Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/talman_tc420/index.html
ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dat Five Piece body doe

Anyone have experience with Yamaha guitars? Particularly the Pacificas. I get the impression that they're good quality for the price range. Wondering here if anyone has or uses one.

Do they still make this in Gold/White anymore?

wHY

probably because he's left handed

Damn I live about 20 minutes from here, bet this bitch weights 300 pounds

First for Vs

what tone does the cork add?

I use it as a slide

i know im going to get memed but i dont care. what is the name of that site that sells cheap chinese guitars? i'd like to take a bass for noodling to my dorm. i dont want to take anything expensive because people here steal.

Probably not, your best bet is waiting on a used one on reverb. The new graphic is pretty cool though imo

ah so its a tone wood.

Convince me not too

I just had a slight worry about something.

Few years ago my guitar broke (Ibanez RG1570 prestige, made in japan) and i sent it to a professional guitar studio to get it fixed.

The thing is, that in the guitar studio they recommended me to also take their "regular setup service" in addition to getting the guitar fixed, and they said that "the guitar left the factory without it's potential being fully realized"

Now, if i remember correctly i think they told me they did something to the action of the guitar, im not 100% sure if they made it higher or lower but i think maybe they said they lowered the action...

And now i read somewhere that lowering the action can effect the sound of the guitar negatively, making things sound less clear and with less sustain, is this true?

I'm still not 100% sure if they lowered or increased the action btw because it was literally years ago

rondomusic?

I would just buy a used Squier from Guitar Center, should be around the same price.

no. future regret is your choice. buy it

I wish Ibanez made a Prestige that doesn't look as sharp or aggressive like a RG or an S, that has the same playability as them. 24 frets, thin necks and all

where are you going to school that people steal that openly? i'm just confused by it

just look at the binding

>And now i read somewhere that lowering the action can effect the sound of the guitar negatively, making things sound less clear and with less sustain, is this true?

Yeah it can, especially if you pick hard. I like a medium action on my guitars so it has a more percussive sound. Nothing you can't fix in a couple minutes though.

i imagine the top wood would begin to warp off after a few years once you start sweating all over it

Kek, I actually used them when I had to restring an Ibanez Jem. The Floyd rose was a bitch to keep up

There's a clone up for these for $50 I might get instead, it's just a plain box though. I peer the white/gold because it stand out from a generic black/dark shade of color x on fuzz/distortions

thanks user that was it. ill post pictures when i get it.

florida...

How much is a Squier affinity Tele with a mighty mite maple neck in v shape worth?
Pic related not mine but same colors

I'm trying to find a good passive humbucker for a Hello Kitty strat that I'm trying to mod. I really want something that has a good amount of high-end and mid-range but not too much mid range where it gets super honky. I'd like some low end but not too much where it gets muddy when I turn up the volume a little bit.

very little

i've never had anything stolen in a dorm is all i'm saying

Like $150?

at most

You could always paint it yourself.
only about $15 in materials

What do y'all think of Hughes & Kettner? Thinking of picking up a Tubemeister 18 in the near future

Gibson 57 Classic

I'm a bit worried dealing with this kind of things, i never changed an action of a guitar in my life.

I know it's a bit silly, i'm a bit scared i might effect my guitar negatively somehow.

gfs alnico II pro
surprisingly musical for a humbucker
whatever that means

I can't play while standing up for some reason

While sitting down, I don't even have to look at the fretboard to play accurately but playing while standing is a pain.

Changing the action is pretty much a no brainier man. It won't do any damage to your guitar.

Have you ever adjusted your truss rod?

If your neck is straight all you have to do is raise the saddles.

I always play sitting down. It might be lame if you want to play some corny Rock music shit, but otherwise it's fine.

Fripp did it his whole life, even as a rock musician.

I know it's not hard, but a part of me is a bit scared that i won't like the change and that for some reason i wont manage to get it back to the position where it's now.

I guess i will just take notes and make very accurate measurements if i will change the action

You rang?

Buy a mm rule and measure the distance from your 12th fret to the string. Take note of that distance and remember it. Then adjust to your liking. If you don't like the adjustment, just switch back to the one you measured originally.

Thanks for trying to help user, its appreciated.

What do you think about the fact that in that guitar studio they said "the guitar left the factory without it's potential being fully realized" when it's a prestige that was made in japan? i mean, i would expect a Japanese prestige to leave the factory in an excellent condition

do you think they were probably wrong? it was Ibanez prestige 1570

Sometimes the factory setup is not the ideal.
Prestiges have good care and overall condition from the factory but it might need a setup due to shipping and other conditions such as humidity.

Anyways action is a matter of taste, too low and you might get fret buzz and kill sustain but if you are happy as is then just don't worry about it.

> I replied to you nicely, you better be good mate.

At the current action i usually don't get any fret buzz, unless i play the lower strings really hard to try and get one on purpose

Too black, painted headstock is no for me. I think a good one is the Roadcore, but that's not RG style kind of neck.

I have a Prestige too, and I still had to set it up, adjust action a bit, straighten the neck. Guitars might be stored for a long time in a warehouse, or it might not be your liking.

Rob Chapman swears by them, so I guess that counts for something.

Beginner picking up a cheap acoustic guitar.

How is the Epiphone DR-100?
Under 200 bucks and reviews are pretty solid.

Thoughts?

have you tried a yamaha in the same price range?

Saw some but for the same price could only find used ones. Pretty tight budget too.

if you get good your epiphone's gonna disappoint you senpai. There should be new ones in that price range at best buy

I need this

How you sit down with that?

Does anyone here have any experience with an Ibanez Talman? I really want to get one, but no local stores carry them so I can't try one out

Well i don't have experience with them, but this guy reviewed one of them, maybe you will find it helpful even though what he reviewed is a different Talman compared to what you show in that picture:

ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/talman_tc420/index.html

I've been playing on the same Seagull acoustic since I learned how to play like a decade ago and know very little about gear and stuff

Does PRS make good guitars?

Just picked this up today. I've been wanting a decent knock around for a while and it was on sale.

Guitars
>Fender 72 thinline reissue
>Yamaha FG720S-12
>Yamaha FX-335
>Silvertone PD2
>Epiphone Hummingbird Pro
>Fender Mexican Stratocaster with a set of lace sensors

Amps
>Marshall JCM-800 combo
>fender frontman 212R

How long?
>22 years

Fav guitars?
>Gibson ES-335
>Gibson J-200
>Telecasters of all kinds (except squier, fuck squier)
>Martin D28

Fav guitarists?
>Eric Clapton
>Chet Atkins
>Jerry Reed
>Steve Vai
>Alex Lifeson

Projects?
>none right now, life is busy.

Yeah, SE line is good value.
S2 seems fairly good although I prefer other brands at that price point.
Core line (made in Maryland) is overpriced new but can be had at some decent prices second hand.

Looks nice, how does it sound?

S2 is suppose to be the same as the core line, without the fanciful finishes. And not the original electronics

thanks guys

Pretty good. It was a tad too bright for my taste out of the box but after playing one song and then throwing a set of Martin retro strings on it it warmed right the fuck up.

Sound is nowhere near its Gibson sibling but for a guitar that cost me $300 after tax and shipping it sounds great. The shadow acoustic pickup in there is also legitimately incredible sounding.

Also the hardware my man and they don't have the full carve of the core series.
Still seems to be very good value and a lot of folks might prefer the S2 simplicity over the Core line flashiness.

I only played one once and it was very underwhelming for me... Had good expectations since I owned a SE but I guess it was a lemon in a poorly stocked store. An Ibanez Prestige played right next to it was much better.

How and why did your guitar 'broke'?

This is going to be interesting.

entry level guitars are basically all the same if you're looking at acoustics. Honestly though you should go with a squier electric because the strings are easier to manipulate. You can get a craigslist squier for under 100.

I've got an opportunity to pick up a used Hartke AK 410 for $300. Any used the AK line before? I know the HyDrives get a love of love but these seem to be straight up Ampeg clones.

Hnnng that ibanez.

I'm not a fan of Steve Vai at all, but this signature guitar looks really pretty. idk how it sounds and plays like though, which is more important than looks.

What are the best signature guitars in your opinion? have you ever played it?

How will you look at this guitar in 5 years, in 10 years, in 15 years? Will you seriously go "hell yeah, that's one sick design and I still love it!" or will you probably say "what the hell was I thinking, this is the edgiest thing imaginable, what was I thinking back then?"

>signature guitars
Maybe that sounds silly, but I don't like the concept in general. Obviously there are very good signature models out there, but I don't want to sound "like someone else". I want to create my own sound and have my own voice as a musician, so buying "X's guitar" has absolutely no appeal to me.

Faggotry

There is no god

this. this so hard. Why spend €2500 on some signature John Mayer/Joe Satriani/Tommy Emmanuel model when you could just buy a regular version and not feel like you're playing someone else's guitar all the time?

signature models tend to have unique neck feel, from the ones I've played anyway there's less variation in similiar models tonally speaking but the feel in your hand varies. I dunno nigga I've played a lot of guitars and for me personally I like the gibson / epiphone slim taper D shape neck, thin and wide in the hand. So I've yet to find a sig model that really appeals to me, sucks because theyre normally beter than stock equivelants but hey

Steve's signatures are great imo.
One of the few signatures I'd actually buy.

They are widely used by other musicians simply because Vai's RG is set up in a way that many like, the pick up combination and set up, nice fast ibanez neck, good hardware.

Honestly the more i look at it, the design maybe gets a bit old to be honest

I agree with you, i don't want to sound like someone else either. i just thought this guitar looks pretty so i posted it...even though as i said above the appeal of the way it looks toned down a bit for me

Well, there is a difference between the regular versions and those signature guitars, what if someone likes the signature ones more after trying both of them? he shouldn't go for it just because "its a guitar of someone else" ?

As for me though, i'm in agreement with you that it might feel a bit like "playing someone else's guitar". i have my own sound and i don't want to sound "just like someone else" either

>thin and wide in the hand
Funny, I've played ibanez mostly and so my idea of gibson's neck is that they are kinda thick and small.
That said, I think now the necks I like the most are gibsons.
Btw, how's your 2015 Studio? Is the brass nut a pain in the ass or is that a no problem?
Did you get it with the retarded autotuner?

I also think there are 2 different kinds of "signature models". Sometimes they are just genuinely good guitars for the price and just happen to be modeled after what another musician uses (jack casady bass, for example, a genuinely good deal and great bass for the price) and then you have the retarded overpriced tribute/signature/whatever editions that cost 3 times as much as a comparable instrument just because someone's name is attached to it.

sold it.
The unt should come standard on all guitars and im looking to buy a set of auto tuners and slam them on the epiphone i sprayed pink~ Don't ask me why I think I've gone a bit mad but whatever.

Sold why?
Since I tend to change tuning a lot at home I dislike auto tuners but I guess for some it's a good deal.
Were the locking tuners from factory?
I don't remember seeing them in 2015s and 2016 don't have them afaik.

Dat jack plate doe

It's a premium that is priced similarly to the Prestiges. You are really paying for that fancy finish and his name.

hey /gg/, have you sold your first own guitar?

Mine is a 2008 MIM Strat. I now own 3 more guitars, and one has to go if I ever want to get another one.

Would you sell or give away your first guitar?

I gave my old Squier Strat to my little brother, who doesn't have it anymore. Definitely regret that since my brother doesn't even play.

I'm that believer that once you start pouring your emotions, your thoughts, your feelings into a tool, you start growing emotionally attached to it and it becomes something much more than wood and wire to you so...

Nope.

>Fripp did it his whole life, even as a rock musician.
Fuck you I had to check if he's still alive because of how you wrote it

Are the guitar reviews in this site, generally good in your opinion?

ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/

I can understand you. I'm not sure what to do with it, I rarely play it anymore, since my JM is better built and my Ibanez Artist goes better with distortion.

I guess I'll hang it on my wall someday, just this one.

My first bass is a really crappy Yamaha, I still have it for some reason but I could also throw it out or sell it. No real emotions attached to that, it helped me get into bass but at the same time it has a horrendous neck.

Ever smashed a guitar?
How did it feel like?
Why?
What guitar?
Would you do it again?
Was it restoreable?
Did it affect the tone in any way?

>pls kill me
>im in terrible pain

It's solid. Honestly, I love it more than the Ampegs.

I heard that's because some people's brains can't deal with keeping you upright and also playing, and it defaults to keeping you from falling over, so you have trouble playing.

If you wanna change it, practice playing simple stuff while standing, with the guitar hanging around where it is when sitting.

Anyone else here a fan of free improv on guitar?

What techniques do you use, what kind of effects do you use etc.?

They're both sealed, chambered, and lined cabs. I'm guessing it has the same low mid bump and rolled off lows of the Ampegs?

I hate cabs with extended bass response, I'm not trying to play fucking nigger music.

>I hate cabs with extended bass response, I'm not trying to play fucking nigger music.
Ported cabs are a must for me, I want to be able to hear the fundamental of my low B, I don't need it to be insanely loud but I want to be able to hear it.

Best bang for your buck, we recommend them to beginners all the time.

You're not hearing the b better with a ported cab, you're "feeling" it better. If you actually wanted that b to be heard better in a band context you would play through a sealed enclosure which actually projects more due to the enhanced mids.

Having an extended low end doesn't mean that the mids are suffering, not to mention that you can still boost mids to be heard better. I'm just not a huge fan of a cabinet that can't reproduce the low end properly, and yes at 30-40Hz that is a certain rumbling sound (and also feeling at a certain volume). That doesn't automatically mean that it's overbearing or boomy though.

No.