ITT your unpopular music opinions

ITT your unpopular music opinions.

I think pic related is Radiohead's best work. Sure it's a bit long, but it's also consistent and has some of their best tracks (There There, WIEAYB, Myxomatosis, A Wolf at the Door etc) their broad range, using their older and newer styles, whereas albums like OK Computer and Kid A are really one or the other.

What's your opinion that others (especially Sup Forums) disagree with or shit on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N5EnGwXV_Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=fpk835d1K7U
youtu.be/psuRGfAaju4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One time I posted about how I liked Aphex Twin and got ripped apart by some tripfag because apparently it's not cool to like a well known artist, and I should have been listening to some no-name bland IDM guys who ripped him off or something. I don't even know.

Boces>See You on the Other Side>Baker solo album>Yerself Is Steam>All is Dream>Deserter's Songs

You were just arguing with a pleb/poseur

>your unpopular music opinions

Where to begin...

>the mega-artists and bands of the 80s like Madonna, Michael Jackson, REM and U2 ruined music forever by guaranteeing that the only way to be a successful artist after them is to have the blandest, most formulaic sound
>the indie/college rock, while at first interesting, fell into the same trap as the above artists and remaining dull for decades
>radiohead is one of those bands that just copied popular trends and sounds, never making anything original or popular on their own

I hate Radiohead so much actually, like I hear people gushing over them so much but when I listen to them it's always the most dispassionate garbage I've ever heard. Thom Yorke and friends are just a bunch of hacks who ape whatever they hear, from grunge/electronica/indie and beyond.

this will be a fantastic thread

Really? There sound wasn't mainstream past the bends.

Could somebody please explain to me what conceptual link "2+2=5" could possibly have with "Wolf at the Door"? Is there anybody who honestly believes this isn't just a collection of re-recorded B-sides, placed in a random order with a hipster-friendly cover and a nonsensical name? That Radiohead's addled brains didn't simply run out of creativity around 2 years ago, and after the utter flop of Amnesiac they've now given up writing truly new music altogether?

Bullshit. Every Sup Forumsdrone worships them, P4K worships them, their latest album charted 1 in the UK. They're literally as mainstream as you can get without being Drake, JB or Ed Sheeran.

Waste of doubl s on that pasta

Thanks for pointing out b8, I would have actually responded.

Yes, that's true they're popular. What I'm saying is that they're musical sound shifted from the mainstream rock which you can hear in their first two albums, to something more experimental.

they've made a career out of confounding expectations. I agree that they've long been a critics' darling, but I think the fashions are chasing them, not the other way around.

The feeling always got from Radiohead was that they had really good taste in music and the best platform in the world to wave their own flag while championing these outsider genres that they explore

which I guess isn't really different than what you're saying about them not "inventing" anything, except I'm not an asshole and cynic about it

The hype and manufactured bs surrounding this record's release is hurtful and sad to straight black men everywhere. You know who buys Beyonce records? Gay men and the hambeasts who love them. Literally that's it. Leave the brothers out of this one y'all.

>I'm not an asshole and cynic about it
read: I don't think for myself and am happy that Radiohead exposes me to genres I don't know about so that I can avoid listening to them but still have an opinion

What's so experimental about taking your typical Warp-core IDM and adding it to your music+making it extra mopey for the teens crying about their relationships?

come back when you understand the difference between there, their, and they're

>muh grammar

Their their.

there seem to be a bunch of guys on here like that. their alternatives to the big "IDM" names are all extremely bland, bad copies of the big names.

I only like Radiohead's pop songs

So all of them?

Album is purely capitalizing on a hot topic. People will forget about it by this time next year, desu

shoegaze is shit
noise is shit
folk is shit
indie is shit
ambient/black/death metal is shit
kpop is shit
pop i shit
meme groups are shit (beefheart, death grips, nmh, etc)
autistic flow charts to shoehorn you into listening to a certain genre are shit
punk is shit
hip hop is shit

Not even trolling

agreed

A perfect circle was/is the best band ever.

This thread wasn't to argue if Radiohead is good or not, it was for contrarian opinions (real ones, not "I'm trying to be patrician" ones)
For example, I think Slint's Spiderland is a pretty weak post rock album.
What do people like you even listen to then?

>Dubstep is shit, with the exception of one or two skrillex songs
>Coldplay are far better than Radiohead and, especially U2 (who are probably the worst band of all time)
>Blur's only good song is Song 2 and they really are talentless dickheads.
>Oasis is far better than Blur by a long shot and are the only good Britpop band besides Coldplay.
>Mumford & Sons and Imagine Dragons are actually pretty good and should be commended for being some of the few good indie bands who infiltrated the mainstream
>Music definitely has gone somewhat downhill and the shear quantity of music released nowadays means that good music is harder to find
>Trip-hop is shit (Even Burial and Massive Attack)
>Queen, PF, and The Beatles were really great bands and are probably the most influential artists of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
>Nirvana was the second best artist of the 80s and the best artist of the 90s.
>UK Garage music is the best musical genre to be invented in the last 10 years and UK garage bands like the white stripes, the strokes, the libertines, and the arctic monkeys were defining bands of the decade
>I really don't like 'Oldschool' or 'newschool' rap music, but Gorillaz are the best rap group and one of the most creative and innovative bands of the 2000s
>I don't really like much any music released this decade except by established bands
>Metal is not for kids and is a great genre
>Most indie music like fun. and capital cities is crap for girls
>Electronic music isn't a talentless genre (See: Deadmau5, Disclosure, and Daft Punk) but most people who make it are talentless hacks and it barely counts as music
>most Sup Forumscore is shit
>Daft Punk are actually really good and are deserve to be famous
>I don't think that songs without singing are good
>I think jazz is boring
>I think people who still download or own digital copies of music instead of just using spotify and youtube are stupid. And I think people who still buy physical music are even worse and are hipsters

Well that other guy didn't mention Classical or Jazz so I'm guessing those for him.

hail to the thief is my favorite, cant stand other radiohead

wow it's every r/music opinion in one post

Back to where u belong

>>>/redd/it

why are you on Sup Forums
it must've been intentional

These are not unpopular opinions at all.
Maybe on Sup Forums, but you basically just said you listen to normie music exclusively (which is fine, but definitely not unpopular)

Unless this is b8?

This was in response to this

holy shit

>Having literally zero argument

depends how broadly you define pop music, but i was talking about stuff that's more like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=N5EnGwXV_Pg
and less like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=fpk835d1K7U

But the OP didn't either, it just made a lot of vague statements and sweeping generalizations.

>push/pulk
>treefingers
>life in a glasshouse
>pop

I unironically like this song:
youtu.be/psuRGfAaju4

I agree

lmaoooooo calm down kid

I think John Frusciante's solo work is much better than anything the Red Hot Chili Peppers put out.

There is nothing wrong with this opinion, Keidis alone is enough to justify it

Most people I talk to still think RHCP are god tier. It does have nostalgic value

Curiosity, what's wrong with Kiedis? I was always more interested in John but Anthony has a pretty nice voice for what they do