What is the best Sup Forums pasta?

what is the best Sup Forums pasta?

probably Tylo be chillin

Alfredo

Could somebody please explain to me what conceptual link "Burn The Witch" could possibly have with "True Love Waits"? Is there anybody who honestly believes this isn't just a collection of re-recorded B-sides, placed in alphabetical order with a hipster-friendly cover and a nonsensical name? That Radiohead's addled brains didn't simply run out of creativity around 9 years ago, and after the utter flop of The King Of Limbs they've now given up writing truly new music altogether?

not a pasta, its a dish

I want to be lauren mayberry's little baby tampon boy. i want to turn into a little crying baby and then suck on her breasts. her magic breast milk would turn me into a little baby tampon boy. she would stick me into her hoo-hoo and i would wait with anticipation spouting little baby goo-goo ga-gas waiting for her to bleed all over me. i want to feel her lauren mayberry blood inside my little goo-goo ga-ga baby tampon body. i want to absorb her hoo-hoo juices inside my little baby tampon boy body and goo-goo ga-ga like a little rolly-polly baby boy. it would be orgasmic to know i am one with her hoo-hoo lauren mayberry blood and i would giggle and goo-goo ga-ga and yelp with little baby boy excitement as i roll around in her lauren mayberry hoo-hoo and revel in her red juices, slurping them into my soft little baby tampon boy goo-goo ga-ga body. then i want her to pull me out and squeeze and wring my little baby tampon boy body so that her lauren mayberry hoo-hoo blood and juices spill all over her lauren mayberry face. it would hurt and i would scream in pained goo-goo ga-gas as pain envelops my little baby tampon boy body until i reach full climax and turn back into grown human man.

THE FACT THAT

It was a day like any other. Anthony Fantano, the Internet’s busiest music nerd, was hard at work listening to music that he was to review. It was sunny, and slightly humid, so he had left his shirt off for the day. His girlfriend was dealing with an emergency at work. But all of a sudden, Anthony heard a knock at his door. His muscles rippled as he got up from his desk chair. He slowly walked to the door… He saw a dark silhouette through the window. “I wonder who that could be…?” Anthony wondered. He slowly opened the door. And, to his great surprise, his biggest idol was standing before him… MC Ride. Or as his friends call him, Stefan. MC Ride peeked in the doorway, and said, “H-hey… um I don’t know if you know me… b-but I’m in a band and our van broke down about a half mile back… I w-was hoping you had some tools laying around…” Now, although Anthony had always loved Death Grips and their music, he tried to play it cool. After all, he kind of had a crush on Stefan ever since he heard his voice on Beware. Luckily, Anthony had a big shed in his back yard full of his dad’s old mechanic tools. Anthony smiled, and replied, “Sure… I recognize you. What band again? Deaf grapes or something?” “N-no… Death Grips…” answered MC Ride. Anthony laughed. “ha-ha, that’s right! just come on in! I could definitely give you a tool to use…” He led MC Ride to his back yard. On the way, He could feel Ride’s gaze on him. He wondered if he liked what he saw. He opened the door to the shed, and Ride quickly shuffled in to grab what he needed. “He’s even cuter in real life…” Thought Anthony. On the way back, Anthony hastily offered Ride a beer. “Hey man, want to have a beer? You seem like a cool dude.” “Well… Zach and Andy are waiting for me… but I guess a quick beer wouldn’t hurt I guess.” Mumbled Ride.

The fact that...

At first, they sat awkwardly in Fantano’s living room. But then they started talking about Death Grips and other music. They were soon off on a riveting conversation. After a while, Anthony said; “hey… I haven’t really been honest with you Stefan… Can I call you that? To tell the truth, I know a lot about Death Grips. I’m pretty much your biggest fan.” “Ha-ha… Yes I know… and I have to confess something too. I watch almost all of your video reviews. Y-you could say that I’m your biggest fan.” Anthony then did something very risky. He laid his hand on Stefan’s leg, right above the knee. Their eyes met, and the next thing Anthony knew, their lips were locked and they were lying on the couch together. “Can Andy and Zach wait?” asked Anthony. Ride’s response was to continue kissing him. They made out like this for a few minutes, and then Ride started slowly moving down to Anthony’s private area, kissing his beautiful chest on the way down.

“Please” whispered Anthony. MC Ride slowly unbuttoned Anthony’s black shorts. Anthony’s rock hard penis sprang up, and MC Ride started sucking it off. It was the best blowjob of Anthony’s life. Far better than any blowjob his girlfriend had ever given him. The way Stefan’s tongue moved… it was amazing. “Ohhhh Stefan… I think I want you to do the nasty in my taxi!” yelled Anthony. “I AM THE BEAST YOU WORSHIP” replied MC Ride as he took Anthony’s cock out of his mouth. Anthony bent over on the couch, and got on his knees. Ride undid his all-black jeans, and revealed his lengthy penis. He started to put his throbbing penis into Anthony’s butt, when all of a sudden, “IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES YUUHHHH!!!!!” “Oh my God!!” screamed Anthony. “You get-get-get-get got-got-got-got it in!” MC Ride wasn’t a tender lover. He pumped and pumped until finally, in euphoria, he came inside of Anthony’s butt. He withdrew, exhausted, and laid down next to Anthony, who had reached orgasm as well. “H-how was it?” Asked Stefan. “you’re good…” Whispered Anthony. “I liked your lovemaking. I would give you a strong six, light seven.”

HERE'S THE THING ABOUT FREDDIE

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and

Please get the fuck out of my home. No, seriously. You see that 'x' on your tab for this thread? Click it. Fucking click it. And make sure you relocate to somewhere like www.reddit.com/r/letstalkmusic and most importantly don't ever bother coming back here not in this lifetime, or any other lifetime. If by some miracle you choose to get cryogenically frozen at your death and hundreds of years down the line, when people figure out a way to bring back the dead and cause them to become immortal, don't even think about coming to this place. I fucking hate everything about you, dude. You think that you can come into my house and try to have a serious discussion about "music"? That's not what we do here, pal. Not a single "desu" is in your entire post. lmao DUDE are you even trying?

Matter of fact, why don't you fuck right off to the economist with all that fancy technical jargon. Incase you've forgotten, this is Sup Forums.com/mu/. If your post lacks "holds up spork, desu, meme, top cuck, >implying, who are you quoting?, nice meme, kill yourself my man, jenny death when, we out here senpai, we eatin tonite, 311, *glass breaks* fire emoji, literally who, trap influenced memes" (just to name a few, and by 'few' i mean .01% of our dankest shit you'll ever read) then it is against the rules to click that submit.

Teenagers think Pet Sounds is some kind of experimental emotional masterpiece when really it's just The Beatles 2 Faggotronic Boogaloo

I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on Sup Forums. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.

To all you Pet Sounds fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.

Could somebody please explain to me what conceptual link "Ultralight Beam" could possibly have with "Wolves"? Is there anybody who honestly believes this isn't just a collection of re-recorded B-sides, placed in a random order with a hipster-friendly cover and a nonsensical name? That Kanye West's addled brains didn't simply run out of creativity around 3 years ago, and after the utter flop of Yeezus he's now given up writing truly new music altogether?

Oh god I remember the shitstorm caused by that post

Memes aside, he has a point about the conceptual link between BTW and TLW... and many of the tracks are not new music. Can anyone answer that question?

This is coming from someone who thought A Moon Shaped Pool was 9/10

Well I've done it Sup Forums. You've broken me. I just spent the last half hour listening to a nigger yell in my ear behind some shit lo-fi synths WITHOUT any explanation. Do you understand Sup Forums? That means I've lost. That means that ignorance and meme spamming and shitposting nonsense has finally lead me down the oily path straight into the oven. You've set me ablaze Sup Forums. I'm on fire.

Wow. Just wow. Never in my life have I heard anything so fucking pretentious and useless to the whole of music in my entire life. A nigger and his junkie pals discover punk music and it's headline news? What a waste of fucking time. What a waste of spam. What a waste of energy.

Are any of you proud of this faggotry? Are any of you better off for it? Do you really deem this music as worthy of any sort of acclaim? Are you all really 16?

What happened Sup Forums? What happened to all the things you stood for? Why am I raging in a shit thread asking for ONE SIMPLE FUCKING ANSWER and off all idiot spamming, posting-without-reading-the-thread anons and unfunny, unintelligent, nonsensical, waste of space and burden on society trips not ONE of you idiots could meet a demand? Not one can explain your actions?

Is Sup Forums just a farm of chickens looking up to the sky with their mouths open drowning in filthy rainwater piss because everyone else is doing it?

Fuck all of you.
Fuck the tripfags who think they're acknowledgement of their uselessness makes for any sort of cancer they've been spreading.
Fuck the anons who pretend that Sup Forums is just a game. Fuck following pitchfork or fantano ironically or uniconically.
Fuck the same 130 AWFUL albums that keep getting spammed here everyday.

Not a single one of you shitheads deserve a music board or a community. You all deserve to be disconnected, friendless, wannabe-4chaners of the past.

I don't if care you think I'm trolling or looking for attention or whatever the spammers on the frontpage have said or done. I really don't care. I've leaving Sup Forums. It

means nothing to you but just know that one of the original soldiers of this site is gone. Laugh at it. Ignore it.
sage it.
II'm gone. I'm not even going to look at the responses to this post. You're all fucking children wasting your youth in a computer screen for music that people outside are already jerking off to. You all disappoint me.

Fuck I'm crying right now. My heart's been crushed and left in the mud. This is worse than any woman or any feel.

I hurts knowing there is no "you're here forever" sign for your old home.

It was fucking written to troll people. Don't answer it seriously you idiot.

actually I'm pretty sure the first guy was genuine. It's just become memed in the past 24 hours

was this talking about dean blunt? or death grips?

It's from the time The Money Store was spammed on Sup Forums because of Fantano giving it a 10.

ROFL SURE GOT TOLD

lol Young Thug is my favorite rapper by far lol i have his birthday memorized and I google him at least twice a day

i study all his videos too lol I've watched Halftime at least 30 times

I am also equally as gay as Young Thug (meaning im not gay but I like to say gay things)

i also make rap songs and I made a whole song dedicated to Thugger

my friends say that I imitate the way he moves in real life... not intentional at all but probably true, I just look up to him that much

he isnt just my favorite rapper hes also like my favorite person... my idol...

NIGGERING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT

does anyone have a compilation of unty's tantrums

>be me reading this thread
>walking to go see a movie in my home city of Sacramento, California
>notice man in hoodie with dark skin walking in front of me
>we walk for a few minutes, he's about 20 paces ahead
>all of a sudden he stops dead in his tracks
>as I pass him, he turns his head to ne and is sporting a grin like the joker's
>mfw it's Stefan "MC Ride" Burnett, the lead singer of Death Grips
>I stop walking, dumbfounded at the coincidence, and just stare at him
>He stares back and slowly starts reaching his hand out toward my phone
>He grabs it and brings it about an inch away from his face, scrolling through the thread
>Keeps chuckling to himself and muttering, "sounds about right senpai"
>I start to feel uncomfortable and ask for my phone back
>He laughs again, turns to me and asks, "You wanna hear a new track we just finished?"
>I cautiously say yes
>He hands me my phone back. As I reach to grab it he catches me by the wrists and forces me down to the ground
>Stefan starts to violently fart in my face, holding me under him so I can't move
>Smells worse than death, like I've fallen into a pit filled with a 1000 corpses
>I see his pants turning brown, then black, then red as a viscous, bloody substance starts leaking into my face
>All the while MC Ride is screaming, "I don't need your HELP" over and over again
>Suddenly I hear gunshots and his grip on me loosens
>I run away into the arms of a police officer who saw what was happening and shot Ride
>Ride crumples to the ground
>An ambulance arrives, and the paramedics pronounce him dead
>Ask me if I know who he is, and I tell them it's Stefan from Death Grips
>The paramedics shake their head and say that can't be
>I take a look at the body and notice it looks like a plain old homeless guy, with no resemblance to MC Ride
>Across the street, I notice a man walking in a hoodie
>He stops and tips his head toward me
>it's MC Ride
>he then shouts "wait up guys" and joins 2 white fuses walking ahead of him

it's this one

'Watch Me Whip' is literally the worst song I have ever heard

The song "Watch Me Whip" is single-handedly the worst song I have ever heard. Before you get all bent out of shape, I do know that it's not to be some intellectual masterpiece of modern art; it is just factually a shitty song. Here's why:

Repetition:

This song takes repetition to a level rivaled only by songs written for 3 year-olds. The singer repeats his name a full 6 times before the third verse, just in case you were wondering who 'wrote'? No vocalised the script put in front of him.

There were 980 'words' in this song. Is nae a word? Scratch that, I truly don’t care. Of those 980 words, three variations (Now watch, now watch me, watch me) represent 369 words. That’s more than ⅓ of the song for literally 3 words (and I didn’t include the single mentions of the word ‘me’). If we include ‘ooh’ (there are 84 instances) and ‘bop’ (there are 72 instances), which total 156, we have 525 out of 980 words made up of 5 words.

I think we get the picture on this.

Simplicity:

The most complex word in this song is a tie between ‘Silento’, the vocalist’s (not an artist in my opinion) handle, the word ‘already’ (which appears literally once), and the word ‘superman’. Doing a quick tally, that means that 15 single word instances are 3 syllables. All the rest are 1 or 2 syllables. The vocabulary is not strong with this one. Look at that! My use of ‘vocabulary’ beat out this song by 2 whole syllables!

The culmination of the two previous points into the dumbing down of everyone who had the displeasure of hearing this song:

Pretty self-explanatory. Look, I get that the writer wasn’t going for a Pulitzer or a Grammy, but a quick hit that’ll be catchy and easy to remember. Fair enough. EXCEPT FUCK YOU YOU’RE LITERALLY RUINING MUSIC. Who am I to say what should and shouldn’t be written?

An asshole, that’s who. One who is procrastinating other, important work.

Basically, by putting music out that has a grand total of about 30 unique words, you’re contributing to the lowered standard of quality of music. This is one step away from repeating one single word over and over for 5 minutes straight, which now that I think about it probably exists. Except that would have some comedic value at the very least. This shit, well it’s like a kindergartener took a crayon and drew a stickman (poorly, I might add), that was subsequently put up in an art gallery. Real, impressionable children will listen to this and think “ Wow, dad was wrong! I CAN skate in life only knowing less than the bare minimum needed to be able to read ‘See Spot Run’, which I never did because fuck books and education”. (Side note - That interaction wouldn’t have been possible outside the child’s head, since there are too many unique words used)

Now put on your tin-foil hats, because this is where I lose half of you with my bullshit. Songs like this promote the opposite of education. Like I said, it devalues a halfway competent vocabulary in the name of catchiness and a cheap ‘musical’ fix. When you see what can be presumably defined as success (ie having several hundred million views on Youtube and countless other radio plays), it sets a standard in young, impressionable minds. We’ve had many people trying to get past this dumbing down of society, like KRS-ONE, Stevie Wonder, John Lennon, and many others (No, of course not all of their songs). They were trying to create a more engaged people who reflect on the actual issues we face as a society, instead of making up a cute little dance to go along with your shitty track as your brain melts from lack of use.

>The fact that so many books still name this pasta as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" pasta ever only tells you how far pastas still are from becoming a serious art. Meme critics have long recognized that the greatest memes of all time are Death Grips and Time Machine Modulus, who were not the most famous or dankest or most posted of their times, let alone of all times. Sup Forums critics rank the highly controversial MLP over classical memes who were highly popular in courts around Sup Forums. Pasta critics are still blinded by commercial success. This meme was posted more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Meme critics grow up reading a lot of memes of the past, anime critics grow up reading a lot of anime memes of the past. Pasta critics are often totally ignorant of the pasta of the past, they barely know the most well meme'd. No wonder they will think that this pasta did anything worthy of being saved.

Who is the target market for this song? For all the reasons I’ve brought forth, I believe the target market to be the typical vapid, vacuous consumer that doesn’t engage in critical thought related to anything more than whether the Kardashians look better in blue or teal. I realise that I’ve made a broad, fairly baseless claim, and yet I’m confident it’s pretty accurate.

Songs like these placate the masses with their simplicity and safety. You don’t need to think, you don’t need to guess what it’s talking about, you just need to follow these three easy steps and you too can conform to the newest dance craze. Independent thought is the antithesis of this track. By listening to this, you are using time that could be spent thinking of ways to better the city/country/world you live in. Again, I realise that not everyone WANTS to engage with the world like this, but I will still stand by the claim that critical thought is better than being herded like a goddamn sheep by pop-music.

So what have we learned today? Well, mostly that I’m way too mad about a song. That’s a given. What I want to really stress is that this song is symptomatic of a larger issue at hand. Like the CIA funneling crack into ghettos, to me this type of music represents a concerted effort to quell independent thought. Ultimately it’s easier to listen to a catchy song with like 7 words than to actually sit back and think about why everything is kind of messed up.

I really, truly fucking despise this song.

Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!
You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY TYLO BE CHILLIN, HERE'S A PIC OF HUMBLE CANNONS BY AARON ELLIS, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes on the music section of a god damn anime imageboard? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

I'm fairly certain this originated on /lit/ when they found a female booktuber and creeped her into running from both the internet and reading as a whole. There's a big image of it all somewhere, shit got strange.

Very funny but you should have let the gentleman (or lady) above you finish their pasta first.

.mp3? Haha, didn't think so. WAV is the superior lossy format, as it loses and regains data in a 'wavelike' (thus the name) manner. A day of a song sitting on your hard drive might corrode the audio file by maybe 30 microbits per sample-- not much, but it adds up! Within a month, you may even be sitting on youtube-quality audio. If that's the case, just sit back and wait another month, so that the WAV file can recompress the missing audio. Good as new! This is also why so-called "stereo" WAV files come with two audio files: an L for "losing", and an R for "returning". That way, you can always have audiophile-approved sound!

I saw Flying Lotus a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw FlyLo trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

s-sorry

Could somebody please explain to me what conceptual link "Peacebone" could possibly have with "Derek"? Is there anybody who honestly believes this isn't just a collection of re-recorded B-sides, placed in a random order with a hipster-friendly cover and a nonsensical name? That Animal Collective's addled brains didn't simply run out of creativity around 6 years ago, and after the utter flop of Danse Manatee they've now given up writing truly new music altogether?

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

I don't remember it being part of that. "she looks like her best friends is her mother and grandma" and "she looks like her hymen is fully intact" were two highlight though. Also she got some losers to give some books she wanted because they felt guilty.

THEY

SERIOUS
P
I
P
E
S

oh god...I didn't want to tell this story but here it goes:

it was 2013 and CHVRCHES first record had just dropped. i instantly fell in love with it after the first listen. i knew i just had to see them live so I went to their first concert in my area. i went alone since all of my friends only listen to metal. i had a real blast and sang along to all the songs. after the concert was over Iain and Martin invited me and a couple of other guys back stage. Lauren was back there, and at first she was really aloof and quiet. as time went on she got more and more talkative. she used a lot of curse words, which really took me by surprise but otherwise I thought she was lovely. she seemed weirdly obsessed and focused on me even though there were 4 other guys invited back stage. eventially it was time for everyone to go home and Lauren offered me a ride in her car. of course i said yes. she said she wanted to stop by her hotel really quickly to change her tampon on the way to my apartment, i was surprised by her bluntness. she told me to come inside the hotel with her because she felt rude leaving me in the car alone. we went inside the hotel room and i waited for her as she went straight to the bathroom. she spent like 30 minutes inside the bathroom and at one point while she was inside she screamed really loudly. i thought the whole thing was pretty weird but actually I never had a girlfriend before so I didn't know if this was typical for girls on their period or not. after she got out of the bathroom she offered me a glass of wine. I accepted, and the next thing I know I was in the alley way with bite marks all over my body. my dick felt really sore. it took me weeks to process what happened. i never thought I'd share this story with anyone but I just had to finally let it off my chest. do not support Lauren or her music anymore please.

oh i love this one

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions in the music community regarding the differences between 320kbps mp3 and FLAC format. It is true that 320kbps is technically as good as FLAC, but there are other reasons to get music in a lossless format.

Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

not memeing, the files don't actually degrade right?

best one

Holy shit you're such a fucking dumbass, you know that? You are the bottom of the Earth. The people nobody wants to talk to. You spend so much time listening to shitty music yet you think it's good. You spend your time obsessing about people and posting them on the internet to look cool yet in reality if people in real life saw that what would they think? They think you were a loser, you fucking loser. You aren't interested in starting a discussion with me? It's probably because you don't even know how. I'm not retarded, I'm telling the truth. Know what you're doing before you do it. The way you're acting now is so childish I can't even begin to explain. Listen to a mature record that isn't a totally exaggerated mess of emotions and poor musical merit. Which is what you listen to now. How about some avant-garde jazz? Try A Love Supreme, it's pretty entry level. You probably won't get it though because you're a worthless sack of shit. You will never amount to anything in life. Go outside, take a walk, don't think about your edgy so deep music for once. Once you've done that, come back and try to look at what you're doing right now. Maybe after a few times you'll see that you're a complete child and need to improve. Or maybe you have a serious mental issue. Maybe Autism? I'm guessing that's it. Seek a doctor or therapy to help that out. Or maybe you don't. Maybe you're just a close minded retard with no understanding of anything at all.

Don't even try to bring this argument anywhere else. I won't respond, or I'll think of something to get you mad since you're easily made upset. This discussion is over, sorry loser.

It's not. If you read that post, you can see halfway through that the user forgot to replace the booktuber's name with lauren's.

Suck my fucking dick nerd. You're a fucking faggot and I hope you die and get raped by a fucking pack of fucking AIDS infested black wildebeests you waste of oxygen. It's called HAVING FUN you fucking buzzkill loser.

It seems there's a time in every white, male, middle class, suburban millennial's life where we, usually around the age of 13, fall in love with Radiohead. It's a perfectly natural reaction. Their melodramatic, angst-ridden screeds against vague ideas of corporate evil and heads of state fit perfectly into our newly minted interests in things we can hardly begin to understand. But you don't need to understand much to fully appreciate being holed up in your bedroom listening to Let Down on blast on our iPod alarm clock radio while thinking about your crush in Algebra who looked at you for a full 2 seconds that day. For their part, Radiohead has done well in transitioning these 13 y/os with burgeoning interests in music to transition to less juvenile acts. They've aped Talking Heads, Sonic Youth, Can, etc and thusly led their teenage fans down that road. Fast forward to their latest, 'A Moon Shaped Pool'. Radiohead seem to have given up on appropriating genuinely interesting music in favor of rehashing what sounds like a mishmash of Coldplay's greatest hits. For any well-learned, well-listened educated person the fact that the album is bad is not surprising. Radiohead have never produced a genuinely good album in their careers. But, still, they served a valuable purpose in the lives of music fans by leading them to greener pastures. With their ninth record instead they give them the finger and point to A.M.-radio-Superbowl-halftime-life-insurance-commercial ""rock"" music. Rock in scare quotes because as much as they still retain their love for guitars and drums and bass this is the most flaccid sound ever produced from an ostensibly uproarious art form.

Aaron is a genius pushing the boundaries of music and what it can and can't do. He is the Velvet Underground of our generation. He's our Residents. He's our Thom Yorke. He's the future of music. If you actually listened to the record, you'll realize it. The emotion he pours out in every song, the sublime summation of raw sexuality in the vocals and lyrics that has yet to be matched, the dark, cryptic atmosphere. This album will inspire and change. Like they said about the Velvet Underground in the 60s "Not very many people heard it, but those that did all started bands." This will be the case for Aaron. The pop singers of tomorrow will hear his record on Bandcamp and think to themselves "this is it, this says everything I want to say and be." and take on the torch. Aaron comes from a place of pain, struggle, experience, and emotion. Do not dismiss it as merely a meme, its an emotional rollercoaster thrillride through the psyche of another human being. Jamie Stewart of Xiu Xiu, and Zachariah Holte of Micro Benis are two masterminds of music taking inspiration from the genius of tomorrow. Aaron doesn't need no sleek, shiny, packaged production. Aaron doesn't need ghostwriters or PR marketing. All he needs is a microphone, a brain, and a voice. Aaron is the left-field of pop. Folk, hip hop, post-rock, ambient, spoken word, shoegaze, and top 40 all merge together on this record to create a unique sensation of pleasure that only Aaron could provide. The sheer amount of ideas on this record will be passed down to millions in the future. The Velvet Underground gave us bands like Nirvana, The Fall, Pavement, Radiohead, The Sex Pistols. Who knows what Aaron will give us? Martin Macrobenis? King Jones the Bleeding Heart? Aaron is a man who's been to hell and back, and everywhere in between. An inspiration for us all.

No

I mean, Steely Dan managed to make tepid rock music sound nice by combining it with white-people-jazz and a supreme ear for melody but I can't say anything as redeeming for this heap Radiohead has put out. It's mid-tempo background music for 50 minutes. I almost don't want to call this music. 'Music' has the import of art. This sounds like computer-generated sound for playing in department stores meant to keep young shoplifters out of the store by boring them to tears.

Definitely these two. I also like the one that has "she actually says user" in it.

Yes but not for those reasons. And FLAC doesn't help, other than that it's high quality so you can afford to lose more data. To be really secure you need error correction like on CDs. However, the degradation is a LOT slower than the pasta claims so don't worry about it. Buy CDs or vinyl records (or pirate ISOs if you can find them I guess) for music that you REALLY love and want want to last 50 years, and use FLAC/mp3 for the rest.

I've got 3 terabytes of 60's pre-ambient

800 gigs of live recordings of this local band called the fuckerfucks. They played only 2 shows before breaking up but I had 11 redundant recording rigs all recording flac which I then layered over one another for 25,000 kbps bitrate.

8 terabytes of the beatles. No not THOSE beatles, the new beatles. They haven't recorded an album yet and technically they're not really a band yet but they're indie-gospel-post-funk-punk style is going to be huge when you guys hear their stuff in about 5 years.

4 petabytes of the Ethiopian Free Jazz wave that occurred in 1973 in a town called Wenji Gefersi.

18 terabytes of sound check recordings from the mid 90's band LFO. They only scored a hit with "I like girls (who wear abercrombie and fitch)" but they were way ahead of their time.

That's just my C: drive. I have 41 drives.

You're right, it's no, BUT technically there is a phenomenon called bit degradation. It's when the hardware for a single memory bit actually fails.

It takes a very long time for this to occur though so it's inconsequential.

best

there doesn't fucking have to be a conceptual link that's why it can apply to every album ever and is an absolutely retarded criticism

This is one of my favorites.

Holy fucking kek that one was good

Yorkie Dork and the Radhads

AMSP ruined this board for a few days