, the Roccat Nyth is taller than the Fightmouse Elite too, that's why I say the shape matters too, more than you'd assume.

Is there a modern, extremely well received mouse that is a clone of the Deathadder shape? Besides Razer of course.

Logitech g300s. It was on sale for $20 and I wanted a mouse with 4th/5th buttons, control /alt buttons and on-the-fly dpi toggles. The kind of weird button placement took a few days to get used to, but now it feels amazing and way better than the thumb buttons I was used to. I have no idea how "good" the sensor is, but its logitech so probably not too bad. I havent had any problems

>I think they actually did this in software so you buy a new mouse.
No, it's not that. It's the hammers that are made of cheap material. They degrade a lot with use, so they end up missclicking. You can repair them by adding a very thin layer of strong glue.
But after 5 years I had enough of that bullshit and ended up buying a G502.
I'm not really a fan of Logitech's hardware, but the software is damn good, mainly the autoprofile switcher for different programs/games.

G403.

Kinda wish it was taller though. Do they even make taller mice?

Also considering buying the finalmouse ultralight for the memes.

>6158▶
> (OP)
>Zowie.
>>no bloated drivers
>>flawless sensors
old 3310 sensor
shit scrollwheel
harder clicks
overall quality not worth 60€

even tho i love the fk2 shape

g203 aka g102, it's 10/10 for competitive FPS, especially after g100s which was so-so, it's basically a top tier mouse for half a price

the shape is almost perfect for my grip, the sensor is great, the surface build quality is much better than before, and clickers don't seem to break after 2 month

Buy new omron switches from ebay.

Should cost around 2 usd.

No need to use soldering iron or anything.

Open the switch and just replace the small spring inside it. Problem solved.

forgot that it's extremely light, 65g without the balancing weight

i used my g500 untill it died too. I think the g502 is a good successor. i got that one and it so far has done everything the G500 did but better. It has lgbtrgb lighting but u can disable it or have a sold color. My only gripe is the new design language. Why does every GAYMING peripheral all look like Razer products? Seriously everything these days has so many damn edges. Other than that its a good mouse and did everything the G500 did but better

Did that mouse just eat a keyboard?

Yes, that was the whole purpose of buying it if you read the accompanied text.

>tactile mechanical buttons
nice

Logitech MX518. I don't want to ever have to replace it.

G403/603/703 is similar shape but better in every way

The only acceptable mouse.

>still using mice when the greatest pointing device of all time exists

Waiting for one of those babies to ship to me. Mice are still superior for games but for general computing balls are really nice

Any modern clones of the Wheel Mouse Optical?
That hump is so comfy for palming righties, I don't want to give it up.

How are Mionix mice in general? I am looking at the Mionix Naos because I have retardedly large hands and the Naos is retard huge

I have the g500 and cleaned the contacts twice each as well, but in reality the sensor in it is pretty shit. There are tons of better mice available now.

best mouse itt

Logitech g900. Best mouse I've ever used.

I had one of these the scroll wheel click ended up shitting itself after like 1.5 years I used it a lot tho for the game I was playing

Ended up replacing it with Razer Deathadder told myself years ago I would never buy a Razer product but my friend recommended me and there wasn't much else in the shops I'm quite happy with the purchase

I still use my MX510 since 2005.

It wont break.

Overpriced to cater to hardware snobs who think a good sensor is all that matters. Zowie mice have more latency than logitech mice and Zowie haven't updated their hardware for a long time.

logitech b100 because only a retard would pay more than 7 bucks for a fucking mouse

This.

replace the cable. i did this multiple times, easy, fast and cheap

too bad the fucking left switch will shit itself in less than six months. I'm buying a replacement switch righ now.

This
But I just opened it, cut the broken part from the cable and spliced the rest. I did lose the click from the wheel in the process mind. Now sits as a spare with similar deterioration to your 400s.

g403

>I think they actually did this in software so you buy a new mouse.
No one would do that and cause a huge lawsuit for something people do anyways. The physical switch is just worn out, the mouse is nearly a decade old bro.

>I did lose the click from the wheel in the process mind
Assuming you weren't directly messing with it, that should be a simple fix. Unfortunately it's pretty easy for the wheel components to fall out while moving around in there, and just as easy to not make it back into the right place unless you carefully document the original assembly beforehand.

If you can get over the G502's looks, it functions and feels exactly like a G500 with some ergonomic improvements. It's a lot more responsive on the switches and scroll wheel, and a definite improvement.

wooh a mouse topic , i almost wanted to create one bc of my problem .

does anyone knows what to do against MOUSE FREEZES ?

what iv'e done so far.
- reinstalled drivers
-deleted other drivers , only have base win drivers next to mouse drivers.
- made the process mouse compatible with xp(sp3) .
- device manager , unchecked all usb hub energy properties.
- turned off windows themes.

if anyone has some suggestions , shoot at me , am out of ideas.
using a mouse kensington expert mouse.

some say a usb keyboard can cause mouse lag. easiest test is try another pc. when i did so i found the ac power cable was at fault. if you get no good of it buy a ps/2 mouse.

Switch to Nvidia.

I think in that model it's just a small coil spring, the little thing just fell out at some point and I couldn't be bothered to put it back in. It's actually quite nice having a free spinning mouse wheel that's just the right amount if firmness as its probably clogged with years of grime.

You can try to fix this using AutoHotekey.
My mouse once did something similar with middle mouse button,

i cant .

Been using Mionix mice for the past few years. The Naos is probably one of the most comfortable mice I've ever used and it has excellent sensor. I switched over to the Castor recently, and love it just as much.

Came from Logitech mice.

>using mice
/thread

I interchange between the Deathadder Chroma, G303 and G403, whenever I feel like a different shape. I've been using deathadders exclusively for probably 11 years now, on my 3rd one so far. Although I'm thinking of permanently switching over to the G403. The grip material on the g403 feels great. It's soft and doesn't slip, without any of those meme rough plastic feeling patterns. I hope the material lasts and doesn't start peeling off like the original deathadders... The side buttons are great and the overall shape is great. Minimal RGB memery.

I like the g303 for browsing and mobas. The buttons crapped out after a year though, it wouldn't register clicks sometimes or intermittently break the click if you're holding it down. Either the leaf spring in the switches are shit or the spring loaded buttons are a mistake. Because I strapped masking tape to the bottom of the thing that presses down on the switch and bent the spring multiple times to fix this shit. The switches themselves are perfectly functional, seems to be a structural defect. Ah well, got a free g403 out of it, and got to keep the g303. Logitech customer service gave me a no questions asked replacement of my choice in less than a week. It did take like 3 months for them to reply though. I wish they gave me the choice of getting the wireless version, but I guess it wasn't on par with the original price of the g303.

The only things I dislike about logitech mice so far; are the loud clicks and hard to press middle click.

I'm finding lots of cheap Steelseries Sensei Wireless for around 60bux refurbished. Are they a decent buy for that price if you want a wireless mouse?

Get a wireless g403 or g703 used on ebay or something. Steelseries are overpriced pile of garbage with shit sensors.

My G403 Wireless is having issues, It sometimes just skips/stutters like hell and won't stop until i switch it off and back on again, and sometimes even that doesn't fix it so i just try random shit until it stop skipping.
Worked fine for about 2 months but now this skipping happens almost daily.
Is the mouse dying?

I've been using the gigabyte m6800 for the past 14 months, and the only thing going wrong with it is the forward thumb button is getting loose, it slides in and out of place a little. It seems clear it wasn't made to be used as much as I've made use of it (I use it a lot in games) but it still works fine for now.

But this mouse seems to have been removed from production, so I'm wondering which budget mouse I'll get next when it actually fucks up in a significant way.

The 9800 isn't -that- bad

I got that one, too. Mine's in my backpack for onsites because it's fucking immortal.

>people still use mice instead of superior trackpoint on keyboard

Yup. It also feels low quality plastic. I really like the ergonomics but I have two of them here and one of them is already doing the double clicking in exactly less than 6 months. Cleaned it several times but still the same shit. I got a corsair harpoon for about the same price, very satisfied with the feel and quality so far.